Did they change something I'm not aware of? Couple pages ago it was doom and gloom, now it's "Kinda okay"?

Is this people getting used to the crappy place we're at and accepting it, or was there actually an improvement I missed?

Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    The faceroll isn't something a "pass" can fix. It's their core mechanics. They're all a button or two for damage, one button for AM, two buttons for CDs and some random-ass filler of varying usefulness. Outside of Brewmaster, there's no real meaningful interaction between buttons. It's just press X > Press Y > Is Z off CD? > Press Z
    Read here for a long time, recently got alpha access, so my first post.

Warriors can specc into interactions between Ignore Pain and Focused Rage and between Shield Block and Shield Slam. Maybe something similar for the other tanks is still possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veilyn View Post
    The faceroll isn't something a "pass" can fix. It's their core mechanics. They're all a button or two for damage, one button for AM, two buttons for CDs and some random-ass filler of varying usefulness. Outside of Brewmaster, there's no real meaningful interaction between buttons. It's just press X > Press Y > Is Z off CD? > Press Z

I believe the changes they've made has been their idea to combat the shortage of tanks. Which really rustles my jimmies because it's the stupidest thing I think I've ever witnessed in my life. The issue with a lack of tanks has never been complexity because let's face it, none of the tank classes are particularly complex and neither is tanking for the most part. The thing swaying people away from tanking is the position it puts you in. You're essentially the "leader" of a group for the most part in dungeons, as well as in a raiding environment if you fuck up it's usually a wipe. Casual babbies don't want that responsibility. They just want to hit things and jerk off.

I've put more hours into the Alpha then I'd like to admit at this point and most of it has been spent on tank classes. Once the "so shiny, so new!" luster wears away it quickly sinks in just how boring they are to play. I really do think dumbing the tank classes down is going to do far, far more harm than good.

Side note - the word willy is great and more people should use it.
    i watched some vid of toweliee playing prot in pvp, that shit hurt, the guy had like 6 people on him with Ardent defender on, and each hit deals 50k+.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demsi View Post
    i watched some vid of toweliee playing prot in pvp, that shit hurt, the guy had like 6 people on him with Ardent defender on, and each hit deals 50k+.
    I believe they've toned it down as of late but yeah, initially it was ridiculous. We were unkillable murder machines.

haha dunno if they've changed it down, with AW up mine tics for 90k in heroics, 100k+ in the testing, wouldn't mind if they give it the ability to crit though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damonharp View Post
    Did they change something I'm not aware of? Couple pages ago it was doom and gloom, now it's "Kinda okay"?

Is this people getting used to the crappy place we're at and accepting it, or was there actually an improvement I missed?
    This is what is commonly referred to as "Stockholm Syndrome." Outrage and caterwauling take energy, which is, you see, a limited resource.

In defense of most of the Alpha tanking specs, they're not so much fundamentally aggravating (as, to the best of my understanding, has been the issue with specs like Arms for all of WoD) as they're coma patient-friendly - the problem isn't so much that there's something wrong with the specs as it's that there's very little right with them.

Speaking of "very little right" another build with nothing but Artifact tweaks. It's cuts even deeper still when two or three of the blue responses within 5 or 10 minutes of the changes being posted included a line similar to "It's always helpful to see player reaction to these ideas"

10+ Year Old Account
    What's with Guarded by the Light change in last build? Says it grants +50% block chance. Isn't that a little overpowered?

They think overpoweredness can win us over where gameplay can't? I dunno.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    What's with Guarded by the Light change in last build? Says it grants +50% block chance. Isn't that a little overpowered?
    Either a typo, or it means a 50% increase to block, so if we have 30 it'll become 45%. Which is still pretty insane, but not AS insane.

Or possibly it's 50% of (some other rating IE crit or haste) is added to block.

Or it could be a proc from something.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

It definitely reads "block chance" not value. To be honest I don't really ever trust the tool tip changes as read in patch notes, data seems to get funky (I doubt our crit suppression went from 6% to 0% for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by Sepelio View Post
    Side note - Reaching the 100% uptime on sotr point was very easy, i maintain it on most bosses with 60% crit and 20% haste, REALLY hoping that gets a massive scaling change to require alot more of both

- - - Updated - - -

Also double side note - painful truths makes my willy excited
    Tbh i don't expect us to reach 60% crit in raiding for a while. But it was expected.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by YourPalFleisch View Post
    They think overpoweredness can win us over where gameplay can't? I dunno.
    Sadly they will just say "oh, but you are viable!"

Ignoring the fact, that prot still plays like shit on Alpha. It's such a letdown.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    This is what is commonly referred to as "Stockholm Syndrome." Outrage and caterwauling take energy, which is, you see, a limited resource.
    Or people are just tired and frustrated. I have been ranting about this new system since they showed us the "Gameplay-Plan" or whatever you want to call it back in Nov 2015. They clearly don't give a shit. They are not listening to us or any of the famous good Prot Pallies out there.

Blizzard still seems to think, that people don't want to tank because it's hard (for some reason). Ignoring the fact people wont play a tank even if it was just pressing one button. Because they don't want the responsibility.
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2016-04-07 at 03:02 PM.

I've simply decided I'm going to play another class. No more paladin tears. Never liked the whole holy warrior aesthetic anyway. My paladin only exists becaise I rolled it to make a point about my raid needing a Holy paladin since our healing officer was of the "we just assign a disc priest to each tank for COW and we don't need a hpally" mindset (I have since joined a better guild) and found out that haste stacking keyboard spam tanking is fun.

I still hold out hope, of course, or I wouldn't be here, but it doesn't seem like there's much to discuss other than "everything still sucks."
    Last edited by bicycle; 2016-04-07 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Tbh i don't expect us to reach 60% crit in raiding for a while. But it was expected.
    Yea but 100% uptime is the point of retardation, the difference between 60% and 80% feels like immortality.

LotP also needs another nerf, genuinely it is beyond retarded for self healing, i don't even have the traits yet either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazel View Post
    PJSalt is real
    Jokes aside, I think stuff like this is pretty telling. Bicycle isn't alone in this decision. I personally won't be tanking at all if I actually do play in Legion, 2 friends of mine who also mained Prot Pala are also planning on moving to another class/role. Whilst none of us are special snowflakes, (sorry bicycle!) these decisions in addition to comments from figureheads such as Slootbag mixed in with general community annoyance (to put it lightly) with the class, it paints a clear picture.

What's even more frustrating is the fact that people who don't play prot pala currently seem to love the stupid simplicity of the class which Blizzard will use as a point of success whenever they decide to actually pay attention to any of the prot pala communities complaints.
    Last edited by mmoc3982adc87f; 2016-04-07 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good to see a build fixing our problems...

Out wait, no. We had a slight change to our passive, which will probably be reverted next patch.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    On the note of not playing paladin any more, somebody else is going to have to write the guide in Legion, because I've officially retired and likely won't be playing the expansion nor any future iteration of WoW in any capacity, and definitely won't be raiding.

Not going to make the thread about me but anyone that feels like they want details as to why is free to PM me - just thought I'd give people a heads-up since it took a good 6 months to settle on a new guide-writer last time.

Been a pleasure, lads.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2016-04-07 at 10:17 PM.

Yeah, I've also made the interguild transition to rogue official now. I'll contribute as much of what I can to protection paladins in this alpha/beta, but I've lost the fire to play one.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    On the note of not playing paladin any more, somebody else is going to have to write the guide in Legion, because I've officially retired and likely won't be playing the expansion nor any future iteration of WoW in any capacity, and definitely won't be raiding.

Not going to make the thread about me but anyone that feels like they want details as to why is free to PM me - just thought I'd give people a heads-up since it took a good 6 months to settle on a new guide-writer last time.

Been a pleasure, lads.
    Assuming i don't quit wow b4 then i'll prob do guides.
    But as a casual pleb who doesn't raid i might quit too :/