Quote Originally Posted by Adunai View Post
    a initial dropoff after launch (which happens at every expansion btw)

Except for TBC. And WotLK. And even Cata.
    Wrath and cata both did.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You ignored the part where it didn't lose subs. How convinient. Must be nice to see only what you want to see.
    But you are ignoring the part were only US subs count. Must be nice to count only what you want to count are relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by deathgrip1092 View Post
    My biggest confusion out of all this is there are people who first complain about content droughts at the end of expansions are too long, and then also demand servers who's entire purpose is to never get new content.
    Because they would gladly give up having new content for things like..."immersion".

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I found out about Nos, thought "could be fun to try" but decided against it KNOWING it'd probably be shutdown. I'll stick to Blizzard's game where they mean for it to be.
    There are way bigger servers than Nost, and they are doing fine. So much with your "knowledge".
    The Sin'dorei reign supreme! © Grand Astromancer Capernian

you know what?

im sick of this!

I DEMAND BLIZZARD GIVES ME A PATCH 2.2 SERVER TO PLAY ON!

2.2 IS THE BESTEST PATCH EVER!

i will accept patch 1.7.0 as a sub for 2.2 if i cant get that.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE

/s

(2.2 was the best patch evur though). if you dont agree with me, you are wrong.

a initial dropoff after launch (which happens at every expansion btw)

Except for TBC. And WotLK. And even Cata.
    Fine. There was no dropoff in TBC and Warth but there was in Cata. Still doesn't counter the fact that MoP didn't lose subs after the launch dropoff.

Contrary to "popular" belief not everyone hated kungfupandaland. Those are in the minority actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Ah... so you have anecdotal "evidence", well I counter that with nothing as is apt.

That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

More anecdotal evidence. But this time it CAN be proven wrong. MoP had a steady playerbase after a initial dropoff after launch (which happens at every expansion btw). It even gained subs at 5.4.
    Look at the bigger picture. Wow is dismantling itself. Numbers are falling every day. Look around you and you can see it happening

Those servers would be FULL of new content, WTF are you even talking about? Do I need to remind you the number of dungeons and raids in TBC at launch? LoL.
    So explain how those dungeons and raids I've run dozens (if not hundreds) of times will suddenly be new to me on one of these theoretical official legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Blizzard has clearly inflated numbers. Banned accounts with game time, game time cards, Free month accounts, you name it. Secondly, China holds 51% of the sub base in WoW. Not wrong.
    And 800k accounts created on Nos all stayed and stuck, amirite?

And China holding 51% of the sub base doesn't face me, not sure why it faces you people. WoW made 800 million dollars on a bad year, that's all I need to hear really.

Those servers would be FULL of new content, WTF are you even talking about? Do I need to remind you the number of dungeons and raids in TBC at launch? LoL.
    Yeah.... no. Not new Content. Old Content. Content we already had for many years. With nothing new. A classic only Server pretty much will be stuck at 1.9

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heresy View Post
    Starting from Windows NT 3.1 they have been using the same NT kernel. So it is actually just a new iteration of the same software since then.
    Windows NT is a Architecture following a conceptual design of layers. It doesn't mean that the core of windows 3.1 is the same of windows 10. They just follow the same architectural design.

But even so, they are trademarked as different software. That's not happening in WoW. World of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor are the same legally.

There are way bigger servers than Nost, and they are doing fine. So much with your "knowledge".
    I knew Nos would probably be shutdown, it was shutdown. So yeah, so much for your point biting the dust?

10+ Year Old Account
    How would dungeons and raids that have been around for 8 years be new? Hell, you can still run all of those dungeons and raids now on retail, except for original Naxx.

It's not a Blizzard product if it's not, you know, the game they're holding the reins for...

I found out about Nos, thought "could be fun to try" but decided against it KNOWING it'd probably be shutdown. I'll stick to Blizzard's game where they mean for it to be.
    If it's not a Blizzard product, then how can they feel the need to shutdown Nos? I mean it's generic Diet Cola, not Coca Cola right? So are we considering it the same product or different products, can't have it both ways.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galluccio View Post
    This is a MASSIVE win for the wow community. It's about time something like this got done.
    Hmmm not sure about that. Think about who plays private servers. It's mostly massive world of warcraft fans who probably preferred the way things were. Blizzard has just come along and pissed them off and probably ensured a lot of them wont ever resub again(hence all the anger).

Instead of shutting it down and pissing off a lot of people they should of just made their game far far superior so that people wont want to play the servers.

...How is it NEW content? Here I thought people praise Classic and TBC for providing OLD content, OLD feel and OLD mechanics...those dungeons and raids have been in the game for years and those who saw them back when they were current are not likely to have forgotten them...

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    Look at the bigger picture. Wow is dismantling itself. Numbers are falling every day. Look around you and you can see it happening
    They would fall no matter what, it's an old game. The only thing they can do at this point is reduce the rate of decline.

I really have no interest for these childish conspiracy theories.

And 800k accounts created on Nos all stayed and stuck, amirite?

And China holding 51% of the sub base doesn't face me, not sure why it faces you people. WoW made 800 million dollars on a bad year, that's all I need to hear really.
    That's a strawman. Nice to know you stick to logical fallacies so I know to distance myself from anything you could possibly say.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraStarfury View Post
    Hmmm not sure about that. Think about who plays private servers. It's mostly massive world of warcraft fans who probably preferred the way things were. Blizzard has just come along and pissed them off and probably ensured a lot of them wont ever resub again(hence all the anger).

Instead of shutting it down and pissing off a lot of people they should of just made their game far far superior so that people wont want to play the servers.
    Some people will NEVER prefer the present, the game shouldn't be made with them in mind.
    Plenty of massive WoW fans loyal to the real game out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    Yes, WoW has declined over the years. It isn't "dismantling" itself, though, and classic servers is no guarantee of anything.