Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Something like this just makes you angry, right? So angry you want to go post on a different forum that allows this discussion.

Or maybe you want to go start a blog so that the 10s of 1000s of players who have just been screwed can unite with you in fury and wrath. Together you can show the world your power.
    Sure.

http://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    They can actually ban you for any reason they feel, even if they thought you had a funny face. But would they? Nah
    They wouldn't because banning people over stupid/non provable shit could hurt their legal standing.

After all, when you sign up for a sub, you are entering a business contract.
    While they state that they can terminate that at a moments notice, it's also the unwritten agreement that they do not do so w/o a proper cause.

having banned people essentially "for lulz" while theoretically applicable according to the ToS would make them look like an untrustworthy contract partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Then take a high ground, show people you're worth listening to, why sink to shitposting? Yeah sure theres bias I wont disagree with that, its the conduct of this which is annoying.
    One man's "shitpost" is another man's truth, depending on who agrees with who's sentiment.

I've been frequenting and talking (seriously and goofing off, passionately and objectively) on forums for 20 years, I think I can manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    THEY themselves stated that they don't.
    Blizzard has never said that.

And I am inclined to believe them. You move forward.

You eventually improve code and discard the old stuff once you know the improvement works reliably.
    That's not how companies, who develop software/games work. Every single Company is going to make (multiple) backups of their software, especially big companies like Blizzard.
    Ofc they still have the old code. The assumption that they simply do not have it anymore is tbh... laughable.

Tech changes. Server side probably much more so than consumer side.
    Well, ofc simply starting Up their wow vanilla server program won't just work out of the box. They would have to update some things, like their Support Tools, intergration to battle.net etc., but this isn't really hard or expensive to do.

I don't think it's beacuse of the code, that Blizzard is not making legacy Servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    They can actually ban you for any reason they feel, even if they thought you had a funny face. But would they? Nah, no reason you only hurt a paying customer, it would be the same as locking up an addict and not a dealer.
    It actually says in the EULA that they can terminate the agreement for any reason or no reason(of course blizzard wouldn't actually ban for no reason). and upon termination of the agreement all games you have purchased are forfeit with no refund.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnclosedOne View Post
    This gave both me and hubby a good laugh
    Sounds vaguely familiar... isn't that Arthas' speech from Stratholme in Warcaft III where he decided to purge the city full of "sleeper zombies" that didn't turn yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    It not stealing, it's robin hood
    This isn't providing essentials for the poor and in need though, it's providing bootleg service to people with hundreds of options when it comes to entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I am. They have been completely transparent about the sums they had and where it was invested. It was public, basically. As for the hardware, once again, it was public. It did not go through a personal account and would be used directly toward the servers. At this point, there's no reason to believe it was a lie.
    So what's the official story you guys are going for, once and for all:

1. there's enough demand for paid legacy servers
    2. the private server didn't receive enough donations (disproving #1)

You can't have the cake and eat it too. Pick a position and stick with it.

Sounds vaguely familiar... isn't that Arthas' speech from Stratholme in Warcaft III where he decided to purge the city full of "sleeper zombies" that didn't turn yet?
    Yes it is lol
    We cannot go back. That's why it's hard to choose. You have to make the right choice. As long as you don't choose, everything remains possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Blizzard has never said that.
    THEY HAVE.
    Yap all you want against it it won't change the facts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom4u2 View Post
    I am. They have been completely transparent about the sums they had and where it was invested. It was public, basically. As for the hardware, once again, it was public. It did not go through a personal account and would be used directly toward the servers. At this point, there's no reason to believe it was a lie.
    You know what they told you... For what we know the John there in the corner could've donated 1000€ and we wouldn't know anything.

Don't be naive... They were all adults, they all had their lives (they said it several times)... No adult (unless if he is rich, but in that case, why ask for money) would spend countless man hour per week with life responsibilities knocking of the door and possibly family without getting anything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    You realize they could just ask the Nostalrius dev team for their code, in fact it's even open source now. But really do people think Blizzard doesn't store their old code for each patch? Come on now, they do.
    Uh, Nostalrius has integration with battle.net? How about GM tickets with battle.net? No? Neither? Case in point and I even covered those examples in my post! Again, this is either being clueless or ignorant to the issues. Blizzard would not release something like that half baked with the integration, content/WoD jokes aside, you wouldn't use the current ticketing system or friend's list system just because people want something up and running now.

Again, why would you waste development time on getting something to work rather than improving the current gen of the game? Last I checked this server didn't even hit an active player-base of 150k why would you want to make a place for maybe even 300k players when you could put more effort into your current game and potentially get your numbers back up to 10mil where they were at the start of WoD before people realized their was no content and garrisons were bad. You can't argue the number of players here, 300k~ at it's peak for vanilla server vs. 10mil at it's peak for WoD (right at the start before it basically halved).

Also, if you think they would run the server for free so that you could argue that more people might play it you're insane.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    That's actually funny but it's their house, their rules.
    Now here is the problem. Original WoW was different game, a game that people bought to play but this game is not available anymore except if it's offered "illegal" way. But then again, everything created in modern world is going to have an owner for unlimited amount of time. Now apply that rule for every possible thing from the history and you would get a mess. Imagine soccer/football being owned by corporation and they first attract millions of people, then they change rules to the game and people don't agree with it and this means people are NOT allowed to play by the old rules and they are NOT allowed to create similar game because of copyright.
    Things go too far. If something like this would happen with the any sport, people and other countries would nationalize it and claim it for themselves which means they would split the community on those who like new rules and those who dislike them and nothing can stop this.

Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Actually, Blizzard can revoke/ban anyone access they choose (Also, without any reason) that plays on an *official* Wow server. The servers are their property.
    That's not the Point of My comment...............

Ofc they can ban anyone who they want, but they just can't simply know who is/was playing on this private server. Also they don't care...

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    When thieves get shafted, I don't have a problem with that.
    Went to the store in 2004, picked my self up a copy of Wow original gangster addition...
    Played wow, got the expacs, was fun
    Then, a dragon came through and said here's new not original gangster wow
    New was cool I liked new!
    But then...I realised...I payed for original gangster wow and they gave me something else.
    Can no longer play original gangster wow cuzz update...
    soon realized update boring...
    forced me to turn in my classic for revamp...
    I payed for classic...and then they changed what I payed for without asking...didnt even have to buy cata for revamp to take effect...
    Not even a bad expansion thing, they took out content I payed for and a lot of it at that and replaced it with something after I had already purchased it...
    Private server, gives me back what I payed for after bliz took away what I payed for....
    TL;DR not a thief...just trying to play something they took from me without asking...kinda like thievery

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoBoom View Post
    It not stealing, it's robin hood
    Take from the rich and give to the poor in ways of either money or those unfortunate enough to not play the game pre-cata.
    A good book is a good book no matter how many times you read it, the same applies to games.
    They should make legitimate servers just to get rid of their old fanbase boycotting the live servers, the community is well divided because of both lack of stuff to do ingame and accessibility tools.
    Robin hood was still a thief :P no matter how you dress it up lol morality and legality ain't the same thing I'm afraid.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    Robin hood was still a thief :P no matter how you dress it up lol morality and legality ain't the same thing I'm afraid.
    Though they do tend to go hand in hand.

Unlike Robin Hood, this is one of those times.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

THEY HAVE.
    Yap all you want against it it won't change the facts.
    I just don't get People like you... If you don't have any clue how software Engineering companies or companies in general work, why are you then pretending that you have any idea? It just make you sound like a complete idiot tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Bleachbean View Post
    I payed for classic...and then they changed what I payed for without asking
    Well there's your mistake: you clicked agree on the ToS without reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    They probably would have been OK if they didn't start using Micro-transactions which more than likely caught the attention of Blizzard. If you watch Preachers videos he said he noticed many people have started going to private servers and also was getting told that the people running said private servers were charging for things.

Again, would have probably been under the raider if they didn't try and pocket money for something that isn't theirs. Really have no sympathy for it.
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."