The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'm really looking forward to the Keystone system. Whilst I did CM's (especially in MoP), the time restraints weren't all that demanding once you learned all the tricks and had done the runs a few times. Gonna be fun to tackle new mechanics with each keystone level!
    CMs were basically just "speedrun mode." And we all know how people speedrun.

That was the whole reason Blizz had to force kill minimums on groups.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The donations went to their hosting company...

I'm not sure where you're getting this *they had money problems* from.
    The donation button im speaking of, was before that... Was before they asked for money for the server upgrade (those 360€ per month). I don't know where the money went because i never clicked on that button, but they had a big Donate button on the site.

As for the money problems, they posted on the forums that they couldn't get the 360€ per month for the server upgrade, but they had the current server paid until mid summer.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Hate to break it to you, but "everyone else is doing it" isn't a real excuse.
    Usually if your excuse is "everyone is doing it," that means it's something no one should be doing.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The donations went to their hosting company...

I'm not sure where you're getting this *they had money problems* from.
    Lack of donations vs capacity, internet is a great place for information, you should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itzatez View Post
    The problem is not with your side of the game (despite that the law you mentioned its a US law, other countries might have it differently)... The problem is with the server side of the game that interacts with your side of the game. Thats the part and the process that was shut down by blizzard.
    Yea but like I said so long as nost uses different code, which as far as I know bliz doesn't have their stuff out there for the taking...Then by U.S copyright law nothing should be wrong..The server had bugs (that were fixed) no wow veteran had ever seen before, because the server was using different code no wow veteran had ever seen before. and either way I was arguing the point that people who owned a copy of wow weren't thieves...we had every right to enjoy the free server so all the bliz supportes who don't get it and who are saying us thieves deserve to not enjoy this awesome game anymore are just complete idiots...it literally doesn't effect them in any way so why bother make stupid comments about it...It's the internet I know, a beautiful thing that allows us to connect to friends and play some vanilla wow. Not anymore though, least until some one starts the nost server back up...could happen i'll keep hoping!
    Last edited by Bleachbean; 2016-04-08 at 02:58 AM.

I don't think the keystones are replacing mythic dungeons, they're a change to Challenge Mode access and attunement.
    And basically it goes that normal = leveling version, Heroic = max level gearing for raids, Mythic = gearing catch-up and valor for upgrades but still dungeons requiring 5 people, not 20. Challenge modes have been timed for unique rewards and better gear. Legion changes it to be timed + new mechanics. With all the options offered, they wouldn't have a reason to nerf Challenge Modes.

And I don't remember those Heroics in Cata being hard. They took CC which isn't hard if you're even remotely coordinated. I felt sorry for healers in pugs though.

You keep saying everything isn't hard. The fact is, those heroics were heavily nerfed one month into the expansion. Why do this, if they were not hard? There's no difference between TBC and early cata heroics and what they are now? They're all just not hard? As I said before, the last 5 years of WoW's history suggests this is exactly the sort of thing that will not survive long. If there's something people want there, they'll nerf. The only exception might be raiding where they keep adding difficulty levels, but the highest version gets harder. Only example I can think of that doesn't get nerfed by or shortly after release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleachbean View Post
    Yea but like I said so long as nost uses different code, which as far as I know bliz doesn't have their stuff out their for the taking...Then by U.S copyright law nothing should be wrong..The server had bugs (that were fixed) no wow veteran had ever seen before, because the server was using different code no wow veteran had ever seen before. and either way I was arguing the point that people who owned a copy of wow weren't thieves...we had every right to enjoy the free server so all the bliz supportes who don't get it and who are saying us thieves deserve to not enjoy this awesome game anymore are just complete idiots...it literally doesn't effect them in any way so why bother make stupid comments about it...It's the internet I know, a beautiful thing that allows us to connect to friends and play some vanilla wow. Not anymore though, least until some one starts the nost server back up...could happen i'll keep hoping!
    Thats a very simplistic view, both from the trademark laws and from a technical point of view. As for trademark i know nothing, just the common sense. As for technical, you can't separate the "this is what i bought" and "this is what the Nostalrius Devs created". Everything that the Nostalrius devs created is copying or reverse engineering what Blizzard did and protected. That alone is illegal. Plus, for the server to work with the client, it had to interact with everything Blizzard did on the client side, which, again, its illegal. Not to mention the development Blizzard did on client-server-client communication technology that was being used by Nostalrius, which again... its illegal.

Tell me were am i lying?!

Because there was a post on the forums asking for people to pay the server upgrade (which was about 360€ per month). They asked for people to pay directly to the hosting company.

Inform yourself before insulting others!

Plus, i'm not on any side. I'm a retail player and i was playing Nostalrius at least until Legion. But i understand why Blizzard did, it was no shock and i'm aware of the reality of the vanilla wow. I loved it, i loved the experience, but it was a major pain in the ass.
    They were shut down by Blizzard. You keep stating they had money problems and that was the issue. That is not shown on the forum post where people could pay the server costs directly. That is not what was stated by Nostralius team in their AMA. If you have any evidence that was the case then please show it, otherwise its obfuscation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marakesh View Post
    You keep saying everything isn't hard. The fact is, those heroics were heavily nerfed one month into the expansion. Why do this, if they were not hard? There's no difference between TBC and early cata heroics and what they are now? They're all just not hard? As I said before, the last 5 years of WoW's history suggests this is exactly the sort of thing that will not survive long. If there's something people want there, they'll nerf. The only exception might be raiding where they keep adding difficulty levels, but the highest version gets harder. Only example I can think of that doesn't get nerfed by or shortly after release.
    I'm not saying everything isn't hard...I'm saying there's different difficulties for different people, and that's a good thing in my book. Keystones are looking very promising and I doubt they'll get nerfs since they're aimed at people wanting to tackle them and no one else.

New difficulty settings and different rewards = the way we get content that's NOT at risk of getting nerfed.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-08 at 03:03 AM.

Deleted
    They were shut down by Blizzard. You keep stating they had money problems and that was the issue. That is not shown on the forum post where people could pay the server costs directly. That is not what was stated by Nostralius team in their AMA. If you have any evidence that was the case then please show it, otherwise its obfuscation.
    Please tell me where did i said they had money issues...

I just said that they couldn't find people to pay the 360€/month for the upgrade... And that could mean that people are there because its free and are not whiling to pay for the game.

First you insult me, now you put words on my mouth... Keep going! You are doing great!

Because people cry that it isn't hard enough, suddenly everything is too hard.

Please tell me where did i said they had money issues...

I just said that they couldn't find people to pay the 360€/month for the upgrade... And that could mean that people are there because its free and are not whiling to pay for the game.

First you insult me, now you put words on my mouth... Keep going! You are doing great!
    Might as well call it a money issue if they are askng for donations so they can keep running and then fail at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Because people cry that it isn't hard enough, suddenly everything is too hard.
    Which shows why Blizzard shouldn't listen to the people crying "there's no challenge!", since clearly those people aren't really in search of challenge...they just have the need to proclaim the period in which they excelled and felt accomplished as the one taking TRUE skill with no regards to who content is aimed at and how players have evolved and content with them...

Blizzard listening to people wanting the CHOICE for challenge through other channels than raiding however, that's a good thing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Blizzard shuts down live Servers unannounced for extended all day maintenance, 6 pages bat an eye.

Blizzard shuts down private Vanilla Server PERMANENTLY, 254 pages {so far} lose their mind.
    Fixed it for you. <.<

Yea but like I said so long as nost uses different code, which as far as I know bliz doesn't have their stuff out there for the taking...Then by U.S copyright law nothing should be wrong..The server had bugs (that were fixed) no wow veteran had ever seen before, because the server was using different code no wow veteran had ever seen before. and either way I was arguing the point that people who owned a copy of wow weren't thieves...we had every right to enjoy the free server so all the bliz supportes who don't get it and who are saying us thieves deserve to not enjoy this awesome game anymore are just complete idiots...it literally doesn't effect them in any way so why bother make stupid comments about it...It's the internet I know, a beautiful thing that allows us to connect to friends and play some vanilla wow. Not anymore though, least until some one starts the nost server back up...could happen i'll keep hoping!
    So were you really playing vanilla wow or a close approximation?

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Blizzard shuts down live Servers unannounced for extended all day maintenance, 6 pages bat an eye.

Blizzard shuts down private Vanilla Server, 254 pages {so far} lose their mind.
    Because there are ppl for it and ppl not for it. And its kind of new while scheduled maintenance has happened for a decade.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Might as well call it a money issue if they are askng for donations so they can keep running and then fail at it.
    They were able to run it, but the PVP server was WAY over the limits with 12-15k players. So they wanted to upgrade the rented hardware. And so they asked in the forums for the players to support the costs (360€/month), but the donation had to be in full (360€) which means that players would've to organize themselves and raise the money monthly. It was a weird move, and eventually failed.

You would make a bad lawyer...I would suggest running for an office or something in government.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps, to the players of that time. But I dare bet you they'd need some tuning to add a challenge on par with what's on offer in raiding, for example...
    Same as Ragnaros in MC was a beast to the players of that time with the tools they had on offer, but then years later they had to give us what they did with Heroic Rag for it to pose a challenge...
    the numbers on tbc heroics were brutal, as far as mob damage done. if party VERY overgeared with a pally tank and no mistakes or pulling aggro, yes they were not hard.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

They were able to run it, but the PVP server was WAY over the limits with 12-15k players. So they wanted to upgrade the rented hardware. And so they asked in the forums for the players to support the costs (360€/month), but the donation had to be in full (360€) which means that players would've to organize themselves and raise the money monthly. It was a weird move, and eventually failed.
    Yea cause its a money issue and trust issue...All they had to do was ask for donations to go to a Paypal account that could then Xfer all the money for the cost of the hardware.
    There just wasn't enough ppl that wanted to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    the numbers on tbc heroics were brutal, as far as mob damage done. if party VERY overgeared with a pally tank and no mistakes or pulling aggro, yes they were not hard.
    Oh I don't doubt it, as I said, they were hard for the players of the time.