Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshtildeath View Post
    Overestimate? We have never seen a ps server this large. Not even ED came close lol. Im on the fence right now personally, I think it could come back to bite them in the ass.
    Big for a private server. Not big compared to the general Warcraft community.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Also, no idea where you got that 150k number
    Nos said they had 150k active users out of the 800k registered accounts. Don't know how much of it is true, but since it was f2p, it wasn't doing that well, not as well as people are saying it was... fact they only had 150k out of 800k active says a little on how awesome it is.

I played on the Nost PS. I have a sub to WoW (Which honestly, the hostility of the people on Nost toward Blizz and WoW, I doubt very many of them had active subs).

I am not logging into Nost anymore, I am retaining my sub to WoW. People are angry at Blizzard enforcing the law. I don't understand these people. Get over it, another PS will pop up, soon enough. They never last very long, especially when they except money from their patrons.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Weren't Nost guys saying that they were going to shut down anyway, cuz they had no money to pay for hardware/servers. If they shut it down themselves, who would people blame then?

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's like me going to Walmart and shoplifting, getting caught and getting angry and boycotting Walmart. It's fucking ridiculous and we're all on the outside watching this train wreck and laughing at you people.
    But that's not really a fair comparison.

Nostalrius wasn't like private servers of old. Nostalrius wasn't played because it was free at all. It was played because there was no other way to play it.

Comparing it to shoplifting is ignorant. It's much closer related to the prohibition of the USA. Alcohol was made illegal and yet many still wanted it. Vanilla WoW suffers the same fate. You can't get it unless someone does something illegal to do it. Nostalrius is a rebellion, not a group of pirates. Blizzard and outsiders just want to label them as that.

If Blizzard had vanilla servers, Nostalrius would have NEVER gotten anywhere near the amount of population. In fact, it wouldn't have even been started. Blizzard has stepped on WoW's population and spat at the idea of vanilla saying, "It's bug ridden" "It's just nostalgia" "You think you want it, but you don't". Nostalrius was the reply.

Deleted
    Thieves? Nostalrius Devs made no money from what they were doing. It was a game blizzard no longer supports and was within fair use rights. You are one, salty little boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Freshtildeath View Post
    A lot of fanboy in here
    People quit Blizz over a character pose in a game they never played yet. You underestimate how willing people are to be butthurt over things they aren't even a apart of.
    150k pissed off people is a lot considering the probable current state of WoW if they had any plans on returning or getting their friends to as well
    A bunch of forum going crybabies getting mad over an ass pose quitting a game is about the same level of importance as a bunch of no money paying freeloading dipshits continuing to no longer pay for things. Aka none.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Nope.

It's just another private server put in the bin, same practice Blizzard has and always will keep up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    Nos said they had 150k active users out of the 800k registered accounts. Don't know how much of it is true, but since it was f2p, it wasn't doing that well, not as well as people are saying it was... fact they only had 150k out of 800k active says a little on how awesome it is.
    Where did they say that? They said they had 130 active *accounts* not users.
    http://i.imgur.com/jxtOQlu.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleOSP View Post
    But that's not really a fair comparison.

Nostalrius wasn't like private servers of old. Nostalrius wasn't played because it was free at all. It was played because there was no other way to play it.

Comparing it to shoplifting is ignorant. It's much closer related to the prohibition of the USA. Alcohol was made illegal and yet many still wanted it. Vanilla WoW suffers the same fate. You can't get it unless someone does something illegal to do it. Nostalrius is a rebellion, not a group of pirates. Blizzard and outsiders just want to label them as that.

If Blizzard had vanilla servers, Nostalrius would have NEVER gotten anywhere near the amount of population. In fact, it wouldn't have even been started. Blizzard has stepped on WoW's population and spat at the idea of vanilla saying, "It's bug ridden" "It's just nostalgia" "You think you want it, but you don't". Nostalrius was the reply.
    There definitely were many people who played on it cuz of this very reason, that's quite naive to think otherwise.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-08 at 05:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Protecting their IP... all them whiny free loading cunts can go to hell. Majority of them wouldn't be subscribers to begin with so it'd be no loss on Blizz's end.

They've shut down many Private Servers in the past, this won't be any different. These idiots shouldn't known the likelihood of this happening... and I honestly laugh at all that wasted time spent there going down the drain.

But who knows, maybe this might give Blizz an incentive of acknowleding a legitimate want of a legacy server... but there's the issue of those wanting Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, etc. and it isn't exactly in Blizz's interest to be running different clients and servers to maintain.
    YOu make me fucking sick. Who is free loading? People playing a version of the game that is no longer accessible?? How is someone an idiot for preferring vanilla to the mess that is current wow? You should be banned for being such a toxic waste of life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Protecting their IP... all them whiny free loading cunts can go to hell. Majority of them wouldn't be subscribers to begin with so it'd be no loss on Blizz's end.
    Was something like that I was thinking
    Everyone who used that server knew that it wasn't ok, as they signed the contract when installing the game. Try to go to a restaurant, order food and eat it, then refuse to pay anything because you didn't like it...
    Whining freeloaders is what comes to mind..
    If it is because those players want a classic server then they should continue working towards that goal, the right way, and not by playing some illegal server and trash blizzard for shutting it down. Don't act as spoiled kids..

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So wheres the massively popular WoD realm?
    It's quite difficult to keep up w/ retail, when it comes to private servers' development. Back in the day, when I was contributing code to MaNGOS (it's like a granddad for all private servers, you got trinity afterwards and few others forked out of it), Vanilla was working more or less fine, TBC was worse, cuz many mechanics didn't work, and WotLK was utter shit, although WotLK was out for quite some time.

Thing is, you have to implement or at least try to emulate many things on the server side to make whole thing run, at the very beginning of private server dev cycle for any expansion, it's just a mess, an empty shell.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-04-08 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherHansen View Post
    YOu make me fucking sick. Who is free loading? People playing a version of the game that is no longer accessible?? How is someone an idiot for preferring vanilla to the mess that is current wow? You should be banned for being such a toxic waste of life.
    Oh please, the vast majority of private servers of any given game exist so people don't have to pay and/or play with high xp/drop rates... this server is no different.

Believe whatever you want, I don't really care in the end... but I am laughing at all you QQ'ers though.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post
    Compare it to retail, they had 10 millions just recently. How many are active now? 3? (as in 3 players)
    Over the course of 10 years, not over the course of 1 year.

steady climb from vanilla to wrath up to 10-12 million.
    in 1 year 800k registered to 150k 'active' not all at once.

I can't tell you how every server is, but my server is packed every day. (non-connected high pop) also.

I believe they will simply due to the absolutely massive outpouring of support we've seen, if they're willing to freak out over Tracers arse, theres a good chance they'll try to salvage or address a large community.

However it probably wont be the statement any of us want, it wont have any kind of respect, it will literally be another post that claims they want to continue moving forward (whilst still ironically looking back).

If they at least acknowledge the community or the need for this service that would be enough, even if they say they dont want to do it, thats fine, but at least dont lie to us.
    They've acknowledged that it isn't worth the time and money investing in the service. People keep throwing the 150k number around like it means anything while conveniently forgetting it's 150k people playing the game for FREE. The second these guys have to actually pay for it, the second that number drops and the longer they have to pay for never evolving content the more that number DROPS. It doesn't matter if every single one of those people sign up and they get 15 dollars out of each one of them, what matters is how long they're going to keep getting those 15 dollars for. It isn't worth the time or the money to do it, otherwise if it was they would of done it already.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't even have to make a statement. I think they should just go, "Well, it was our right".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Weren't Nost guys saying that they were going to shut down anyway, cuz they had no money to pay for hardware/servers. If they shut it down themselves, who would people blame then?
    That's the funny thing.

Even with a dedicated base behind them they coudln't foot the bill for the servers.

Blizzard just put the bullet in a limping horse.

This is the great irony of the situation-they fell to the very reason Blizzard said putting up Vanilla servers wasn't a viable thing: Because there was no money in it.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Where did they say that? They said they had 130 active *accounts* not users.
    http://i.imgur.com/jxtOQlu.jpg
    At this point who knows where I seen it, but active account/users whatever. If anything the numbers were off in their favor, but still low, and still full of freeloaders.

So wheres the massively popular WoD realm?
    From what I heard fromsomeone in the Know, the most stable they can get to Is Cataclysm. After that, Mists of Pandaria's Phasing is too much to deal with.