Quote Originally Posted by Bleachbean View Post
    But you have the right to sell that movie ticket, and use it how you please. You exchanged money for a ticket...you exchanged the ticket...for the one time viewing...you can also buy the movie itself...and now you, yourself have viewing rights as many times as you want, but you can sell the movie so long as you legally purchased it from a legal distributor and you can even make copies of it as long as they are for your personal back ups alone...Soon as you give it to people who did not buy it there is a huge problem...I think this is where nostalrius went wrong honestly because they provided a torrent for the game... I payed for access to the server but I purchased the game, the game requires a server in order to play it and if I don't pay the subscription cost, I can still launch the game, but I'm denied access from blizzard server's when I log in...This is why I can connect to nostalrius...I'm not denied access because they don't charge to connect to their servers...I own the game, I didn't make copies...I'm not a thief and getting shafted sucks because of that fact, why can't you just show us nos players who lost all our hard work some support...it can't hurt you! and wed seriously appreciate it!
    You can sell the ticket, you can only watch the movie once with it though. So if i watch the movie sure I own the ticket, but if I sell it that doesnt mean somebody else can go watch it. You bought the disc your game came on and access to the game nothing more. Your disconnect here is you think you own the game and you don't, you never did. You just didn't understand what you bought or that all the money you spent was not for ever lasting access.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    No, you stole my physical car I own and use and claimed ownership of it. I now can't use it.

A more appropriate analogy would be that you take a magical cloning ray and make an exact duplicate of my car. I might be more than a bit resentful and butthurt that I'd gone out and bought the car, paid it off and you've just come along and made an exact duplicate, but I've still got my car. I can drive to work.

Sure the automotive industry might collapse overnight if everyone just starts using magical cloning rays on their neighbors cars to get free cars, but it's a separate problem. It's not stealing. If I get a magical cloning ray, head up to a Billionaire's mansion and take a copy of his Bugatti Chiron, Bugatti can't say I stole a Chiron. I made a copy and there's no way my pov-arse could have afforded one anyway. That's not a lost sale.

Stealing is the wrong word. Piracy, intellectual property violation etc aren't actually "right", but it's not stealing. That's way too emotive.
    Time to get hardcore.

I stole some of your DNA when I slipped you a ruffie. I cloned you and now make your clone do things that are both inappropiate and humiliating. In front of your family.

Thanks for the free slave.

Please don't make me argue semantics again. I need a shower after posting that.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    My rebellious "tween" approach is a result of your self-righteous pseudo-intellectual approach. Quit speaking for Blizzard and start using your brain.

I assume this has been put here but:
    I'm actually surprised he made an 8 minute video that basically just says "This means players want to go back to the old world." Completely missing the point, we can't.

Now I'm going to suddenly flip flop here and pretend I was a player on Nost. I'd be playing for one purpose, and no it's not this "sense of community" emotional argument that keeps floating around.

Because Pre-Cata Old World is gone. And it's NEVER coming back. No matter how many times we complain about the smoking crater that used to be the hub of Alliance RP, the Park will never be coming back. Edwin VanCleef will never be coming back. The old Wailing Caverns maze will never be coming back. Fighting off an army of Black Dragons in Stormwind Keep will never be coming back. Opening the AQ gates will never be coming back. The Corrupted Ashbringer, and all it's crazy lore bits, will never be coming back.

And I think most people playing there would say wanting to experience pre-Cata Azeroth either again or for the first time is a big part of why they played.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    Yes, I actually do feel superior and I'm enjoying their tears.
    After 1+ year of them spamming this forum with their advertising threads and attacking anyone playing or defending retail WoW, doing their best to stir up shit here, trying to get more players to their little illegal server (even though it's pretty clear in the MMOC rules you're not allowed to discuss private servers here) - they kept on coming, shitpost after shitpost.

I have no sympathy left for anyone affiliated with that community, it was shitty as hell.

The entire operation was based on copyright infringement, I'm glad Blizzard killed their high horses. I'm enjoying every single minute of this.
    You are pathetic. I have been on the forums long enough to know that you full of shit. I have never seen anyone "advertise" or sit and talk shit about retail over a private server. Definitely not in the numbers high enough for you to pretend like its some kind of common occurrence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velnora View Post
    Theft isn't determined if you are negatively affected by it. The act in itself defines what it is.
    The act of theft is taking something away from someone that they no longer have. You stop me in the mall trying to sign my up for charity credit card donations? You've stolen my time. You hack my wifi? You've stolen my bandwidth and data cap. You steal my car? I no longer have my car. You steal my idea and build a for-profit venture out of it and make money? You've taken my ability to profit off my idea. They're all theft.

Intellectual property violation isn't always (in fact almost never is) stealing.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Thats not answering the question.

What are you actually stealing by playing on a PServer?
    Stop it. It's a copyright infringement. It's a trademark violation. In both cases - illegal.
    Splitting hairs about some stupid semantic doesn't make it any different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not answering the question.

What are you actually stealing by playing on a PServer?
    Do I really need to explain that to you? Seems you shouldn't be allowed in public without a legal guardian if that's the case.

And to answer my own question, no I don't. By all means, continue to be a sociopath.

Deleted
    You are pathetic. I have been on the forums long enough to know that you full of shit. I have never seen anyone "advertise" or sit and talk shit about retail over a private server.
    lol - do a search for "private server" in this forum - you'll find 30-40 page threads with people arguing stupid shit. Pserver folks calling retail players for "white knights" and worse.

Get your little pathetic pirate glasses off. We're all on the outside pointing and laughing at how pathetic you people are trying to argue this. It's worse than botters coming here and crying how life is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Nobody was making a living off of it.

I don't see why people who are against Nostralius are being so toxic in this thread and taking every opportunity to mock people who support it, even with their lack of information on the subject, you people are just making assumptions without doing any research, or asking someone who followed it.
    Again the Hosting Company was making a profit off someone's Copyright/Trademark and blah blah. SOMEONE was making money.

Cheap semantics provided by you.

If you do the crime, pay the fine... simple as that. I just don't get how can some people defend stealing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    Time to get hardcore.

I stole some of your DNA when I slipped you a ruffie. I cloned you and now make your clone do things that are both inappropiate and humiliating. In front of your family.

Thanks for the free slave.

Please don't make me argue semantics again. I need a shower after posting that.
    *cracks knuckles* let's do this.

You take my DNA and make a clone of me, that's not theft. That's making a clone of me. The act of theft is when you make the clone do humuliating things in front of my family. You have in that example deprived me of my reputation, harmed my relationship with my family and hurt my image.

If on the other hand you take my DNA and make a Klingers clone because you think Klingers is so awesome you want your own personal Klingers drinking buddy, someone to watch to watch the sportsball with etc, that's not really stealing. That's just wanting your own Klingers because Klingers is pretty awesome.

See? Same act, one causes harm and one doesn't. One is theft.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    <snip>
    There ya go. In words much better than my own http://www.copyhype.com/2013/09/why-...ment-is-theft/
    @Klingers You can read this article too if you want. It does a good job of explaining the intricacies of theft laws and copyright infringement
    Last edited by Thanatoss; 2016-04-08 at 05:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    lol - do a search for "private server" in this forum - you'll find 30-40 page threads with people arguing stupid shit. Pserver folks calling retail players for "white knights" and worse.

Get your little pathetic pirate glasses off. We're all on the outside pointing and laughing at how pathetic you people are trying to argue this. It's worse than botters coming here and crying how life is unfair.
    Make sure you prop up your ass so Blizz can get the dick ALLL the way in. Just how you like it.

infracted
    Last edited by Splenda; 2016-04-08 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
    Is it really pirating, though, if the thing they're playing cannot be obtained through legal means?
    yes it is - in modern world intelectual property and know-how is base of any succesfull buisness - stupid shit like execution of process can be done by army of experienced sub-contractors but the knowledge how to do whole process and succed is a key - no good company can let others to steal and use their internal data.

Deleted
    Make sure you prop up your ass so Blizz can get the dick ALLL the way in. Just how you like it.
    Thanks for proving my point

Have you played or purchased any Blizzard games since 2002?
    Because if you have, you're a hypocrite.

Look up Blizzard vs bnetd.

- - - Updated - - -

What. Are. Blizzard. Losing.
    Their trademark.
    Look up how trademarks work. They *must* defend it.

A sociopath, your calling me a sociopath? After your crusade against something so infantile and meaningless as people having fun in a video game.
    it doesnt matter if people had fun in there - creators of nostalarius commited a deliberate theft and should be swiftly and severly punished for it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    If you do the crime, pay the fine... simple as that. I just don't get how can some people defend stealing?
    its the very primal instinct coming out of many simple minded people - if they steal its ok , if someone steals from them its bad

10+ Year Old Account
    *cracks knuckles* let's do this.

You take my DNA and make a clone of me, that's not theft. That's making a clone of me. The act of theft is when you make the clone do humuliating things in front of my family. You have in that example deprived me of my reputation, harmed my relationship with my family and hurt my image.

If on the other hand you take my DNA and make a Klingers clone because you think Klingers is so awesome you want your own personal Klingers drinking buddy, someone to watch to watch the sportsball with etc, that's not really stealing. That's just wanting your own Klingers because Klingers is pretty awesome.

See? Same act, one causes harm and one doesn't. One is theft.
    Checkmate. Why is it checkmate? How much of the original WoW dev team is left? Also: Stealing is stealing.

I'm not against Nostralius people, it sucks when a private server shuts down and loosing everything you built on that server but it comes with the territory. Suck it up and move on to the next private server. All of this bitching and whining is not going to do anything. Is Blizzard a shit for what they did? yeah you can make that argument... you can make a lot of different arguments, but at the end of they day you should know the fucking risk of playing a private server.

Can we close this now?
    It's pretty much on repeat with random insults
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

You take my DNA and make a clone of me, that's not theft.
    its true its not theft - but its also a crime - cloning of people is as illegal as stealing intelectual property