Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraxcelsior View Post
    Okay, my b*llsh*t alert is going haywire. Everyone either bought that game 11 years ago reading the ToS etc. stating that the game could likely be subject to sudden, considerable change. So then you bought a game that you knew wasn't going to stay the same forever. Or option two, people didn't read the ToS, not Blizz' fault. You bought something that you didn't read End User Agreement or ToS of, one that Blizzard has every right to define as they see fit, since the game is their property, and theirs alone. You don't like it? Then they give you the option of not buying it. After all, you click "I agree", right?
    Subject to change is one thing. That can be something as little as tweaking numbers, introducing new abilities, adding new content. But what Blizzard actually did over the years is remove content. If you want to play the original Naxxramas, Onyxia's Lair or Zul'gurub, they are not there anymore. If you want to play the original Deadmines or Shadowfang Keep, they are not there anymore. If you want to play through the original zones, they are not there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    Blizzard would have less trouble shutting down infringing servers in Russia than any other country on Earth. Dollars = things happen in Russia.

Sure, if you liked a broken game because you played one of the OP specs and exploited all the other broken shit.
    Nope. The adventure continues regardless how upset you may get. <3

Sure, if you liked a broken game because you played one of the OP specs and exploited all the other broken shit.
    Well if they did, then so what?
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-04-08 at 09:02 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Tome View Post
    Mainly legal and illegal talk about their intellectual property and how they appreciate people still liking World of Warcraft to this date, and that they have no current plans of launching a server of their own.
    Well to be fair rather certain they addressed the latter issues a couple times already especially the appreciation part I don't know how much more there is to ask for than the ceo stepping on a stage next to every year and telling an adipose crowd how much they are appreciated. While not the official stance on that matter I am pretty sure there have been occasional "blueposts" or was it tweets surrounding the vanilla server subject.
    Don't see how the first matter requires any form of answering from blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazalak View Post
    Nope. The adventure continues regardless how upset you may get. <3
    Arguing that way is kinda funny considering how many of the players seemingly were participating in that whiny roleplayer drama on those screenshots.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-04-08 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    Arguing that way is kinda funny considering how many of the players seemingly were participating in that whiny roleplayer drama on those screenshots.
    Isn't that what whiny roleplayers do, is roleplay? lol?

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Well if they did, then so what?
    You spend months getting to level 60 in a "role playing" game and then you learn:

"Your role, it turns out, is to be a buff bot."

Or

"Your role, it turns out, is to be a resurrect bot."

Obviously Vanilla was perfect and Blizzard has never improved on the game since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazalak View Post
    Isn't that what whiny roleplayers do, is roleplay? lol?
    Sure I just thought it was somewhat entertaining to state the poster might be upset as some sort burn while the participants on the actual server were drowning in tears and are judging social media tears and salt clearly the ones who were seriously upset.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubaskot View Post
    probably you never heard of irony ...
    No, irony is as foreign to me as punctuation is to you.

You spend months getting to level 60 in a "role playing" game and then you learn:

"Your role, it turns out, is to be a buff bot."

Or

"Your role, it turns out, is to be a resurrect bot."

Obviously Vanilla was perfect and Blizzard has never improved on the game since then.
    Again, so what? Some people might enjoy that. Plus if you saw the breakdown of the classes on that server, Warrior and Rogue was a vast majority. Pretty sure a lot of people just wanted to PvP.

I'm not arguing Vanilla was perfect. I'm arguing people want to play it, despite what you think about it.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    They shut down a pirate server that used their game code without paying for it.

Not sure why people are so butthurt about it, Blizzard should have done it long ago, they should do this to every damn pirate server that are using their code.
    Nostalrius players are mad because Blizzard finally rained in on their "vanilla" parade. All that time spent there, gone. Every other argument is just noise to make themselves seem like the victim.

Deleted
    Nostalrius was becomming to big and an actual threat to blizzard. The server was more populated and active than on actual live severs.

Blizzard had no option. But it is kind of a statement that a private server is more popular than the actual game.

Players on Private Server are Blizzard fanboys, because they don't mind "mindless" grind.

Who is stupid enough to pay $15 with no content for a year?
    Could be them.

Will they still mindlessly support this greedy company?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Glad it's been shut down, shame it didn't happen sooner before it got so many players.
    Sad you have such attitude. I feel sorry for you if other players losing their hobby, which didn't affect you in slightest, is what uplifts you.

Server wasn't hurting anyone, its not like botting. Many players had a lot of fun playing there without causing any harm to anyone. Many players lost game they enjoyed, yet you cheer. Its really pathetic of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    Hopefully a few of its users will start playing the real game and paying towards it.
    I doubt that. Retail is utter crap compared to old game. It is anti-social single player piece of crap that is nether MMO nor RPG. People who play on old servers aren't interested in retail at all, those few who are interested already have accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Players on Private Server are Blizzard fanboys, because they don't mind "mindless" grind.

Who is stupid enough to pay $15 with no content for a year?
    Could be them.

Will they still mindlessly support this greedy company?
    As long as I am entertained, I gladly play for a game that have kept me entertained, and gained me a lot of friends the past decade.

(I do however not have a problem about unsubbing when I am bored of the content, it is only a click with the mouse to resub when I feel like it)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    I do agree with you btw (just in case you think I am arguing the opposite). Just saying that they take action on it when it hurts them. In other words I am refuting the BS argument that this stolen IP never hurt anyone. It is not a victimless crime. If it were Blizzard wouldn't care to try and stop it.
    Right.. sorry, I must have misread the previous comment. Then we are on the same boat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legally speaking, yes private servers are not allowed, should be shut down etc.

But I can't have any bad words for that massive group of people that used masses of their spare time to set up a community of their own in a game that no longer exists. To relive an experience that the current version is unable to offer in any way or shape.

I think it all boils down to many many people believing that the current wow is just inferior to all the older versions of it, and thus would prefer to play the older versions.

The game is better right now, but it feels worse, a lot worse to be honest.

The feeling of a epic giant world to be discovered just is missing, its more exciting to lvl to 10 on a private server then to do something on retail right now.

Deleted
    Wow, so many ppl here are happy because of this what happend. That server was no harm to anyone.
    Only people with miserable lifes are happy when something bad happen to others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    Why? Having private servers is illegal. It's against the law. And if they made money with taht private server, they've broken more than one law.

Quote Originally Posted by Crruor View Post
    I think it all boils down to many many people believing that the current wow is just inferior to all the older versions of it, and thus would prefer to play the older versions.

The game is better right now, but it feels worse, a lot worse to be honest.

The feeling of a epic giant world to be discovered just is missing, its more exciting to lvl to 10 on a private server then to do something on retail right now.
    What it boils down to is "Blizzard won't give us what we want, so we'll just take it."
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche