Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    Fuck does it matter? Why do they need to issue a statement? They've made plenty of statements in the past that private servers are illegal and they will shut them down.
    1) The title of the thread doesn't say they have to, it asks whether they will, should've read it.
    2) The answer to your question is in the OP, should've read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's like me going to Walmart and shoplifting, getting caught and getting angry and boycotting Walmart. It's fucking ridiculous and we're all on the outside watching this train wreck and laughing at you people.
    Pretty much. People playing an illegal version of the game actually believing that they have a right to play the illegal version of it... its one of the most ass-backwards things I've seen.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    you mean more like 15k. and no blizzard doesnt care about such a small number. next time use the nostri thread for your speach....
    15k online at the same time at any given time. 150k active players.

It's hilarious how you people intentionally misrepresent that fact.

And if they really didn't care about "such a small number", then they actually wouldn't have cared. But they did, that's why we are having this thread.

Deleted
    We all know the real reason why the ILLEGAL server was shut down, is because of famous streamers and Youtubers constantly talking about it.

I doubt they will. For one, they don't really have any need to make one. Also, since this will likely be seen in the courts, I imagine Legal has informed them not to say anything about it.

Deleted
    People played on that realm for the sole purpose of playing Vanilla again, nothing more, nothing less. The devs there provided something that Blizzard said "We didn't want or need". Well apparently there is a market for it.

Yes they are completely in their right to shut it down, they are. BUT what they also could've done, was let them continue, ask for a small fee from players to play on the legacy realms and implant them into Battle.net. The entire work was already done for them, the code was already written and the player base was already pretty huge, the only thing they needed to do, was cash in. They didn't, they shut it down like any other private server ( and it wasn't like any other private server ) and pissed a bunch of people off. Yet again, Blizzard are in their right to do so, but being right doesn't always mean that you're doing a good thing.

"Killing someone for breaking into your house and defending yourself is in your right to do so, but that doesn't make the killing any less bad".

Anyway, I'll miss it. It was good fun having a sense of community again in the game I love, having a WORLD of Warcraft and not a queue of Warcraft was a really nice change of pace. I am currently an active subscriber, signed up 2 weeks ago to try it out again with a friend of mine, he started in Cataclysm and is having a blast again. I started mid Vanilla and I was bored after a week of playing a few hours a day, so either way they will lose me as a subscriber but not because of this. This game took a direction I am not a fan of and not willing to participate in any longer.

I do how ever keep playing other Blizzard games because they're a pretty good developer and they are the reason I got into PC gaming in the first place. So there is no hate from my side towards Blizzard, cause I get why they did it. People need to realize they didn't shut down a Private Server per say, they shut down and entire community that was having a blast, with THEIR game. The thing THEY created 10 years ago and no longer are willing to provide to their player base. They could've also done it the way Project 1999 did it with Everquest. Sadly they didn't.

https://www.project1999.com/ for people unaware.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    We all know the real reason why the ILLEGAL server was shut down, is because of famous streamers and Youtubers constantly talking about it.
    Can you blame them? More interesting than anything going on with retail. Maybe Blizzard should've tried to pump out more than one content patch for WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck does it matter? Why do they need to issue a statement? They've made plenty of statements in the past that private servers are illegal and they will shut them down.
    People don't want private servers those, not the ones who have made them or the ones playing on them, they want Blizzard to make these servers. It's been suggested for years, always ignored with the argument that not enough people really want them. This whole Nostalrius drama proves that there is indeed a lot of people who want these servers.

Have this changed Blizzard's opinion? People want an answer. Their customers want an answer. I pay for 5 accounts and I want an answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pjongjongjeng View Post
    Your point was "they just think they like Vanilla, but they really don't, I know better than them, therefore they only play there cause it's free"
    They do like vanilla indeed, because there are a throng of other wow PS not vanilla and they choose this, not to mention the sheer amount of other non wow F2P games that they could have chosen as well, but still they do not like vanilla ENOUGH as for paying for it.
    the same company whose greed has lead them to take down NOS PS is refusing to fish some bucks from that ton of people you say would pay for a vanilla server, WHY?
    Are they a greedy company or not? or it is just that you have a better toolset than blizz to analyze the MMO market?.
    If it is the second one i encourage you to find a job in the market, from what we have seen this last years most MMO makers are at a complete lost (wildstar makers for example)

With time token, affordability is not an issue any more.

If people choose private server over battle.net, the private server must be better.
    Plain and simple.

Blizzard is just a poor loser here.
    Lost the game and flip the whole board.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    People don't want private servers those, not the ones who have made them or the ones playing on them, they want Blizzard to make these servers. It's been suggested for years, always ignored with the argument that not enough people really want them. This whole Nostalrius drama proves that there is indeed a lot of people who want these servers.

Have this changed Blizzard's opinion? People want an answer. Their customers want an answer. I pay for 5 accounts and I want an answer.
    You seem to under the impression that because you pay for five accounts, that Blizzard should indulge your every whim and desire.

Blizzard doesn't answer to you. You pay specifically to play the game they offer, nothing more. They owe you nothing.

Deleted
    They don’t need to say anything. It is the sole property of Blizzard and they have built up Warcraft over the years. It applies to all intellectual property in most countries. Just imagine, you develop a new game and it’s a huge success and you want to profit. You make a updated version that’s less successful and than someone can just come along and use the older version of YOUR GAME and offer it free of charge...that would be insane. It may be viewed as douche move for some people, but it’s the way the world works.
    Last edited by mmoc1647d17dd8; 2016-04-08 at 11:59 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    To them, its a private legal matter.

They ain't gon say shit.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    With time token, affordability is not an issue any more.

If people choose private server over battle.net, the private server must be better.
    Plain and simple.

Blizzard is just a poor loser here.
    Lost the game and flip the whole board.
    No. People want to steal and ripoff anything they can. It's called thievery.

Thieves should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem to under the impression that because you pay for five accounts, that Blizzard should indulge your every whim and desire.

Blizzard doesn't answer to you. You pay specifically to play the game they offer, nothing more. They owe you nothing.
    They answer to their customers, and in this case many of their customers want an answer, me included. It has nothing to do with private servers or laws, but whether or not their opinion about creating their own servers has changed based on what they have now learned.

Well, if Blizzard cared about their community and fans, they would.
    Problem is they don't anymore, so nope.
    Last edited by Mahcake; 2016-04-08 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    It's not about competition, its about ILLEGALITY. Heavens, let some brains rain down on these people.
    Yeah, let's get your brain working, idiot :
    Datamining is also "illegal", yet Blizzard doesn't care if MMO-Champion copy-paste it all over. Why ? Because it doesn't really affect them, because they don't lose money over it.
    Pservers are "illegal" in the same way, and until now Blizzard didn't bother with them - even blue themselves basically said "well, these people who play pservers don't like retail, so it's not like we were losing customers". Now it seems something has changed.

Nah and they don't really need to make a statement about it anyways.

No. People want to steal and ripoff anything they can. It's called thievery.

Thieves should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
    Copyright violation is not theft, that's why it's called copyright violation and not theft, and why it has different law. And it's obvious to anyone with a working brain who isn't trying to use loaded terms.
    Fucktard.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-09 at 03:57 PM.

I hope they make some statement