That's a shame PTS, there's plenty of other sources of information here but you were there to bind it all together with experience, logic and a rather humourous way of putting things. You will be missed (and I'm sure the others here will miss you as - oh I dunno - a person!)

Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually feel really bad for prot paladins. You're all experiencing exactly what arms warriors had to experience wod beta.

Watering down of the entire spec, only to have nothing fixed and be forced to respect in order to have fun.

Sadly, paladins don't have a second tank spec unlike arms who could just go fury in the case of that shit rotation we were given.

Just know that arms warriors know what you're going through and we're here to help.
    -----------------------------------------------
    “It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end… because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing… this shadow. Even darkness must pass.”

. . .

*eyes water, tearfully embraces Jaemeson*

And here I am stoked as fuck for legion Prot.

Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    And here I am stoked as fuck for legion Prot.
    Well, a positive attitude never hurt anyone, i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    Well, a positive attitude never hurt anyone, i guess.
    Anything beats holy power.

Anything beats holy power.
    I feel you are happy about the lack of management that the rest of us are annoyed about...
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by sexybeast View Post
    I feel you are happy about the lack of management that the rest of us are annoyed about...

I mean if your over the moon about playing a dumbed down silly easy spec to play then yeah... that says a lot about you really.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

I'm not sure if I suck major ass at playing a Paladin, but this Artifact quest for Prot Paladins is riddiculous. It was a snoozefest as both DK and DH, but I can't kill Tyr, he does so much damn damage and the useless healer casts denounce 24/7 and the only heal I get is from Holy Light which is 10k. Am I missing something or am I just a shit Paladin tank? I've Repentenced the mage so she does nothing the whole fight, but this damn healer refuses to heal me in combat, but spams holy light outside of it.

http://puu.sh/oaAJC/683367612f.jpg

Cato's casts:
    http://puu.sh/oaB57/006063b969.jpg
    http://puu.sh/oaB34/f7977e0c01.jpg (this is where combat ended which is obvious from the Holy Light spam)

Took me like 30 minutes to get him down, FML.
    Last edited by Kapaya; 2016-04-08 at 11:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I'm not sure if I suck major ass at playing a Paladin, but this Artifact quest for Prot Paladins is riddiculous. It was a snoozefest as both DK and DH, but I can't kill Tyr, he does so much damn damage and the useless healer casts denounce 24/7 and the only heal I get is from Holy Light which is 10k. Am I missing something or am I just a shit Paladin tank? I've Repentenced the mage so she does nothing the whole fight, but this damn healer refuses to heal me in combat, but spams holy light outside of it.

http://puu.sh/oaAJC/683367612f.jpg

Cato's casts:
    http://puu.sh/oaB57/006063b969.jpg
    http://puu.sh/oaB34/f7977e0c01.jpg (this is where combat ended which is obvious from the Holy Light spam)

Took me like 30 minutes to get him down, FML.
    Spec Consecrated Hammer and Blessed Hammer, spam it. Use AS before SoTR. Use LoTR when needed. Use CDs too, I suppose? Judgement of Light would also be good in that situation, I think.

I did, got him in the end, but there is surely no way it's intended like this. Sure, the gear was 680 but it was still a riddiculous challenge I can see a lot of people gonna have troubles with if it's kept like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    I did, got him in the end, but there is surely no way it's intended like this. Sure, the gear was 680 but it was still a riddiculous challenge I can see a lot of people gonna have troubles with if it's kept like this.
    A few of them are a little trickier yeah. I imagine we'll see them scaled back at some point. Luckily enough we have a broken talent system that means we can spam one button and win!

I mean if your over the moon about playing a dumbed down silly easy spec to play then yeah... that says a lot about you really.
    Yes, it does. God forbid some people just want to have fun and not deal with convoluted resource systems in a 12 year old combat engine.

Anyone ventured into CM Mythic + on Alpha? We seem extremely powerful for dmg and survivability. We have so many outs to survive.

LoH
    Bubble AOE for teeming affix
    Powerful LOTP (yes still OP)
    Group healing with judgement or consecration
    GOTAK, DP
    Wings

Feels like we have a lot or does anyone else think this is gonna stick and is comparable to other specs?
    http://twitch.tv/towelliee TowelRapaport #WoWsheet

Yes, it does. God forbid some people just want to have fun and not deal with convoluted resource systems in a 12 year old combat engine.
    and God forbid some people don't wanna spam 1 button whilst licking windows when we are ment to be having fun...

if you are unable to manage a 3/5 point resource system then maybe anything requiring an IQ of over 3.5 isn't right for you.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

sad to say but it looks like maybe they are beyond the point of iterating on core mechanics? feels like they are going to remain silent on prot paladin, release it as is, then do a major overhaul with a patch (ie 7.1) after legion is live. are there any other classes on alpha getting this kind of feedback from veteran players?

and God forbid some people don't wanna spam 1 button whilst licking windows when we are ment to be having fun...

if you are unable to manage a 3/5 point resource system then maybe anything requiring an IQ of over 3.5 isn't right for you.
    While i'm in the camp that prot needs serious changes, and there needs to be SOME kind of engaging gameplay, i can see where he's coming from, some days i do just like turning off my brain and spamming 2 buttons.

I'd argue that atm we are a 2/3 button class...

spam gc procs
    CS when no procs
    Sotr.

that's it... it's not hard to manage holy power.
    Now as Blood Elf
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dastuross View Post
    While i'm in the camp that prot needs serious changes, and there needs to be SOME kind of engaging gameplay, i can see where he's coming from, some days i do just like turning off my brain and spamming 2 buttons.
    I don't think anyone here would argue that you can't be a good paladin pressing only a few buttons in Live (heck, I'm pretty sure I could do OK just letting LoV procs guide the way in LFD right now... probably LFR). But in Legion there is literally no skill cap, as long as you put Avenger's Shield on one side of the keyboard and SotR far enough away that you can ensure your face will slam into one before the other, a faceroller is just as good as the top paladins in the World right now. Maybe it opens up the game for new players (which is debatable, I like the acquisition of skill leading to success, not just success raining from the sky, but YMMV) but it sure as hell makes anyone who's taken the time to become a good paladin tank feel like they've wasted their time.