Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    FFS you lot need to get over that Blizzard closed down an illegal server that was using their product without permission. Nost did the worng and now have to pay for it . too bad, so sad. Guldan looks ok, but to me a little to upright. Garona looks pretty good, but you cant really decide until you see it in action properly in the movie. Kind of like when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker. He was given no hope of doing the role after Jack Nicholson. How wrong the critics were

Quote Originally Posted by Agrias2x View Post
    Kinda sad they closing Nostalrius even though I never played there. I always say this: If you haven't played in Vanilla you never really played WoW because what we have now is a completely different game.
    I still think vanilla was the best time by a mile. In hindsight it's easy to say it sucked because Blizzard fixed everything that was annoying back then and made it easier. But when you just came into vanilla, everything was new, you appreciated the things that sucked (for the first year or so). Vanilla in itself was very different. No flying, world pvp, world bosses that mattered, gear upgrades that really mattered, elemental protection gear, significant differences between high end raiders and dungeon players, endless lame grinds for materials to make multiple pots and flasks, and so on.. and so on.. I'll always see vanilla through my rose-tinted glasses, i don't care. For me it was the best.

Oh and i LIKED legendaries dropping from a boss as a chance, it gave the extra thrill when it dropped. If it didn't drop it gave you a reason to come back. I liked that aspect. I don't like that everyone can get a legendary nowadays, that's not legendary, ts not even uncommon, ITS COMMON with an orange color.

Deleted
    Feelsbadman I only hope something good will come out of nostalrius shutting down

Quote Originally Posted by familiar View Post
    I have a better idea: you will learn the difference between "unlicensed use of intellectual property for non-profit" and "stealing"; and after that Blizzard will recognize the demand for a service and provide it legally, or at least won't obstruct it, like many other companies do for years.
    I'll make it even easier for you: They stole intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    I'll make it even easier for you: They stole intellectual property.
    And did what with it? Turned exactly $0 in profit? Big deal.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

Screw that Warcraft movie stuff, I want that sheep staff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post

The second they started taking donations is the second Blizzard would have stepped on the gas getting it removed regardless of whether the donations covered the price of running it is irrelevant as soon as money exchanges hands you are involving money with their intellectual property.

That poster of Llane looks so weird. Looks like they photoshopped his head on someone else's body.

Theft does not = loss of money or someone else profited off of the stolen item(s). It just means you took something that isn't yours without permission. Stop equating no loss of money/revenue in this situation to anything other than theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorwave View Post
    FFS you lot need to get over that Blizzard closed down an illegal server that was using their product without permission. Nost did the worng and now have to pay for it . too bad, so sad. Guldan looks ok, but to me a little to upright. Garona looks pretty good, but you cant really decide until you see it in action properly in the movie. Kind of like when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker. He was given no hope of doing the role after Jack Nicholson. How wrong the critics were
    Yeah, really bad for MMO to promote an illegal operation by posting their closure message.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

That sheep staff video, so unexpected... I almost died laughin, thanks.

I can legally understand Blizzards point of view but I think its morally wrong. Especially as the product is not available from Blizzard anymore. This action is done by greed and with no love for its original WoW fanbase.

What makes me really angry at them is that they deny obviously a large portion of their fan base what they want:

legacy servers

Why's everyone having a fit? They were hosting those servers ILLEGALLY. I wanna know how long some of you would had hold off filing for a suit based on the use of intellectual property? It's plain and simple, the people that played/hosted in those servers, THEY KNEW what they were getting into the moment they decided to go roll on free servers.

People love to hate blizzard, regardless of whether theyre in the right or wrong.

Gj with that vid Chaud, was really funny ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    What is funny is how they complain and bitch about content that is 3 months old saying that Blizzard is not putting out new content fast enough, yet they rave on how awesome playing content that is over 10 years old is. Talk about ironic!!

More and more I'm getting the feeling the movie is primarily going to be about the orcs and their internal struggle than their invading and total decimation of Stormwind.

If Stormwind isn't razed to the ground and Lothar forced to lead survivors north in the end, I'm going to be extremely disappointed.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you steal an empty wallet you're still stealing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinyc View Post
    Theft does not = loss of money or someone else profited off of the stolen item(s). It just means you took something that isn't yours without permission. Stop equating no loss of money/revenue in this situation to anything other than theft.
    It's not theft. Nothing was stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by Sil View Post
    I still think vanilla was the best time by a mile. In hindsight it's easy to say it sucked because Blizzard fixed everything that was annoying back then and made it easier. But when you just came into vanilla, everything was new, you appreciated the things that sucked (for the first year or so). Vanilla in itself was very different. No flying, world pvp, world bosses that mattered, gear upgrades that really mattered, elemental protection gear, significant differences between high end raiders and dungeon players, endless lame grinds for materials to make multiple pots and flasks, and so on.. and so on.. I'll always see vanilla through my rose-tinted glasses, i don't care. For me it was the best.

Oh and i LIKED legendaries dropping from a boss as a chance, it gave the extra thrill when it dropped. If it didn't drop it gave you a reason to come back. I liked that aspect. I don't like that everyone can get a legendary nowadays, that's not legendary, ts not even uncommon, ITS COMMON with an orange color.
    The biggest problem with vanilla wow or any other addon they released is the nostalgia behind it after so many years. Also nostalgia tends to blend out the bad things quite often. Series I enjoyed as kid were way more awesome in the memory and feelings I had, before I tried to rewatch them. Weren't that awesome after that

I started wow in early bc and it was a blast, because everything was new. You really enjoyed it and could learn and see something new. Even if I played a bc server now, I would NEVER enjoy it again as it was back then. That's the problem wow and any other new mmoprg has on the market - you saw it in some way before somewhere. Nothing special about it anymore. That's why so many, good looking mmoprgs that were called "wow killer" failed.

I already played a lot of different free to play mmos and it's the same stuff with different graphics, basically.

Also we as a commnunity changed. When I started wow I wasen't a kid anymore, but far from anything you could call an adult. Not a care in the world, easy school time. Now I'm married and have two kids and a job. It changes perspectives quite extreme...

And for those players saying leveling is too easy now ... without heirlooms it takes way longer to lvl up, also if you have a group without heirlooms. Also the enemies dying so fast is because of the many different changes ingame. Not to mention - would you really like the leveling speed back from vanilla and bc? We soon have 110 ... In BC it took me with one char like 3 months excessive gaming to reach the max. - just doing quests and some instances if I was invited. Counting in my newbishnes, today I might need like 2 months. BUt for lvl 110? I call fun something different.
    "Who am I? I am Susan Ivanova, Commander, daughter of Andrej and Sophie Ivanov. I am the right hand of vengeance and the boot that is gonna kick your sorry ass all the way back to Earth, sweetheart. I am death incarnate and the last living thing that you are ever going to see. God sent me." - Susan Ivanova, Between the Darkness and the Light, Babylon 5

"Only one human captain ever survived a battle with a Minbari fleet. He is behind me! You are in front of me! If you value your lives - be somewhere else!" - Delenn, Severed Dreams, Babylon 5

Hi,

What's the name of the piece of music at the start of the Sheep staff video please?