Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortydragon View Post
    I believe J.J. said Kylo was wearing ancient jedi armor so its possible that the blast might not have killed him.
    I was trying to find JJ saying this but I found nothing.

For me, MaRey Sue completely nullified Kylo Ren as a villian. I can`t take him seriously anymore - VIII will have to rebuild his image completely. I will not be shocked if Kylo will beat Luke and then Rey ''get out of my way Sith-CIS-shits'' easily overpowers Kylo, yet again. Such a wasted Adam Driver casting.
    I find it impossible to buy that someone like him could`ve lost to Rey.
    Besides, he was indeed injured and he was already capable of toying with Finn, spinning mid-air and then beating Rey with huge, sweeping strikes.
    And the ''she used the Force'' excuse seems to be a rather poor attempt to rationalize it - it implies that Kylo Ren did not ''have the Force''... nevermind that two minutes earlier he tossed her 30ft in to the air.

Vagichlorians are powerful, so it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Frektal View Post

For me, MaRey Sue completely nullified Kylo Ren as a villian. I can`t take him seriously anymore - VIII will have to rebuild his image completely. I will not be shocked if Kylo will beat Luke and then Rey ''get out of my way Sith-CIS-shits'' easily overpowers Kylo, yet again. Such a wasted Adam Driver casting.
    Besides, he was indeed injured and he was already capable of toying with Finn, spinning mid-air and then beating Rey with huge, sweeping strikes.
    And the ''she used the Force'' excuse seems to be a rather poor attempt to rationalize it - it implies that Kylo Ren did not ''have the Force''... nevermind that two minutes earlier he tossed her 30ft in to the air.

not hard to see why he lost,

he's not fully trained
    he took a bowcaster shot that normally sends targets flying
    constantly bleeding from said wound
    finn got a lucky hit on his shoulder
    when he killed han he felt weaker (read the book)

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god the amount of people I have seen whining that its another female lead "oh noes we cant have women fight in our star wars"

You know when I saw the trailer before I saw those dumb comments, I didn't even think about it, it totally phased me, until I looked at the comments and people were like "oh noes a woman"

urghh

But anyway, movie looks awesome and I can't wait... this actually has me more pumped than The Force Awakens, and I am not sure why :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    not hard to see why he lost,

he's not fully trained
    he took a bowcaster shot that normally sends targets flying
    constantly bleeding from said wound
    finn got a lucky hit on his shoulder
    when he killed han he felt weaker (read the book)
    Even without full training, he is more older than her and he has actual combat experience - plus some time under Luke and lots of time under Snoke.
    If she managed to easily defeat him in the interrogation scene - what kind of omnipotent being she`ll be with a full, proper training provided by Luke?

Fair enough.

That wound did not stop him from spinning (good trick), slashing and hacking at targets.

That wound is literally just a scab on his arm.

Fair enough, I guess. But what kind of villian is he then... he`s not one. Star Wars now has the Marvel problem of having no real, tangible villians that project their power.
    Even Hux is more menacing in that regard. At least he enjoyed being evil - blowing up entire planets with billions of lives.

Walt Disney knows how to make money. Female lead means more women will end up watching the movie. The dominant male audience will still watch because it's a STAR WARS movie. No one cares about equality, it's all about return on investment ($4 billion).

Deleted

So surprised that a weakened guy (Injured and emotionaly) gets beaten by a woman who used the Dark Side to beat him? It does not imply that KR didn't have it. It implies that she used it more in a spurr, and weakend KR culdn't handle it. Juste like when Luke overpowers big badass Vader using the Dark Side.
    The whole point was that KR was not in a good shape, and that with Snoke's training he is going to become very powerful. It's called character developement, which often lacks when it comes to bad guys. This time they decided to do it with the main villain and it's a good thing imo.

Instead of having a Vador 2.0. Which btw is funny, people whine because he isn't one, yet I am sure that if he was a Vador 2.0 the same people would be saying "OMG what is that ripoff vador 2.0 boooooooo". This time you might (cause don't know for sure) have a bad guy in the making.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Walt Disney knows how to make money. Female lead means more women will end up watching the movie. The dominant male audience will still watch because it's a STAR WARS movie. No one cares about equality, it's all about return on investment ($4 billion).
    I doubt that many females uninterested in Star Wars, will literally sit there and say. "oh look a female lead, I need to see this now".

At best it pushes more merchandise sales with young females.

Deleted
    Even without full training, he is more older than her and he has actual combat experience - plus some time under Luke and lots of time under Snoke.
    If she managed to easily defeat him in the interrogation scene - what kind of omnipotent being she`ll be with a full, proper training provided by Luke?

Fair enough.

That wound did not stop him from spinning (good trick), slashing and hacking at targets.

That wound is literally just a scab on his arm.

Fair enough, I guess. But what kind of villian is he then... he`s not one. Star Wars now has the Marvel problem of having no real, tangible villians that project their power.
    Even Hux is more menacing in that regard. At least he enjoyed being evil - blowing up entire planets with billions of lives.
    She has combat experience she spend 15 years fending for herself on a shitty planet.

She didn't easily defeat him, she only did because KR is weak on that point. He is scared of the Light Side, scared to be like his father etc. She just ticked the right boxes to put him on edge.
    Plus if she really is Luke's daughter (which we don't know) well yes she will be extremly powerful like the SKywalkers are.

Wounds take a toll on your body, with adrenaline you can forget about it for a moment. But eventually you will run out, and the wound will take the best of you. exactly what happened there.

Yeah the shoulder wound wasn't that much tho, it just made him angrier and he slashed Finn like three seconds after.

Like I said he is a villain in the making. Instead of being scared of the DS, he is actually scared of becoming good again. Which is a nice turn. He still killed all of the academy with the KoR, he isn't a joke. He will be even less of a joke once he get's ride of his weak emotional side.
    I also like Hux, but it was clearly shown (facial expressions) that Hux is afraid of Kylo Ren. Not I shit my pants point, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I doubt that many females uninterested in Star Wars, will literally sit there and say. "oh look a female lead, I need to see this now".

At best it pushes more merchandise sales with young females.
    even if just one does it it's one more sale than they would have gotten with a male lead

and Kylo is probably one of the most pathetic whiny villains I seen in the past 5 years, he's a joke and the best thing the next movie can do is just kill him off and replace with someone competent, when you get beat by a girl with zero training at your own game not once but twice (the duel and the mindfuck thing) just pack your bags and go home since no one is going to take you seriously anymore

and let's not even mention his emo outburst
    Last edited by Enosh; 2016-04-08 at 12:31 PM.

I cant wait for the Fett backstory movie, I always wanted to know how heroic his wife/mother/sister or [insert minority]friend was.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-04-08 at 12:41 PM.

I liked what I saw...

I think people want to complain for the sake of complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    even if just one does it it's one more sale than they would have gotten with a male lead

and Kylo is probably one of the most pathetic whiny villains I seen in the past 5 years, he's a joke and the best thing the next movie can do is just kill him off and replace with someone competent, when you get beat by a girl with zero training at your own game not once but twice (the duel and the mindfuck thing) just pack your bags and go home since no one is going to take you seriously anymore

and let's not even mention his emo outburst
    Essentially what your saying is that only girls care about the gender of the lead. Since in order for it to generate more sales the amount of male viewers would have to be the same or detractors less than the amount of new viewers.

My understanding is that Ren wasn't untrained. Her flashbacks were of her training as a Jedi before the Sith came and attacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Sith lord vs sith assasin whos had next to no training in the dark side force use. Big difference. Just like how exar kun ghosted it up at yavin for a few thousand years.

- - - Updated - - -

Energy bowcaster. Almost no different than a basterrifle.
    YEah you didn't watch the movie.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Come to this thread to talk rogue one.

Instead,

- people are crying about the gender of the lead (Something that doesnt even cross my mind, it doesnt matter what race, gender, or sex the lead is. If you can craft a good story around it, great!)

- Still talking about Kylo being a whiny villain, or THAT fight in the woods.

Sigh.

Rogue one looks great though. I'm glad their expanding on the types of stormtrooper. The casting is good, that beach scene with the AT--AT, yes!

This is also how to do a trailer, dont give much away, unlike BvS....

But what kind of villian is he then... he`s not one. .

That's literally the point of his character design. He's NOT all that he thinks he is, he's not the big bad that we've continually seen in Star Wars antagonists. He's not a Maul, he's not a Vader. He strives to be, but continually fails thus his anger and frustration. He's not a master, so we shouldn't be expecting him to have the skill set of one. He's barely a knight by Jedi standards it seems.

As for Rey, we don't know who she is yet, so it's not far off that they'd be similar with their capabilities. We don't know her training. If she magically gained the upper hand, yeah I'd have issue too, but considering it's a trilogy, and they aren't going to flesh out her entire story in the FIRST movie, it's far to early to just call her a mary sue and move on.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-04-08 at 12:53 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post

My understanding is that Ren wasn't untrained. Her flashbacks were of her training as a Jedi before the Sith came and attacked.
    There are no Sith in TFA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArgonaZe View Post
    He still killed all of the academy with the KoR, he isn't a joke. He will be even less of a joke once he get's ride of his weak emotional side.
    What kind of pathetic, weak shits Luke was training if someone like Kylo Ren could`ve destroyed it all. Which is point No. 6943059432 that made my raise my eyebrows in TFA.

And you actually believe they`ll get rid of his ''emotional side''? If anything, he`ll be even weaker and even more whiny in VIII. He is so obviously set up for redemption, it`s hilarious. What strengthened Dark Side villians in the past like Darth Maul, was them killing those who they cared about to/were close to.
    He kills Han, he `s weakened... what a fucking joke.

Honestly at this point I hope he dies in the most ridiculous fashion in VIII so that BDT can take over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    YEah you didn't watch the movie.
    I Didnt? Do tell?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    As for Rey, we don't know who she is yet, so it's not far off that they'd be similar with their capabilities. We don't know her training. If she magically gained the upper hand, yeah I'd have issue too, but considering it's a trilogy, and they aren't going to flesh out her entire story in the FIRST movie, it's far to early to just call her a mary sue and move on.
    She was dropped off at Jakku at the age of >7.

Don`t tell me they (Luke?) teach resisting sophisticated mind-probing techniques and basics of Jedi mind tricks at that age.
    It`s so contrived.

Quote Originally Posted by Ula View Post
    Come to this thread to talk rogue one.

Instead,
    - people are crying about the gender of the lead (Something that doesnt even cross my mind, it doesnt matter what race, gender, or sex the lead is. If you can craft a good story around it, great!)
    Yup.
    And since it's a story primarily about Leia...
    - Still talking about Kylo being a whiny villain, or THAT fight in the woods.

Sigh.
    Lol...It's as if we didn't already have a thread on that movie.
    Rogue one looks great though. I'm glad their expanding on the types of stormtrooper. The casting is good, that beach scene with the AT--AT, yes!
    Agree.
    The franchise as a whole tends to dominate everything with the Force. I understand the reason why. (and I do love it), but I've always wanted to see things fleshed out more on the big screen (The books do that job, but alot aren't written well). Rogue One looks to me a more down to earth approach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the movie does make sense. In Rebels series, one of the characters says, they need to get used to fight without Jedis.

And sending a force sensitve person (jedi), to steal the plans is doomed to fail, since dark side users can detect them.
    Female lead will probaly die at the end of the movie, sending the plans.
    Don't sweat the details!!!