Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Yeah that's just it. I have zero experience and desire to troubleshoot my own build. I'd rather spend my time doing real work or playing...I don't have the patience for it nor is it a passion of mine.

I gladly pay a premium for a premium service/product. I just wanted to make sure DigitalStorm was a "you get what you pay for" type company and not an overpriced equal to these other PC mills.

Thanks Stuneree.

edit: oh, about the SSDs...I just read somewhere a while ago that if you weren't moving vast amounts of data around...that they're really just overpriced and overhyped. I play hearthstone, league, and an Everquest emulator (P99) right now. My computer is literally 11 years old and I'm just enough of an enthusiast to want to ditch her and buy a cool rig (could probably get away with spending only $800, but I want a 10-year computer). I could easily be talked into the pro-SSD side.
    The things about building your own PC is it takes zero experience and it's really really easy. I understand not wanting to do it yourself, but I think there are better options than than pre-builts. Your best bet is to go to a locally owned computer store if there is one in your area and have them put your build together. If they are reasonably priced on parts you can buy there as well, but I would get a list on what they plan to put together and post it here first, just to make sure. You could also purchase all your parts online and take it to a local store and they should be able to put it together for a reasonable fee.

If you do it this way, there is no question of the quality of the parts, you get what you pick. If you do have issues and do not want to troubleshoot, you can take it back to the same store and they can look in to it for you. For people who do not want to build, this is always the option I recommend over getting a pre-built.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    The things about building your own PC is it takes zero experience and it's really really easy. I understand not wanting to do it yourself, but I think there are better options than than pre-builts. Your best bet is to go to a locally owned computer store if there is one in your area and have them put your build together. If they are reasonably priced on parts you can buy there as well, but I would get a list on what they plan to put together and post it here first, just to make sure. You could also purchase all your parts online and take it to a local store and they should be able to put it together for a reasonable fee.

If you do it this way, there is no question of the quality of the parts, you get what you pick. If you do have issues and do not want to troubleshoot, you can take it back to the same store and they can look in to it for you. For people who do not want to build, this is always the option I recommend over getting a pre-built.

Duly noted!
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post

That's also definitely a good option: just bringing the parts to the store.
    But realistically, changing oil in a car is extremely easy and takes zero experience, but still people go to have it done for them. And oil/lube companies can be pretty sketchy.
    One of the benefits of DigitalStorm is sort of the cool customs they do and the liquid and LEDs etc, stuff that local PC stores probably can't do... But those types of badass custom PCs are generally non-upgradable so definitely a trade off.

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

i bought my current HP probook 6460b from cyberpower. Try and see whether it works for you too