Deleted
    Guys, I'm not getting a general vibe here. I main MW on live and I love it. I read through like the last 10 pages and they all say different things. I know we have to wait until legion comes out to get proper numbers, but what do you think of the current MW on beta?

Quote Originally Posted by mortix View Post
    Guys, I'm not getting a general vibe here. I main MW on live and I love it. I read through like the last 10 pages and they all say different things. I know we have to wait until legion comes out to get proper numbers, but what do you think of the current MW on beta?
    from someone who is a mistweaver main since its release and have played nothing other than mistweaver and loved how the spec has progressed throughout its history, it is a big shock imo, and not in a good way.
    Last edited by Buildapanda; 2016-04-07 at 11:37 PM.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Well maybe there is hope, I finally got an answer on the low damage issue on Twitter, even if I left multiple feedbacks on that in every early feedback threads on alpha forum.

So who knows.. maybe we'll have a decent leveling experience.. let's see what the answer will be.

I know at least with 740 gear it might not suck as much, but the last zones will be atrocious if they don't give us a bit more output.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mortix View Post
    Now is the time to give feedback if you want a class you enjoy in Legion... it will be too late then.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    from someone who is a mistweaver main since its release and have played nothing other than mistweaver and loved how the spec has progressed throughout its history, it is a big shock imo, and not in a good way.
    I agree, the more I see new builds the more I'm thinking about maining my priest on Legion... FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Fankine View Post
    I agree, the more I see new builds the more I'm thinking about maining my priest on Legion... FeelsBadMan
    As I don't have Alpha access I am watching the feedback and updates very closely. I will bail to my druid if necessary but holding out hope it improves.

Is Misty Teahouse not a good MW source? I only ask because Ashleah doesn’t seem as upset by the feel of the class in alpha yet other prominent mistweavers are very unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightmayo View Post
    As I don't have Alpha access I am watching the feedback and updates very closely. I will bail to my druid if necessary but holding out hope it improves.
    Its funny how perspectives can vary so widly. To me druid is currently so underwhelming I was thinking of going to monk since i'm actually interested in some of its changes (although holy priest is also looking better than it has in ages) - now only if blizz would open up beta to us so we could try this stuff out...

The beauty of priests is you have 2 options... won't be a problem to replace a mistweaver for a holy priest, and you'll always have disc.

They seem adverse to giving MW any sort of unique utility or reworking existing abilities that are complete trash. Time to start thinking about that reroll tbh

10+ Year Old Account
    The bosses today showed some of the high points of the monk kit. That said, without a tank cd or useful fight utility, the class is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    The bosses today showed some of the high points of the monk kit. That said, without a tank cd or useful fight utility, the class is useless.
    Yeah because cutting-edge PvE raid class balance is all that matters in this game

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Yeah because cutting-edge PvE raid class balance is all that matters in this game
    PvE balance will matter a lot for 5 man content this expansion, so I'm confused by your response. Could you please give an example situation where if monks were competitively balanced it would hurt whatever aspect of the game you like to play?

7+ Year Old Account
    Well the game most certainly isn't balanced around 40-man RBGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, but imo monk isn't really all that great. Obviously depends on how useful AoE stuns are.

if you needed an AoE stun for dungeons, why not play shaman

I mean, that's what 95% of people who read this thread will care about.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I mean, that's what 95% of people who read this thread will care about.
    I can't believe a person who is bad in PVE could be good in PVP. Compared to PVP, PVE is far more ideal, simple and predictable. If you can't be good in an ideal, simple and predictable environment, how could you be good at a more complex and unpredictable PVP?

If you look at mw in 2v2 or 3v3 arenas, the major is PVE problem not PVP problem, for mistweaver is bad in single target healing and 5-man, especially in the environment(like arenas) where you don't have extend life.

I think that's why most people who read this thread care more about the "cutting-edge PVE raid".
    Last edited by cqwrteur; 2016-04-10 at 07:25 AM.

After months of trying to focus on the issues over numbers, and telling people that mechanically we're still very lackluster, that we'll just be bandaid patched to have throughput but never have any core issues addressed, rather we lost core abilities and gained absolutely nothing. After months of saying this I'm saddened how broken MW will be in Legion and how this could have been all been fixed if we focused our feedback on what actually mattered in the alpha process.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

10+ Year Old Account
    The feedback has been given dozens of times over.

I find it hard to believe Blizzard are removing the niche strengths we currently have as an accident.

Revival nerfed.
    Diffuse removed.
    Extend Life gone.
    Unlimited mana gone.
    Immune to ranged raid mechanics gone.

These are literally the things that make MW'ers good in HFC and 4/5 of them ditto for BRF. It's not a secret either. These strengths and lack of any other niche areas in which we excel (other than mobility) have been discussed ad nauseam here and on the official forums for months. The feedback is out there, Blizzard simply refuse to listen and think they know best.

Given their track record with T18 4pce and other bandaids though, I'm guessing they'll just patch in something OP right before mythic launches in Legion that makes MW throughput insane and call it a day regardless of any other issues the spec has. I have utterly no faith for MW balance in PvP or CM's though, if the current meta is any indication. Mythic PvE throughput means jack shit in PvP and small scale PvE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Given their track record with T18 4pce and other bandaids though, I'm guessing they'll just patch in something OP right before mythic launches in Legion that makes MW throughput insane and call it a day regardless of any other issues the spec has. I have utterly no faith for MW balance in PvP or CM's though, if the current meta is any indication. Mythic PvE throughput means jack shit in PvP and small scale PvE.
    Posts like these actually tilt me, and i'm sure they tilt non-idiot monks. This post is implying monk has always been given bandaids, and is implying monk was the only class given a bandaid in t18. I think the biggest thing that tilts me here is this post comes from a guy who said monk lacked utility in WoD

The only problems monk has facing viability is a lack of utility. Past that, the kit has a number of numerical issues which can be fixed with tuning. Which is why these are the things people are actively talking about.

There's only so much you can say about "the class lacks utility please give" in feedback posts, which is why people talk about numerical problems.

Everybody knows we'll have another band-aid fix at last minute. Reading this thread is like reading WOD's beta thread all over again. There are probably just too many specs in the game for them to care about all of them.

I have yet to see any of the devs reply to the many inquiries about utility, but also remember, they were pretty good at giving band-aid utilities last xpac (Aspect of the Fox and Amplify Magic were added in last weeks of beta)

So far, the list of improvements (Better mastery, better in 5 man) is very short compared to the list of things we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Everybody knows we'll have another band-aid fix at last minute. Reading this thread is like reading WOD's beta thread all over again. There are probably just too many specs in the game for them to care about all of them.

I have yet to see any of the devs reply to the many inquiries about utility, but also remember, they were pretty good at giving band-aid utilities last xpac (Aspect of the Fox and Amplify Magic were added in last weeks of beta)

So far, the list of improvements (Better mastery, better in 5 man) is very short compared to the list of things we lost.
    And regardless of Extend Life, MW was already strongly lacking in the breadth of our abilities. We even in live have a lack of functionality compared to other healers but the way we make up for this is to have things like FW/aoe stuns/strong personal CDs/Interrupts/ToD which other healers don't really have. It doesn't make us strong on most fights, but it makes us very strong on fights where we can abuse our toolkit. In the process of overhauling MW they've taken away or nerfed every strength of MW and given us a bare bones class that might, might be viable depending on patches and set bonuses. Other healers, like Holy Paladin do not need to worry about such things as their power is a given, it's a matter of fact, and if Blizzard had left Holy in the state MWs are now in Alpha there would be riots in every Holy Paladin forum on the net.

But again, MW is the least played spec of the least played class and regardless of whether you like it or not Blizzard does focus it's development time on classes that have a higher percentage of the playerbase. All we can say is maybe in 8.0 we'll be fixed. For me after playing every healer in the game in every raid in the game, MW to me is the most interesting and unique, a lot of that uniqueness and fun was taken away and we were left this shoddy husk which will be patched up with bandaids and maybe still brought to raids, but will be overall a pretty empty spec now and that's pretty depressing.
    Last edited by Myta; 2016-04-11 at 01:54 AM.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.