Page 18 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    Errrr. Except target armor affects Multi-Shot and not Arcane Shot.

Try again with your "simple math".
    Wouldn't even if it did, wouldn't you still be casting Arcane shot for the 10 focus crit benefits? It seemed to me that Multi-Shot is intended for 3+ target situations.

Quote Originally Posted by construkt View Post
    Wouldn't even if it did, wouldn't you still be casting Arcane shot for the 10 focus crit benefits? It seemed to me that Multi-Shot is intended for 3+ target situations.
    Multi-Shot marks all targets with Hunter's Mark, causing Marked Shot (which still does a fuckton of damage) to always hit them, so Multi-Shot is likely to be best for 2 targets anyway, since double-Marked makes up for the loss in dmg and regen (focus has low value). I was just pointing out the guy's flawed math, not so much the basic statement.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, yeah... missed the armor part. :P It will be a tad bit more complicated math I am sure.

I do see we did take the hit to marked shot, I figured was coming. Hopefully, wind arrow gets the boost by +5%.

Also, I didn't realize the Hunters mark falls off when you fire the marked shot. I would have to see how common it comes up before I would say it's possible to do a pure non-AS rotation.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-04-07 at 05:44 PM.

How often what comes up? Hunter's Mark procs are @ 6 procs per minute modified by Haste.

It's not possible to do a pure non-AS (Aimed Shot I'd assume) rotation with any achievable level of Haste.

If Hunter's Mark didn't fall off, we could just spam Marked Shot? >_> Of course it falls off

Deleted
    Found the changes to current tier set in the prepatch changes. Might be old news but havent seen them posted here.

(2 Pieces) (Marksmanship) When you critically hit with Marked Shot, you have a 30% chance to gain a Rapid Fire effect increasing haste for 4 sec sec.

(4 Pieces) (Marksmanship) The cast time of your Aimed Shot is reduced by 100%.
    Wonder if the 2p will be changed to True Aim so all the bonuses apply like RF is today ?
    Last edited by mmocd658a685e4; 2016-04-07 at 09:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be perfectly happy with a reprise of the current 4p. Even better would be if they made it an artifact trait.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looking over the focus costs. Assuming 6 procs per minute. That means each minute will be:

3 Windbursts
    6 Marked Shots
    3 Aimed Shots (Procced?)
    24 Arcane Shots
    4 Spare GCDs

The above rotation leaves you at no gained or lost focus. You basically have 4 GCDs to spend starting focus. And have to have inactivity to gain that focus back.

@Oggi: The answer from the other thread as to were the 7x10% comes from is wind arrows are 10% of your Aimed Shot damage.
    Last edited by Youn; 2016-04-07 at 11:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they said that Marked procs will be increased?

Also, on 2 targets, you might still want to alternate between multi for Marked proc an Arcane for focus

About the T18 2P I would not worry with RF/Trueshot, these bonuses are probably still being redone. Obviously for now they only swapped Chimaera with Marked and that's it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    Looking over the focus costs. Assuming 6 procs per minute. That means each minute will be:

3 Windbursts
    6 Marked Shots
    3 Aimed Shots (Procced?)
    24 Arcane Shots
    4 Spare GCDs

The above rotation leaves you at no gained or lost focus. You basically have 4 GCDs to spend starting focus. And have to have inactivity to gain that focus back.

@Oggi: The answer from the other thread as to were the 7x10% comes from is wind arrows are 10% of your Aimed Shot damage.
    On the Alpha build most of us are playing, there's passive focus regen at a rate of 10*haste

60 sec = 600 pasive focus regen (without factoring haste or initial 130 focus)
    6 marked shot = 180
    3 aimed shot = 150
    3 WB = 60
    4 "spare" GCDs = 2 AMoCs 60, 2 AiS 100

that's 550 focus.

- You will easily have around 30% haste on entry raid gear which will mean close to 8 RPPM
    - You have True Shot
    - Arcane shot crits give double focus
    - You won't use Windburst on CD
    - You will mostly spec into LnL
    - You won't use every available Marked Shot after the nerf

Also.. you will play 90% of the bosses with sidewinders and at some point it could be 100% of them, in we can get enough haste.
    Last edited by mmoc2c179830db; 2016-04-08 at 10:32 AM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    10 focus per second is a huge increase in regeneration.

Thanks, Captain Obvious, I wouldn't have known otherwise when the alpha came out half a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nabseeker View Post
    I see a lot of players that just play it as demo - no feedback/bug reports. Even on retail forums for feedback i see stuff like:

Sooo much constructive feedbacks. Btw they deleted some of the posts. There is a lot of players that have actually ideas, but dont have access to the alpha, i hope there will be a wayyyyyyyyyyy bigger wave for the beta.
    There are not a lof the alpha players who usually plays a hunter, so a lot of feedback get lost by the amount of people who are in it (very low), also, when they give an invite to an EU or Asian player, they cannot post in the forum unless they make a US account (i dont remember if an starter account can post in those forums).

Does anyone know if PvP will be balanced around having a pet?

Lone Wolf is a talant now then , mm was ment to be a petless spec was it not

Azortharion, why are you being a dick in 90% of your posts? And dont bother with 'can't you read the sarcasm' because you have a pattern, and a pattern is something you are.

That's a cool story, be sure to tell it to fellow internet psychoanalysts.

Infracted. Stop trolling the thread
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-09 at 04:56 AM.

Deleted
    Can anyone please link me to something with the current alpha rotation?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joanatahn31 View Post
    Can anyone please link me to something with the current alpha rotation?
    Dont know if Azor is still streaming, maybe he is still playing some MM on the alpha and you could see there.

There are vods of raid testing on my stream, and I'll stream the raid testing tonight. MM.