Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    by that logic diablo is bigger because of infinite randomly generated zones and areas.
    Diablo is an ARPG, not an MMO. Personally I think you should disregard procedural generated zones if you are talking about pure size. Eve would take it as it's not randomly generated afaik, but because of its nature it's going to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamez View Post
    by that logic diablo is bigger because of infinite randomly generated zones and areas.
    if you calculate the mass of each planet in the universe diablo comes nowhere close, d3 is not an MMO either and even including heaven/hell and sanctuary its only one world, rifts are generated in parts of the world so it doesn't make the world any bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Diablo is an ARPG, not an MMO. Personally I think you should disregard procedural generated zones if you are talking about pure size. Eve would take it as it's not randomly generated afaik, but because of its nature it's going to win.
    eve is tiny compared to no mans sky, it doesn't matter each planet is procedural generated as the planets don't change its just a way to create many planets easily. There is 18 quintillion planets in no mans sky of which many you can go down and land on and explore, in EvE you can't do that its just you and your ship in space.

Eves universe is mostly just cut and paste of most of the systems with slight alterations so procedural generation is not needed, but creating a planet you can land on pretty much requires it.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2016-04-08 at 11:59 AM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

In two more months, the title may go to No Man's Sky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    how is it not an MMO, its a universe where all players are in the same one, it may not be a traditional MMO where your meant to group up to tackle things but its an MMO non the less, it may still be in beta atm but its being released in a few months.

Elite dangerous is not really an MMO because there is a limit on how many players that can be in the same instance as you which i believe is 31 players. I would even say EvE doesn't count as you can't really interact with the universe that much its just point and click and wait.
    You actually contradict yourself there. No Man Sky also has a similar instancing thing as Elite Dangerous, however it's only a couple people that can be in the same instance. Even if you were to tell all 100 or so of your WoW guildmates to go to such and such place on a planet at such and such time, you'd only be able to see two of them.

You can interact with stuff in EVE you know. PI, moon mining, wormholes, salvaging, hacking, Dust 514, etc etc etc
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Quote Originally Posted by Tryuk View Post
    You actually contradict yourself there. No Man Sky also has a similar instancing thing as Elite Dangerous, however it's only a couple people that can be in the same instance. Even if you were to tell all 100 or so of your WoW guildmates to go to such and such place on a planet at such and such time, you'd only be able to see two of them.

You can interact with stuff in EVE you know. PI, moon mining, wormholes, salvaging, hacking, Dust 514, etc etc etc
    as far as i can find there is no information on size of local instances for no mans sky, no mans sky is primarily designed for exploration and not for mass group type events, although you can group up with friends.

I have played Eve 8ish months on and off in total so i have done abit of everything and its still tiny in comparison, most activities you do are basically browser games, pretty much no interaction at all, you can't explore the planets/moons or anything, even WH space all you do is a little bit of scanning then go through, maybe save a few bookmarks.

In terms of size alone no mans sky is much bigger and is still an MMO although not a traditional one, my main game when finsihed however will be Star Citizen although its size is much smaller than no mans sky due to the level of detail in everything.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by desolator11 View Post
    I never played but if it s fully empty copied maps , i can t agree eve is the biggest open world mmo game . U know gw2 got a new exp , which brought 4 big maps with 3 floor , fully explorable (u can use glide , so explorable part is like 3 or 4 x core map combine , played some and didn t face any of inv barries , mind limits ur moves it s oversized , also glide came to core maps , explorable parts increased so much ) . Think gw2 biggest now

Please don't practice the dark arts of necromancy. -Infracted. Lucetia
    what happened here and why was he infracted?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    what happened here and why was he infracted?
    "Necromancy" or "Thread Necroing" is when you post on a thread that has been dead for awhile which bumps it, "bringing it back to life" (hence the term "necromancy"). Desolator bumped this thread that has been dead for over 3 months already. Don't think it should be worth an infraction (especially for a first offense), but it is a problem.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    "Necromancy" or "Thread Necroing" is when you post on a thread that has been dead for awhile which bumps it, "bringing it back to life" (hence the term "necromancy"). Desolator bumped this thread that has been dead for over 3 months already. Don't think it should be worth an infraction (especially for a first offense), but it is a problem.
    I'm pretty sure thread necro is only a problem when it propagates old and irrelevant information. There is nothing time sensitive in this thread, especially not that 3 months would have affected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm pretty sure thread necro is only a problem when it propagates old and irrelevant information. There is nothing time sensitive in this thread, especially not that 3 months would have affected.
    While it is only a problem with old, irrelevant, and/or misleading information, it's generally easier to draw arbitrary lines on cutoff dates for moderation purposes so that mods aren't tasked with making a judgment call for every, single old thread that gets bumped. So even though there is an occasional thread that gets bumped that seems harmless, it's arguably the lesser of two evils.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    as far as i can find there is no information on size of local instances for no mans sky, no mans sky is primarily designed for exploration and not for mass group type events, although you can group up with friends.

I have played Eve 8ish months on and off in total so i have done abit of everything and its still tiny in comparison, most activities you do are basically browser games, pretty much no interaction at all, you can't explore the planets/moons or anything, even WH space all you do is a little bit of scanning then go through, maybe save a few bookmarks.

In terms of size alone no mans sky is much bigger and is still an MMO although not a traditional one, my main game when finsihed however will be Star Citizen although its size is much smaller than no mans sky due to the level of detail in everything.
    https://repo.nmsdb.info/?info=Multiplayer (a repository of info made by a r/nomanskythegame guy)
    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...ayer-game.aspx
    They say a few people, there's an interview somewhere else that has Sean Murray saying a couple (also game informer).

No Man's Sky isn't an MMO: it has offline mode, you can't have massive amounts of people in the same space, and it really isn't multiplayer in any sense of the word. The game is about going to be as much of an MMO as wikipedia, as the only real things that other player will do for you is document planets. I can't wait for the game to come out, it looks absolutely amazing.
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet mother of necro.

Anyway, No Man's Sky isn't an MMO. EVE cheats, in my opinion. My answer here is probably something like Everquest since it has like 20 expansions, though I've never played it so I can't say how big the world actually is.

The numbers do not lie; EVE Online is unquestionably by and far the largest MMORPG world in existence. This is not even including the 3D space, or the distance between stars.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/18/e...rgest-mmo-map/
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2016-04-08 at 10:04 PM.