7+ Year Old Account

Warcraft Movie Posters

That poster of garona oh my so hot she looks like a human though i thought garona was an orc?
    http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...wcposter06.jpg
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Garona is a half-orc.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Garona is a half-orc.
    Except she looks half-orc/half-human, which she's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    I know what she is, but has Blizzard actually shown what a half-orc/half-draenei suppose to look like?

Tbh, all the stills so far have this "silly" feel to them. The cinematics look pretty cool but somehow the still shots don't manage to capture that well.
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

– Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts

I know what she is, but has Blizzard actually shown what a half-orc/half-draenei suppose to look like?
    No, but they should. Looking at it though I don't even see a trace of draenei. If their official stance is that a half-orc/half-draenei simply looks like "slightly less orc", that's irritating and fumbling the ball on what could be a pretty cool racial design.

My problem is that someone unfamiliar with the Warcraft universe looking at that would be led to assume, upon finding out she's half-orc, that the other half was human instead of some mysterious unknown (movie-wise) other race.

Don't you see the green skin and the ears/teeth! Clearly half orc!

Just like this lady is clearly an alien!

Quote Originally Posted by Malachi256 View Post
    Don't you see the green skin and the ears/teeth! Clearly half orc!

Just like this lady is clearly an alien!
    Your story checks out.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is not so strict with WC1 lore anymore; the movie itself is a retcon. dont bet on Garona as a not half-human.

15+ Year Old Account

This is Garona in the comics atleast. Not far from what is shown.

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Blizzard is not so strict with WC1 lore anymore; the movie itself is a retcon. dont bet on Garona as a not half-human.
    But when would that have happened? As in, when did a human travel to Draenor 20ish years ago and knock up an Orc woman? Did nobody notice this?

But when would that have happened? As in, when did a human travel to Draenor 20ish years ago and knock up an Orc woman? Did nobody notice this?
    it would be more like an orc knocking up a human female

10+ Year Old Account
    My problem is that someone unfamiliar with the Warcraft universe looking at that would be led to assume, upon finding out she's half-orc, that the other half was human instead of some mysterious unknown (movie-wise) other race.
    To be fair, that was Garonas own assumption for quite a while.

Personally I think that poster is the worst of all. A painted human in sexualised pose with a huge sword instead of daggers. Seems .. wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Garona was artificially aged by Gul'dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldavala View Post
    [IMG]http://static2.comicvine.com/uploads/original/1/15659/2613965-garona_halforcen_world_of_warcraft_16_armed.jpg

This is Garona in the comics atleast. Not far from what is shown.
    You're right, she has been shown, and she looks pretty much the same in the movie.

If aliens invade tomorrow and and a gray skined human shows up saying they already have alien DNA would you think too much about it?

It's a big world, humans don't even know where the orcs come from at first, or that it's the very first time those orcs have stepped into Azeroth. They just hadn't fought against them before. A more human-looking orc isn't any weirder than the orcs themselves.

As for what she is to the orcs, a squishy mutant. They don't care where she comes from, she's just not orc enough.

She is the only one who cares about her origins enough to look into it. Which she does much later.

Quote Originally Posted by mizeri View Post
    it would be more like an orc knocking up a human female
    So either a human female somehow went to Draenor, got knocked up, stayed there to have the baby, left the baby there, and somehow came back to Azeroth and didn't think to mention this to anyone.

OR

An orc male somehow came to Azeroth, knocked a lady up, stayed there until the baby was born, left with the baby and somehow went back to Draenor and nobody noticed and either killed the lady who he'd had a child with and spent the entire pregnancy with or she didn't bother to mention this to anyone, and once back on Draenor the orc didn't bother to tell anyone about traveling to another world either.

If aliens invade tomorrow and and a gray skined human shows up saying they already have alien DNA would you think too much about it?

It's a big world, humans don't even know where the orcs come from at first, or that it's the very first time those orcs have stepped into Azeroth. They just hadn't fought against them before. A more human-looking orc isn't any weirder than the orcs themselves.

As for what she is to the orcs, a squishy mutant. They don't care where she comes from, she's just not orc enough.

She is the only one who cares about her origins enough to look into it. Which she does much later.
    I get what you're saying, that in-universe the humans wouldn't stop and raise these questions. That's fair. My problem is that, as we as viewers would not be in-universe, we should have a narrative and character backgrounds that make any damn sense or it comes off as at best lazy/sloppy or at worst insultingly stupid and poorly planned.
    Last edited by Enthusiastic Steward; 2016-04-08 at 07:37 PM.

Deleted
    Plz keep this in the old thread...

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...e-2016)/page94

So either a human female somehow went to Draenor, got knocked up, stayed there to have the baby, left the baby there, and somehow came back to Azeroth and didn't think to mention this to anyone.

OR

An orc male somehow came to Azeroth, knocked a lady up, stayed there until the baby was born, left with the baby and somehow went back to Draenor and nobody noticed and either killed the lady who he'd had a child with and spent the entire pregnancy with or she didn't bother to mention this to anyone, and once back on Draenor the orc didn't bother to tell anyone about traveling to another world either.
    Or just died.

I get what you're saying, that in-universe the humans wouldn't stop and raise these questions. That's fair. My problem is that, as we as viewers would not be in-universe, we should have a narrative and character backgrounds that make any damn sense or it comes off as at best lazy/sloppy or at worst insultingly stupid and poorly planned.
    The characters don't care about her origins. Draenei are irrelevant to the First War. How do you explain her background, which only she cares about and doesn't have any relevance to the plot, without wasting screen time? Simple, you don't. If anyone is curious enough, they'll find out about the draenei by themselves, but I bet most of the audience will just accept that she's different and doesn't fit in either world, which is the point of the character, instead of focusing on what she is and where she comes from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please keep discussion in the Warcraft Movie thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...28June-2016%29