Quote Originally Posted by Virsta1 View Post
    its not up yet. I'm sure they will post about it soon.

- - - Updated - - -

lotm is now affected by crits/wings/mastery and we take about 7% more damage for every cast. Stoicism nerfed by 5%. Only things i've seen so far.
    Thank goodness. I really was not going to be happy with this idiotic ability until I had a good solid tool for lifetapping, err uh, healing, err martyrizing(tm) myself to death. This change should help.

With any luck they'll tweak it soon so that one LotM cast is insta-death to the paladin.

... whereupon the clouds will part, the light will shine down, and a rainbow image of Uther will appear surrounded by unicorns, butterflies and angels - while all hostilities are ceased so that mourning over my heroic passing can appropriately take place.

You know, something subtle and in keeping with the "class fantasy."
    Last edited by Unir; 2016-04-07 at 06:05 PM.

Are people actually enjoying Holy Paladin in Legion alpha? I know I didn't/am not. I have played holy paladin since release, and maybe this is just the burn out speaking but I am tired of it. I was hoping for a lot more change. Probably just me, and the burn out talking. But I am completely switching classes since we got 2 retadins, and I don't like tanking.

Are there any Alpha/Beta Holy Paladin streams or videos done by someone of note? >.>
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatexon View Post
    Are people actually enjoying Holy Paladin in Legion alpha? I know I didn't/am not. I have played holy paladin since release, and maybe this is just the burn out speaking but I am tired of it. I was hoping for a lot more change. Probably just me, and the burn out talking. But I am completely switching classes since we got 2 retadins, and I don't like tanking.
    I'm enjoying it. One thing that I really like is that LoD is relevant. I'm also growing more fond of LoTM the more I play.
    <Encore> Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Saracens View Post
    Are there any Alpha/Beta Holy Paladin streams or videos done by someone of note? >.>
    I probably have some vods up from last Fridays testing. twitch.tv/virsta13
    I love holy paladin and holy paladin culture.

I probably have some vods up from last Fridays testing. twitch.tv/virsta13
    Awesome, thanks brother.
    Summon Apollo's fire, with hell and heaven's might. Then with great force attend, the falling of all men.
    Release this captured world, from point of no return. Destruction has no end, unless you ride again.

Anyone have any videos or logs doing the mythic+ dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Emojuice View Post
    Anyone have any videos or logs doing the mythic+ dungeons?
    I'll be doing some this weekend! I can log and stream it.

I was lucky enough to get into Alpha last week (luck of draw/long time wow player)

I'm assuming that blizz will fix the numbers. But i'm loving the battle healer playstyle for holy

Talent choice
    - 15 - Crusader's might
    - 60 - Aura of Mercy
    - 90 - Judgement of light
    -100 - Beacon of savior

Actually feel like i'm using the full paladin toolkit - every spell has a role. I can heal through damage in melee. and then switch to the recent holy playstyle if damage spikes. And i've always felt there's no point in having plate if you aren't up in the face of the enemy

Only been playing 5man (incl mythic plus) and not tested in raid but can see holy being awesome looking after melee in raids

Quote Originally Posted by Ten View Post
    I was lucky enough to get into Alpha last week (luck of draw/long time wow player)

I'm assuming that blizz will fix the numbers. But i'm loving the battle healer playstyle for holy

Talent choice
    - 15 - Crusader's might
    - 60 - Aura of Mercy
    - 90 - Judgement of light
    -100 - Beacon of savior

Actually feel like i'm using the full paladin toolkit - every spell has a role. I can heal through damage in melee. and then switch to the recent holy playstyle if damage spikes. And i've always felt there's no point in having plate if you aren't up in the face of the enemy

Only been playing 5man (incl mythic plus) and not tested in raid but can see holy being awesome looking after melee in raids
    sadly this playstyle is really only viable in 5 mans and I don't really ever see it working in raids. I really enjoy it in 5 man's though. you should try swapping crusaders might for lights hammer. Then use lights hammer, consecrate, wings and prism for some pretty powerful AoE from a healer.

virsta will you stream raid test today?
    Ohhh Deer,Resto shaman in legion

Quote Originally Posted by Luminelle View Post
    virsta will you stream raid test today?
    sadly I can not raid test today or Monday): work is too busy right now. west coast worst coast for raid testing
    Last edited by Virsta1; 2016-04-08 at 04:59 PM.

sadly this playstyle is really only viable in 5 mans and I don't really ever see it working in raids. I really enjoy it in 5 man's though. you should try swapping crusaders might for lights hammer. Then use lights hammer, consecrate, wings and prism for some pretty powerful AoE from a healer.
    I watched some of your VOD and noticed you moving around a lot. Were you intentionally trying to take advantage of your mastery or was it just a general lack of a strat and positioning in the group you were in? I'll admit I didn't watch all of the pulls and was skipping around a lot so didn't hear the strat or anything.

I think this was on Cenarius.
    Last edited by IxilaFA; 2016-04-08 at 07:31 PM.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

Quote Originally Posted by IxilaFA View Post
    I watched some of your VOD and noticed you moving around a lot. Were you intentionally trying to take advantage of your mastery or was it just a general lack of a strat and positioning in the group you were in? I'll admit I didn't watch all of the pulls and was skipping around a lot so didn't hear the strat or anything.

I think this was on Cenarius.
    To get off good LoDs/mastery. Lack of strat at the beginning but towards the end we knew where to stand. it was mostly finding the biggest clumps of players to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anybody get any logs in? Unfortunately I couldn't get on in time to find a decent group and was put into an lfr quality pug. There seemed to be a rather large amount of bugs compared to previous tests, so I'm not entirely sure too many logs will be super accurate or realistic to how it will be, although this is presumably "alpha" so there is much tuning to do, but having a fight where you spam heal for 2-3 minutes then wipe is no way to test the sustained capability of the spec .

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Anybody get any logs in?
    First boss:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ling&source=48

Second boss:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=5

Second test was bs and we only got one pull in after they fixed the debuff timers. First test had some Prayer of Mending bug that meant holy priests did 1 mil hps but it got fixed halfway through. It''s only really the 2 links thats worth anything.
    Last edited by Leefa; 2016-04-09 at 03:08 AM.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nh9AFpLvMJdcj4BP

Both bosses seemed really buggy and needed a lot of tuning. The first boss chased someone off a ledge and died. Second boss is a fight similar to Four Horseman in Naxx with bosses that had stacking debuffs that you had to separate at least 65 yards, but the debuffs were stacking too fast or the duration was too long and you couldn't actually swap. Like Leefa said, we only got like a pull and a half in after they actually fixed the debuffs, so the logs aren't all that useful for those two bosses.

Also, Divine Steed wasn't working on the 2nd boss for me, so having to waddle 65 yards was pretty miserable. Divine Steed wouldn't have been up for every swap anyway, but it would have been a little better at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamguard View Post
    So having to waddle 65 yards was pretty miserable. Divine Steed wouldn't have been up for every swap.
    Then he waddled away waddle, waddle 'til the very next day.

What do you think the odds are of us taking divine steed over unbreakable spirit or even rule of law(would rule of law actually be useful here)? I didn't get to see the fight but i'm picturing four horsemen and if rule of law gave a big enough range to heal other parts of the room that would be neat.
    Last edited by Emojuice; 2016-04-10 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emojuice View Post
    What do you think the odds are of us taking divine steed over unbreakable spirit or even rule of law(would rule of law actually be useful here)?
    As long as steed has the current cooldown and duration, you will only pick it for mechanics where you have to to survive. It wont be useful in general mobility as the cooldown is too long.
    Rule of law suffers from the same, being a long cooldown and short duration. It wont be enough to make a difference on that fight and there wasnt even enough damage going out. I dont see it ever being useful over survivability.

Quote Originally Posted by Leefa View Post
    As long as steed has the current cooldown and duration, you will only pick it for mechanics where you have to to survive. It wont be useful in general mobility as the cooldown is too long.
    Rule of law suffers from the same, being a long cooldown and short duration. It wont be enough to make a difference on that fight and there wasnt even enough damage going out. I dont see it ever being useful over survivability.
    ;_; But I want a horse, figured it would be like this though.