Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    No no I meant in general. Both scale off Arcane, however I'm using a skill build and the Holy Blade is +10. Just wondering if it was worth leveling up as I have a surplus of mats as I souls farm by co-op'ing with the small bell repeatedly. What's a good skill based weapon? I still have my threaded cane but holy blade out stripped it pretty quickly at +4 even when the cane was +6.
    I like my moonlight blade but I think damage scale wise it is slightly less then the holy blade. I don't care since Moonlight still hits like a truck and has the ranged 2h ability..also IT GLOWS lol.

But I think its damage is slightly less then Holy Blade but I can't remember.

- - - Updated - - -

Really considering picking up Salt and Sanctuary to hold me over until tuseday. It reminds me of Bloodborne and Dark Souls lol. Well that or Enter the Gungeon. Both look fun as hell.

- - - Updated - - -

OMG this is fucken amazing. This was originally posted on the official Twitter of Dark Souls by the DS team.

Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-07 at 10:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Ok, all this discussion is making me realy eager to start playing the DS serie. As usual, i wait a long time before even tackling these kind of games so i can get my hands on the "ultimate collector remastered + all dlc past present and future" edition of them for a low price since i don't mind being late.

Just a couple of questions: what i should be aware of before starting, apart the obvious "monsters" answers?
    Second: i see there is a rogue/thief class - what does involve playing it? I love dagger weapns, are they viable or like in many other games they are just "small swords that deal half the damage and fast attack speed doesn't matter at all"?
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently this game has a shit ton of secrets to be sure to meticulously search each area.

Daggers have really high backstab/riposte damage so while you might not do as much damage with normal hits, you'll destroy things with backstabs. In my experience they do decently with regular hits too. Used to be you could infuse them with Mundane and they would get insane scaling but I think they nerfed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Apparently this game has a shit ton of secrets to be sure to meticulously search each area.

Daggers have really high backstab/riposte damage so while you might not do as much damage with normal hits, you'll destroy things with backstabs. In my experience they do decently with regular hits too. Used to be you could infuse them with Mundane and they would get insane scaling but I think they nerfed that.
    I think i got only "backstab" out of your second sentence oh well, better to died and discover stuff by myself

However, if i am reading it right, the playstyle will be a very mobile one tryong to get always behind monsters/bosses to maximize damage. I like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think i got only "backstab" out of your second sentence oh well, better to died and discover stuff by myself

However, if i am reading it right, the playstyle will be a very mobile one tryong to get always behind monsters/bosses to maximize damage. I like this.
    Oh I just realized you've never played Dark Souls before. Sorry I'm only awake right now because my fire alarm went off at 3 AM >.<

When you get behind certain enemies you'll stab them and go through a little animation that does massive damage. But some enemies are hard to get behind and you can't backstab bigger enemies or bosses for the most part. You can parry some of them for a riposte though.

For your first playthrough I'd probably just suggest going sword and board to get a hang of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    No no I meant in general. Both scale off Arcane, however I'm using a skill build and the Holy Blade is +10. Just wondering if it was worth leveling up as I have a surplus of mats as I souls farm by co-op'ing with the small bell repeatedly. What's a good skill based weapon? I still have my threaded cane but holy blade out stripped it pretty quickly at +4 even when the cane was +6.
    The Rakuyo from Old Hunters is my personal favorite Skill weapon, but the Blades of Mercy from the base game are just a hair behind that. Simon's Bowblade and the Church Pick are also pretty good, and if you build it up right you can annihilate some bosses with the Bowblade's charged ranged attack...but since it costs a bullet per arrow, there is a tradeoff and you can't do it infinitely. The threaded cane is, of course, pretty good. Its a late bloomer though, so you really have to heavily invest in it as its early game PALES in comparison to just using the Hunter's Axe (which is stupidly good). The other skill weapons I didn't really use either because I didn't care for their moveset or seemed redundant with what I already liked.

The Holy Blade is actually more of Strength weapon than a Skill weapon too, but it does scale a bit with Skill. The Moonlight is similarly a Strength weapon, but split with Arcane scaling too. It scales better with Arcane in the transformed super cool looking starry version.

Also bear in mind that the Bloodborne weapon all have certain tags like Serrated or Righteous which means they deal bonus damage to different enemy types (one reason a certain weapon might do more damage versus normal enemies in an area as opposed to a specific boss in that area).
    SWTOR Friend Referral Code: http://www.swtor.com/r/kg3Sch

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Oh I just realized you've never played Dark Souls before. Sorry I'm only awake right now because my fire alarm went off at 3 AM >.<

When you get behind certain enemies you'll stab them and go through a little animation that does massive damage. But some enemies are hard to get behind and you can't backstab bigger enemies or bosses for the most part. You can parry some of them for a riposte though.

For your first playthrough I'd probably just suggest going sword and board to get a hang of things.
    Thanks i'll be playing on PC since i don't have a console for them, hope the ports are good enough (ill play with the xbox360 pad)

Thanks i'll be playing on PC since i don't have a console for them, hope the ports are good enough (ill play with the xbox360 pad)
    If you play DS1 get the mod DSfix so controller support is better and you get unlocked framerate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Such big news for Dark Souls : https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/st...01921476898816

Okay.
    Thats super highly disappointing, Congratz they opened a store that I give zero fucks about.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you play DS1 get the mod DSfix so controller support is better and you get unlocked framerate.
    Will do, thanks.

Will do, thanks.
    There is a mod like that for DS2 but I didn't use it. For me DS2 played just fine with a controller and all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    Such big news for Dark Souls : https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUK/st...01921476898816

Okay.

Get hype! >_>;;

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    The Rakuyo from Old Hunters is my personal favorite Skill weapon, but the Blades of Mercy from the base game are just a hair behind that. Simon's Bowblade and the Church Pick are also pretty good, and if you build it up right you can annihilate some bosses with the Bowblade's charged ranged attack...but since it costs a bullet per arrow, there is a tradeoff and you can't do it infinitely. The threaded cane is, of course, pretty good. Its a late bloomer though, so you really have to heavily invest in it as its early game PALES in comparison to just using the Hunter's Axe (which is stupidly good). The other skill weapons I didn't really use either because I didn't care for their moveset or seemed redundant with what I already liked.

The Holy Blade is actually more of Strength weapon than a Skill weapon too, but it does scale a bit with Skill. The Moonlight is similarly a Strength weapon, but split with Arcane scaling too. It scales better with Arcane in the transformed super cool looking starry version.

Also bear in mind that the Bloodborne weapon all have certain tags like Serrated or Righteous which means they deal bonus damage to different enemy types (one reason a certain weapon might do more damage versus normal enemies in an area as opposed to a specific boss in that area).
    Yeah, i noticed that the holy blade has identical scaling for str/skl. I did see the blades of mercy, just saving up souls for that.
    @Jtbrig7390

I finally managed to kill that old bastard last night. Then killed myself on moon boss so I could continue with the DLC, but now with a fancy new scythe

A little disappointed he didn't give any souls though.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Can't see anything

On a side note, I'm still confused as to what a Paleblood exactly is.
    No real hard facts but it's speculated that old ones or more specifically the Moon Presence is a paleblood since we use it to transcend the hunt in the 3rd ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Yeah, i noticed that the holy blade has identical scaling for str/skl. I did see the blades of mercy, just saving up souls for that.
    @Jtbrig7390

I finally managed to kill that old bastard last night. Then killed myself on moon boss so I could continue with the DLC, but now with a fancy new scythe

A little disappointed he didn't give any souls though.
    Spoiler: The Scythe is shit in damage lol.

I did some Co-Op on him last night for giggles. Mite play abit of BB or DS2 today not sure. Ya he doesn't give souls if you unlock the moon beast. The souls come from that kill. If you try u should be able to finish the DLC by tuseday.

Spoiler: The Scythe is shit in damage lol.

I did some Co-Op on him last night for giggles. Mite play abit of BB or DS2 today not sure. Ya he doesn't give souls if you unlock the moon beast. The souls come from that kill. If you try u should be able to finish the DLC by tuseday.
    The Scythe is one of the best PvE weapons, maybe you didn't use it with a skill build? It's just hilarious to send ogres flying with it
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    The Scythe is one of the best PvE weapons, maybe you didn't use it with a skill build? It's just hilarious to send ogres flying with it
    Damage wise unless they changed it its shit. I will admit I haven't used it since wayyyyyy early after release.

Don't think it was a build issue and I wasn't the only one to say as much. But like I said that was way early after release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage wise unless they changed it its shit. I will admit I haven't used it since wayyyyyy early after release.

Don't think it was a build issue and I wasn't the only one to say as much. But like I said that was way early after release.

As a Skill build, I wasn't too impressed with it either. I pumped it up to a +9, but didn't feel it outperformed the other Skill weapons. There might be a stylistic that didn't click with me, but the damage and range didn't make me want to continue playing with the weapon.