Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seliar View Post
    Nope. The proc itself only generated as much threat as a regular thunderclap. The high threat came from the dmg part.

All of you forget (or don't know in the first place) that in vanilla, there were no melee except rogues in raids and rogues had a passive ability which reduced every generated threat by 20% (they needed 110% threat to pull aggro) and also there were feint and vanish to decrease/reset threat. Paladins had an ability, called blessing of salvation, which reduced threat generation by 30%. Furthermore, ranged dps had to generate 130% of the tank's threat to pull aggro, combined with the blessing it was literally impossible to pull aggro from a good tank, at least as an alliance raider. For horde tanks it might be better than in the hands of a rogue, cause they didn't have salvation, but this doesn't mean that it was a tanking weapon, especially not an iconic one.
    Generated threat was more like close to one Sunder Armor IIRC.

Nice try, though. I've played Vanilla. So thanks for explaining vanilla mechanics that I'm pretty much aware of myself

Again, it doesn't matter if Blizzard intended TF to be a DPS/Rogue weapon or not. (Obviously not because it doesn't have a class restriction...)
    Reality was that most TFs went directly to the guild's main tank at first because it was (intentionally or not) by far the best tank weapon ingame, thus helped the raid the most at times when (main) tanks had priority over everyone else. Like it or not. The players at that time made TF an iconic tank weapon, more so than an iconic rogue weapon. Whether it was the smartest/best decision in retrospect is irrelevant. You can't argue against actual reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Basically what it boils down to at the end of the day is that if you were in a guild that gave thunderfury to dps over tanks(after people knew what it was), you were in a shitty guild.
    ^ Also, this.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

the way this thing is going to look in human females' hands.... jizzus

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Honestly after 9 pages I hate to say it but who the fuck cares? You're all going to transmog the artifact into one of the many already existing 2handed weapons regardless of what new crap they bring out.

The same applies for the T19 set, barely anyone who actively uses transmog uses anything from this expansion (excluding Mythic BRF and the BoA shit). They could release a new set made entirely of faeces at this point.
    Speak for yourself. I think T19 and virtually all the artifact skins for my classes looks great.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    if we are getting this baby, im gonna be happy anyway:

http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...tvlgfus-06.jpg

little gorehowl ftw

All of you forget (or don't know in the first place) that in vanilla, there were no melee except rogues in raids and rogues had a passive ability which reduced every generated threat by 20%
    lololololol.

I've purposefully been staying out of this conversation, but that's the dumbest thing I've read in quite some time. It's also entirely incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    lololololol.

I've purposefully been staying out of this conversation, but that's the dumbest thing I've read in quite some time. It's also entirely incorrect.
    *NEW* Patch 6.4.5: Fury Warriors removed from Vanilla Wow. Retroactively.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

10+ Year Old Account
    I had already expected this.

The wind elementals, particularly those with turban hats (note: worn by hashashins), screamed rogue. Prince Thunderaan and his environment gave it away, especially with the release of Uldum.

They gave Thunderfury to rogues based on appearance and lore. They avoided basing it on mechanics and loot distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    You seem to be not remembering the mechanics of vanilla entirely, and why Thunderfury was definitively a tank weapon
    Thunderfury was definitely not a tank weapon, this is pure bullshit.

back then you had to stance dance to maintain the thunderclap debuff
    OMG, you had to do something as a tank, I'm shocked.

Its all well and good that you played with shitty dps who couldn't pull off you at will
    If you pulled aggro as a lock either you or your tank was shit.

was outpaced while vanilla was still going on for rogues
    Not entirely. There were weapons in naxx which were better in MH, but TF was still the BiS weapon in OH until you could get 105+ dps weapon in BC. BTW the TF was changed to be a 1H instead of MH in the rogue revamp patch. Coincidence?

Go watch Nihilum's world first Illidan. You'll see prot warriors STILL using thunderfury.
    Because this proves anything lol. There is a R1 rogue who does rated arena with warglaives, so they must be the bis weapons still in WoD.

Basically what it boils down to at the end of the day is that if you were in a guild that gave thunderfury to dps over tanks(after people knew what it was), you were in a shitty guild.
    Yeah, we were so shitty we couldn't progress past 4 horsemen. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by chooi View Post
    it was (intentionally or not) by far the best tank weapon ingame
    Just like it was the best dps weapon for rogues ingame at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    It is strange that Rogues get the weapon. Really expected them to be a Warrior weapon.
    Why would an air elemental prince's (who is squishy and agile) weapon be a tanking weapon?

It's also entirely incorrect.
    How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Don't forget that AoE threat via thunderclap was capped at 4. So having something to increase that was huge and such was one of the biggest reasons to keep using the weapon in BC raids.
    Yeah, cause affecting 5 instead of 4 is a really huge deal. Especially that the aoe threat alone wasn't enough to hold threat against a healer. It helped but it wasn't the miracle pill to solve your aoe threat issues...
    Last edited by Seliar; 2016-04-08 at 08:45 AM.

Maybe you should have given TF to your tanks then...
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Honestly, it shouldn't be a skin AT ALL.

I'm not a fan of refusing models, let alone a BLOODY LEGENDARY WEAPON as a skin, AND your telling me it's restricted to Rogues only? What in the literal ****. If anything this should be a skin for warriors if they are set on going down this path, you know, the class that actually USED IT DURING VANILLA?!

God damn, Blizzard constantly amazes me with how they can do one good, then a million god damn wrongs immediately after.

Deleted
    Warriors loved it, rogues loved it, on Shattered Hand EU one of the first TFs ever went to a hunter...
    Let it rest boys, this discussion is pointless and lowers the IQ of everyone reading it.

Maybe you should have given TF to your tanks then...
    Yeah, because with TF you only needed 4 tanks instead of 8.

Why the fuck are you people debating who or what was shit 11 years ago in a thread about a skin for a weapon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Speak for yourself. I think T19 and virtually all the artifact skins for my classes looks great.
    I'm speaking for myself, but just look at how many people used the Dragon Soul tier, then compare it to now. I couldn't put a figure on it if I tried but there's a massive difference. T13 was obviously more popular and it was quite a jump from other tiers but in general this thread is arguing about a skin for a weapon A LOT of people will just transmog over and forget about anyway.

I'm not trying to say the skins are bad, but they will get old. All of them, I was jealous of Ret at one point but with EVERYONE using Mebringer it's gotta be pretty anti-climatic playing a ret in a raid...

lololololol.

No, please don't I have popcorn and marshmellows (like, not kidding they were free at work today) ready..

Yeah, because with TF you only needed 4 tanks instead of 8.
    The missing 4 probably didn't want to join your guild because you handed out TF to Rogues. Who knows...?

/sarcasm off
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Thunderfury was definitely not a tank weapon, this is pure bullshit.

OMG, you had to do something as a tank, I'm shocked.

If you pulled aggro as a lock either you or your tank was shit.

Not entirely. There were weapons in naxx which were better in MH, but TF was still the BiS weapon in OH until you could get 105+ dps weapon in BC. BTW the TF was changed to be a 1H instead of MH in the rogue revamp patch. Coincidence?

Because this proves anything lol. There is a R1 rogue who does rated arena with warglaives, so they must be the bis weapons still in WoD.

Just like it was the best dps weapon for rogues ingame at that time.

Why would an air elemental prince's (who is squishy and agile) weapon be a tanking weapon?

How so?

Yeah, cause affecting 5 instead of 4 is a really huge deal. Especially that the aoe threat alone wasn't enough to hold threat against a healer. It helped but it wasn't the miracle pill to solve your aoe threat issues...
    1. No its not.

2. Its not about "having to do something", its about wasting gcds for no good reason.

3. I want you to read back that third statement to yourself, now try to process it LOGICALLY and then understand why you are utterly wrong by the merits of the statement itself.

4. BIS for one rogues OFF HAND vs. a threat cap multiplier. Are you fucking kidding me?

5. Yeah because you know in those world first guilds they were doing things like that just for kicks on world first progression kills. Bad analogy is bad.

6. Let me guess, tanks didn't get priority on T3?

7. Because rogues have no abilities whatsoever related to thunder or air and warriors do. Not to mention the current warrior class title is skylord...

8. DPS warriors were a thing in vanilla (often better than rogues).

9. It is a huge deal when thunderclap had a six second cooldown and thunderfury helped tremendously to fill in the voids between thunderclaps.

*NEW* Patch 6.4.5: Fury Warriors removed from Vanilla Wow. Retroactively.
    To be fair, Fury basically didn't exist until BWL patch 2 anyway, and didn't see decent itemization until AQ/Naxx. I actually played Arms for the majority of the expansion. Outside of Arms debuff, Fury rose to prominance mainly in BC due to huge haste gains, hit cap and later ArP.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros
    It's also entirely incorrect.
    How so?
    Because I killed KT on a DPS Warrior, and every other raid boss while still relevant. So did a lot of other Warriors, as well as other DPS classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valheru- View Post
    Warriors loved it, rogues loved it, on Shattered Hand EU one of the first TFs ever went to a hunter...
    Let it rest boys, this discussion is pointless and lowers the IQ of everyone reading it.
    Our first went to a Holy Pal, who continued to play Holy Pal while meleeing for the debuff. Granted that was before anyone knew what the bindings were for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    Why the fuck are you people debating who or what was shit 11 years ago in a thread about a skin for a weapon?
    Because we didn't get any substantial alpha changes and it's a slow day (week). Also because people like to throw out random "facts" as absolutes such as saying "rogues were the only melee dps guys!" which is laughably untrue.

Seems like the new TF skin *may* not be available to players.

Shaman Order Hall campaign focuses on the 4 Elemental Lords, in the case of Air, you have to revive Prince Thunderaan to become the new Windlord and aid your cause.

At the end, you can see Thunderaan wearing the new TF.

https://youtu.be/47-dhuCzBB8?t=28m

The legendary quest items for Thunderfury are also used during this questchain.

it is available to Outlaw Rogues as 6-th skin ....

Just occured to me.

What if these "6th skins" are unlocked by doing other classes questlines? This Shaman thunderfury thing has me thinking it, especially since we know rogues get it (not that lore has any part in this, they duel wield the dang things)
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg