Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Sort of annoyed that Balance Druids get a scythe just like affliction warlocks. I understand it's a reference to the "scythe of Elune" but I find it silly for turkey druids to have scythe at all since it generally represents death, which has nothing to do with solar/lunar power.
    A scythe is a tool for harvesting grain, which is about as representative of changing seasons as a weapon can get. It conveniently also resembles the crescent moon, which fits the Druid motif, and is one of the oldest lore weapons in WoW, dating back to the Vanilla Duskwood quests IIRC.

The association with death is a much later advent that is just a play off its symbolism for the harvest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Emphasis on "balance" druids. FeralSynapse makes a good point about Goldrin being associated with the moon, but the stories of his druids and pack form make it out to be a feral type of thing. I wonder if this will be dealt with in the quests or just glossed over.
    I'm sure they didn't give it to Feral specifically because Feral's artifact customization is in the forms and not the weapon, and they wanted to be able to make some cool variants of the Scythe. Or they just wanted it to be visible, since Ferals don't see their weapons much.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    I'm sure they didn't give it to Feral specifically because Feral's artifact customization is in the forms and not the weapon, and they wanted to be able to make some cool variants of the Scythe. Or they just wanted it to be visible, since Ferals don't see their weapons much.
    One word: Worgen. Giving it to a Feral would be a pretty bad idea. It was dealt with right in the announcement, where it says that only a Balance Druid can hope to control the powers of the Scythe and not get overwhelmed by them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The one that annoys me the most is the Hunter artifacts, I just dislike being forced to a gun as Beast Master. I realize that with the Nesingwary Lore and all that shit he used a gun as well as all the Dwarves preferring guns but I just see a Bow being more in tune with a Beast Master...

Warlock always and forever, Necromancer otherwise
    It is better to be feared than it is to be loved, if you cannot have both.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    All rogue artifacts are crap. Chosing a crap over another crap should be easy. And frankly, I will be mogging them away.
    Im not crazy about the rogue weapons either. Staff users hit the trifecta though, man some of those staffs are amazingly bootiful. The hunter gun only has one model I like, but the surv weapon is nice. In the end we have transmog its no different than getting a BiS weapon now and mogging its bad look lol

The one that annoys me the most is the Hunter artifacts, I just dislike being forced to a gun as Beast Master. I realize that with the Nesingwary Lore and all that shit he used a gun as well as all the Dwarves preferring guns but I just see a Bow being more in tune with a Beast Master...
    See I dont get this either, Nesingwary is a big game hunter, not a beast master, he kills them he dont live in harmony with them! Rexxar is a beast master. If nesingwary was the basis for a hunter weapon then it should have been marks, BM is the furthest thing from his big game hunter style I can think of.
    Last edited by RoxyBlue; 2016-04-08 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicrusader View Post
    Always thought that axe would end up beeing Arms artifact... I has an amazing background backing up and they trow us some random new weapon with weird skins...
    Would look amazing with my transmog too. I want that model of Gorehowl badly

I would have personally swapped Doomhammer and Ra-Den. Thrall is more Elemental than anything, and I just happen to love the idea of Enhancement shamans wrecking face with fist weapons.

Other than that, I've got no real thoughts.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

Quote Originally Posted by Shedeo View Post
    I would have personally swapped Doomhammer and Ra-Den. Thrall is more Elemental than anything, and I just happen to love the idea of Enhancement shamans wrecking face with fist weapons.

Other than that, I've got no real thoughts.
    Eh, no, the fist is historically associated with spellcasting shamans in WarCraft. It wasn't a random decision. And while Thrall is more of a caster type now, he certainly didn't start out that way. When he got the hammer, he couldn't cast his way out of an open shack.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Eh, no, the fist is historically associated with spellcasting shamans in WarCraft. It wasn't a random decision. And while Thrall is more of a caster type now, he certainly didn't start out that way. When he got the hammer, he couldn't cast his way out of an open shack.
    His autoattack was a ranged spell. Thrall literally had zero melee abilities at first. Unless I'm remembering my WCIII incorrectly.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

His autoattack was a ranged spell. Thrall literally had zero melee abilities at first. Unless I'm remembering my WCIII incorrectly.
    You're remembering WC3 correctly, but not Thrall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoxyBlue View Post
    Im not crazy about the rogue weapons either. Staff users hit the trifecta though, man some of those staffs are amazingly bootiful. The hunter gun only has one model I like, but the surv weapon is nice. In the end we have transmog its no different than getting a BiS weapon now and mogging its bad look lol

See I dont get this either, Nesingwary is a big game hunter, not a beast master, he kills them he dont live in harmony with them! Rexxar is a beast master. If nesingwary was the basis for a hunter weapon then it should have been marks, BM is the furthest thing from his big game hunter style I can think of.
    Not to get too far off topic but I always felt if they were going to have a melee hunter it should have been bm hunters. You fight right along side your pet and you embody their animalistic nature. On the other hand survivalists can use guns or more likely bow and arrow from the materials they find around them. Marks should use the gun.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

There are really only 2 classes that have really disappointing artifacts to me:

Warrior and Rogue.

The rest are pretty cool overall.

The WORST artifact of them all: Titanstrike the BM gun. I wish they did something unique like Demo Lock's floating skull/Feral & Guardian forms and just gave them a Crossbow with crazy pet skins.

7+ Year Old Account
    BM might be based on dwarf lore, but definitely not Hemet Nesingwary. It takes from the fact that dwarves are titan creations and so is BM weapon. Imo I think they should've made artifact pet for BM.

But for MM it would make zero sense (or at least in the phase when they were suposed to be petless) and thus based even more around Windrunner sisters - they all use bows and no pet. Gun for MM would make no sense. Plus having the lowest emphasis on pet, you can't just go BANG, you need to keep quiet hence bow, while with pet at your side it's not like you would need much stealth.

Gorehowl, being already drop from Karazhan, I think making it would be problem - not only it would be reusing quite well known model, but also the fact from where it is from? The one Garrosh left in Pandaria? The AU one from Draenor? Some time-cursed on from Karazhan again? Why that one and not the other when this would be decided?

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Think it's very strange that doomhammer went to enhance and elemental got some fistweapon, for me it would make so much more sense if it was reversed. Other than that I think it's overall pretty sensible.
    That makes zero sense to me considering ele would rarely use it.

- - - Updated - - -

Thrall is more Elemental than anything
    Everything thrall has done points to him being closer to enhancement than anything. Drek'Thar would be closer to elemental than thrall is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Everything thrall has done points to him being closer to enhancement than anything. Drek'Thar would be closer to elemental than thrall is.
    He's shit with a mace and hasn't used an enhancement spell since TBC I think (or technically a LOT further back than that)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    He's shit with a mace
    Sure if you compare him to someone like garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Fury did at least get a vaguely Gorehowl-looking axe in the most recent Alpha patch:
    http://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/screen...tvlgfus-06.jpg
    Yeah, that thing looks awesome. It's rare I choose an axe over a sword, but that model is just too good.

Outside of warrior I'll be picking the most lore heavy weapons for my characters though (Ashbringer, Doomhammer, Felo'melorn and the ruined version of frostmourne, which I'll be mogging).

Turning frostmourne into two different swords was a poor choice imo, doesn't even feel like frostmourne. I'd take shadowmourne over those two weapons any day.

Quote Originally Posted by UnluckyAmateur View Post
    Sure if you compare him to someone like garrosh.
    Yes, because he should be comparable to garrosh given he was a warrior and is now supposedly a fantastic shaman who specializes in melee combat, if him being enhancement is really to be believed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Deleted
    Am I the only one disapointed by Restoration Druids ?

To me it looks more like a corrupted dead branch. None of the skins are floorish and "pure". Why do we get a thorn / jungle looking weapon ?

I would have loved something more simple, with leafes and flowers everywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Kalsen View Post
    Am I the only one disapointed by Restoration Druids ?

To me it looks more like a corrupted dead branch. None of the skins are floorish and "pure". Why do we get a thorn / jungle looking weapon ?

I would have loved something more simple, with leafes and flowers everywhere...
    Because it's a wild plant, not some domestic flower meant to look pretty.