Thread: The Division

Quote Originally Posted by GoKs View Post
    That +4000 is just the BONUS from the set, the set pieces will most prob also have a fuckton of tech on them, we dont know how the individual pieces looks like yet, so there is no telling.

P.S why is this thread not a MEGATHREAD? What is the difference?
    OP didn't type Megathread next to the title
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought admins did that...

Yeah I can't change it.

10+ Year Old Account
    April 12th can't come soon enough!

I am fully prepared. I capped PXC, min/maxed all of my gear and am ready to hit Incursions with my friends.

245k DPS and 78K Health, I'm ready to be the bullet-whore. Luckily one of my friends is full on support and loves it.

Deleted
    That +4000 is just the BONUS from the set, the set pieces will most prob also have a fuckton of tech on them, we dont know how the individual pieces looks like yet, so there is no telling.
    I'm just not sold by the skill power one. The cap is already pretty easy to reach, so an extra 4000 isn't really doing it for anyone, maybe re-roll your backpack from that 5000 skill power to using a firearms mod and armour on backpack? It just feels lackluster imo. You could argue that the 4 pc bonus would mean you only need 20k skill power, but given how skill power builds are used atm (In DZ) keeping up that bonus will be extremely difficult outside of speed runs, where you are constantly pulling mobs.

I'm just not sold by that one.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    And then there is the issue with me having 10k skillpower and already providing 65% crit damage... so it's a 35% crit damage difference.

If I'd use skillpower backpack/mask and one electronic item, I'd probably already have 90%-100% or something as it caps out rather early and you'd only get crit chance from pulse.
    Hahaha. No.

You are way off there bud. Even at 32k skillpower, the pulse crit chance is only at ~33% and ~76% crit damage. Please stop spouting off bullshit that isn't even true just because you think it's a bad idea.

We don't know how the CM version of Incursions will be. There is a chance that you might need someone in your group with the Tactician gearset to spam certain abilities to keep your group up or keep enemies chain CC'd.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    We don't know how the CM version of Incursions will be. There is a chance that you might need someone in your group with the Tactician gearset to spam certain abilities to keep your group up or keep enemies chain CC'd.
    IMO, if any strategy set forth by the devs requires you to keep enemies in a constant state of CC, then that's just bad and lazy game design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    IMO, if any strategy set forth by the devs requires you to keep enemies in a constant state of CC, then that's just bad and lazy game design.
    Agreed, Skill diversity is part of the fun of this game for me. If my whole team needs to run with flash sticky just to get through here that'll be pretty annoying.
    Battletag(US): Bradski#11752
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    What do you call a tsundere Wookie? Chew-b-b-baka

10+ Year Old Account
    What are people doing with their green and blue division tech? I've not seen it mentioned anywhere that they are changing the crafting numbers for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea it is going to be good, just hope we get some more info on the setpieces before the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Agree and its one reason why I feel incursions are going to flop.

Group Member: Hey guys lets CC rotate for 15waves and hope to god it doesn't stop. If it does stop and we wipe on wave 14 thats a hour gone since there is no checkpoints. Thanks to a new add they added you can't hide in cover.....

Ontopic: They said NM Incursions are going to be as hard as CM's, So I am going to say CM Incursion is going to be a special kind of cluster fuck.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Agree and its one reason why I feel incursions are going to flop.

Group Member: Hey guys lets CC rotate for 15waves and hope to god it doesn't stop. If it does stop and we wipe on wave 14 thats a hour gone since there is no checkpoints. Thanks to a new add they added you can't hide in cover.....

Ontopic: They said NM Incursions are going to be as hard as CM's, So I am going to say CM Incursion is going to be a special kind of cluster fuck.
    But do remember that once you are decked in ilvl 32 gear and or set items, you are going to say they are too easy, like the CM's are for those with min/maxed gear and weapons. Heck I dont even have ilvl31 gear and me and my buddy can 2man lincoln tunnel CM, it takes a bit longer, but it is doable. So the first few weeks is going to be rough, after that it is going to be a tearfest because we have nothing to do....

But do remember that once you are decked in ilvl 32 gear and or set items, you are going to say they are too easy, like the CM's are for those with min/maxed gear and weapons. Heck I dont even have ilvl31 gear and me and my buddy can 2man lincoln tunnel CM, it takes a bit longer, but it is doable. So the first few weeks is going to be rough, after that it is going to be a tearfest because we have nothing to do....
    Thats with any content in any game ever.

Once you outgear it then its easy. That doesn't change the fact its may be overtuned for those without set gear. Ya me and my buddy two mained LTCM as well awhile back. We had less gear back then but it was fun and it took us about a hour.

Really stupid easy way to deal with tunnel part is to leave one guy alive from the first way. Keep him alive until the countdown is over and then kill him. If you do that you avoid fighting alot of shit.

Just have one person res the other who is taking the shots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats with any content in any game ever.

Once you outgear it then its easy. That doesn't change the fact its may be overtuned for those without set gear. Ya me and my buddy two mained LTCM as well awhile back. We had less gear back then but it was fun and it took us about a hour.

Really stupid easy way to deal with tunnel part is to leave one guy alive from the first way. Keep him alive until the countdown is over and then kill him. If you do that you avoid fighting alot of shit.

Just have one person res the other who is taking the shots.
    Yea, or just keep the LMG guy alive and fire some pistol rounds every now and then, he will stay behind cover and brag about killing you for 1min30 lol. Just make sure there is no grenadiers still alive, that fuckers is annoying, and has more grenades then I have bullets... But I will give NM Incursions a go once it hits, and then see what gear drops, looking forward to some upgrades, without having to craft every HE31 gear piece.

Yea, or just keep the LMG guy alive and fire some pistol rounds every now and then, he will stay behind cover and brag about killing you for 1min30 lol. Just make sure there is no grenadiers still alive, that fuckers is annoying, and has more grenades then I have bullets... But I will give NM Incursions a go once it hits, and then see what gear drops, looking forward to some upgrades, without having to craft every HE31 gear piece.
    ill try it when I take a break from DSIII but I am not getting my hopes up.

From what they have said and shown its just horde mode.

Deleted
    From what they have said and shown its just horde mode.
    To be fair, the mode could be anything, what matters is that gear increase, it's a looter at the end of the day, what gets me more and I know im jumping to conclusions here, I was expecting the set bonuses to be pretty situational, to the point where you "might" pick a HE talent on gear over the set bonus, but now it just looks like all HE gear is going to be useless because the set items are just so good. Unless they have very very low base stats, which seems unlikely everyone will be pretty much using the same items

Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    To be fair, the mode could be anything, what matters is that gear increase, it's a looter at the end of the day, what gets me more and I know im jumping to conclusions here, I was expecting the set bonuses to be pretty situational, to the point where you "might" pick a HE talent on gear over the set bonus, but now it just looks like all HE gear is going to be useless because the set items are just so good. Unless they have very very low base stats, which seems unlikely everyone will be pretty much using the same items
    To me its both, I'm not going to care about the loot if what I got to do to get it is boring as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    It's active premanently during prolonged fights 100% of the time anyway.

The set is usefull on exactly 1 member in a team and if you run Smartcover + Pulse, you can't run heal and vice versa.
    2 skills are simply not enough to make full use of skillpower in this game.

And then there is the issue with me having 10k skillpower and already providing 65% crit damage... so it's a 35% crit damage difference.

If I'd use skillpower backpack/mask and one electronic item, I'd probably already have 90%-100% or something as it caps out rather early and you'd only get crit chance from pulse.

I...know? The use is rather limited nonetheless. It's helpful, yes, but it has to go up against 45% damage (sentry) or even 80-90% damage (striker, if the fight lasts a bit longer than current CM fights)
    i have 22k spellpower and my pulse gives just under 30% crit and 53.50% dmg on my pulse, i don't know where your getting your stats from, the more skillpower increases the effectiveness of the skills so with this new set it should be easy to grab 30k plus skill power and maintain a healthly 200k plus dmg with around 2k electronics to make sure any weapon talents are active.

im pretty sure the cap is in the 40-50k range for skillpower
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I honestly feel like the set bonuses are way to strong (at least the damage sets anyway). +100% crit damage? +45% overall damage after three landed headshots? Increasing damage buff that stacks all the way up to 100%? I mean come on! These sound absolutely ridiculous, especially in the DZ! I don't think Massive knows how to tune things correctly. Most people are going to be running all Striker, all Sentry, or a mix of the two because the amount of damage they allow you to pump out is INSANE.

And don't even get me started on how useless the tactician's set is if you are geared for skillpower/electronics already. Granted, it will allow people to stack less SP/Elec and put more points towards dps and health oriented stats, but still. The whole set just seems kind of wasted considering there is a cap on all your abilities (minus healing abilities I believe).

The two damage oriented sets are MUCH better than the solo set and support set in pretty much every aspect of the game, DZ included.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-04-08 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yeah, and no equivalent defensive boosts.

Gonna be bursting down players even through Survival Link now.
    The game is quickly becoming all about "Burst everything down in a second or two" and absolutely nothing else. It's already becoming extremely stale and boring. Hell, already pretty much the only thing you see people running outside of high firearms/dps builds is the one shot sticky bomb build in the DZ and the occasional high skillpower build for buffing a squad in CM's. Any other builds are either pointless or just a way for a few people to screw around with things when they get bored.

If we keep seeing huge damage buffs like this with every update and nothing to the other aspects of combat (defense, abilities, strategies, etc) this game will be dead in a hurry. It makes it all very narrow and boring on how to play the game. Reminds me a lot of Guild Wars 2. In that game, everything became about the maximum amount of damage you could do in the shortest amount of time possible to just burn through all the content as fast as possible which allowed you to ignore most mechanics and strategies. The berserker meta they called it. All other builds were basically nonessential and only added "fluff". Made the game boring hella fast. And if I'm not mistaken, the game is STILL that way outside of raids to this day.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-04-08 at 11:56 PM.