Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    How many people wanted more of the show Firefly?

"I want" does not override "We don't want to." Not in the real world of adults, anyway.
    Tell that to Valve and DOTA the real life, I want to we don't want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    We've now arrived at armchairs.

This thread has officially gone too far.
    No, it's delivering humor in bucketfuls!

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It might be but my personal opinion--and only that--is that a couple of million does seem crazy if it's going to cost anything.
    And there is lies the question. These past few days have been quite intriguing, and might havepossibly, and I say that quite cautiously, catalyzed an internal discussion about legacy realms at Blizzard. Discussing the cost/long term impact would be the next step, but this is all theory. They might just be shrugging all of this off without a care.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    You will never have a start up, so why bother dreaming about it?
    Uh Oh, shots fired. Leave the angst at home. Your argument is flimsy and has no basis in the reality of a Gaming Company.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Most of that is fake though, just look at the names... There are names like Fuck Blizzard and such...

It's just illegitimate spam.
    I have looked at the names and they all seem legit to me, so I reject your comment.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Why do people defend the "depth" of vanilla so much? On Nostalrius, you was basically obliged to design your character by forum stickies. You had to have certain build and BiS gear. There was no variability. Playing vanilla after 10 years is a min-maxing chore. There's nothing fun about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    This was hush hush too. Blizzard hasn't commented on it, we have.
    This is certainly not hush hush in the way Imeant, none of the other server kills I have seen have had anywhere near this much attention in only a few days, for the most part the players keep to themselves, this time this topic has been allowed up and there are topics on the cesspit known as the general forums, a topic in the EU forums was even "supported" by Blizzard (They let the topic stay up so long as people stuck to that, like here). Blizzard never comments on anything, which is a shame.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Uh Oh, shots fired. Leave the angst at home. Your argument is flimsy and has no basis in the reality of a Gaming Company.
    And you shot first Gweedo. Take it or leave it.
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

See the saying is about demand of a product.
    You are not in any position to demand something from a company unless you have been legally wronged by them. They will give it to you if they want to, you can only ask, not demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Because knifing babies is wrong.
    Not in this case.

There is something worth preserving here. They know it. You want something different. You don't need to live in our world, or see it as a threat.
    Why is preserving what these pirates have of any value to Blizzard? Blizzard gains nothing by that, so why should they let that influence their decision? No, this is an illegitimate competitor that can be killed by legal action. Headshot!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    Why do people defend the "depth" of vanilla so much? On Nostalrius, you was basically obliged to design your character by forum stickies. You had to have certain build and BiS gear. There was no variability. Playing vanilla after 10 years is a min-maxing chore. There's nothing fun about it.

Nonsense. My hunter had an out-of-the-box spec and I did quite well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    I have looked at the names and they all seem legit to me, so I reject your comment.
    Oh really?

https://www.change.org/p/michael-mor...ty/c/429347378

Poor guy, his parents must have really hated Blizz, being stuck with this name and all...

But it's cute you think names and people are real there, made me smile.

No it's not. Blizzard need mathematical proof of our claims, which we are now providing. We can thank the Nostralius community for this. I truly loved vanilla WoW, and they understand exactly how I feel.
    Hahahaha, hold on. You're now saying not only are you entitled for Blizzard to refute YOUR claims, but in the 11+ years of WoW, there's NEVER been data to take from pirate servers before Nostralius.

Your delusions know no bounds, bravo /golfclap.

I suppose Blizz will need some evidence proving that many people would be willing to pay for a vanilla legacy server.
    They don't "need" it. I'm positive they've done the number crunching of what would the estimate be of people who would pay, and, once again, they figured out it would cover the cost/time to develop the server, let alone maintain it.

Fine. Ignore the fact that we are discussing an 11 year old game with so much passion that it has drawn the attention of hundreds of thousands of people.
    Your passion don't pay the bills.

It's evidence of popularity, but not necessarily proof.
    ...No, it's evidence of how many viewed the thread. There's no qualification someone needs to click on the thread.

You yourself despise the mere suggestion of legacy servers. I wonder why.
    Because you people have literally nothing better to do than to retread old ground. And by people, I mean a myriad of other names that are more fitting.

Yes, the popularity of past versions of WoW proves that the current version of WoW is lacking something.
    Except it's not popularity - it's a vocal minority crying nostalgia, remembering all the "good" parts and leaving out just how many poor gameplay designs there were, and QoL changes. Bloating the action bar with the same spell but different ranks? Oh yeah, I miss that.

That's not good PR. I have no doubt that Blizzard will improve their current model in Legion, but there is no need for vanilla WoW to fade into obscurity when so many people still love the game.
    Stop using "many". There's no number to "many". Your presumed number of 150k has no qualification of "active".

This is where you are wrong. They will listen. Whether they agree to pursue a certain course of action or not is another story.
    THEY'VE HEARD YOU. You've been heard, when the same dopey faced mope at Blizz con walks up to the mic during Q&A, the multitude of threads on both official and unofficial forums. They've acknowledged you a multitude of times, and yet you're still here with your fingers in your ears and stomping your foot.

Old games are preserved. You can emulate games from the 8 bit or 16 bit era, for example.
    Yes and those too are in an (il)legal grey area. Will they take action against all the sites? No, but does that change what they are? Not at all.

People still play SNES and Genesis games. Do you know why? Because some games are timeless (some art never ages), like some sports never get old.
    They're also cheap and refuse to pay 5$ or whatever on the Nintendo Store online.

This all seems to be lost on you. How tragic.
    Nah. I was content before, during this post, and after I post it. I've literally lost nothing (except maybe time) by interacting with a person like you. And by person, I mean a multitude of other names I could think of.

you move on, you mean. You need to find new prey.
    No. I meant what I said, because I'm not a lonely melodramatic pseudo-intellectual.

150k subs on a private server hosting an 11 year old game. That proves there is still a demand for that product.
    They aren't subs - they didn't pay for anything.

Remember what I said: the giants of old all shared the same fate. You are completely blind to what many people deeply desire. You call that refusing to grow up.
    This is so cringy..

I am not being rebellious. I am merely making a suggestion based on evidence.
    ...No, you weren't. You wanted to make a stance. On what, I have NO idea, but seeing as how you avoid answering the question directly, I can only assume that you're so emotionally charged that you so read what I said in a laughable way. Pardon me.

CHORTLE CHORTLE CHORTLE

I moved on a long time ago. I just want a game that changed lives to be preserved.
    "I moved on, I just want to control of the thing I've moved on from."

I know you'll never admit to how sad this is... but it's sad.

Oh really?

Poor guy, his parents must have really hated Blizz, being stuck with this name and all...
    What I want to know is when did England invade Sweden and establish "Blizzardsuckscockville"?
    Last edited by Monstercloud; 2016-04-08 at 09:55 PM.

If that's the case, then why not leave private servers in peace? They are an irrelevant minority according to you.
    Read about copyright and trademark laws, and you'll know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldam View Post
    MPQ is a type of compression like RAR or ZIP, though it's Blizzard's personal type (Though after MoP they stopped using it) and from my experience they are not encrypted, Blizzard actually has no problem with people using resources from them provided it doesn't effect online game-play (So machinima, custom WC3 maps and skins, etc. are fine.) or infringe on copyrights (Which private servers do).
    I disagree, but I don't have time to wade through the issue right now, it would be actual homework, and I've wasted enough time laughing at this thread today.

Quote Originally Posted by johnyderp View Post
    Same reason people play Super Metroid instead of Other M or a similar comparison, they have more fun playing it regardless of flaws/advantages.

Infractions: 2

And you shot first Gweedo. Take it or leave it.
    So you called me a Gweedo. Do i get offended now? I don't....

alksjdalskjsadlkjas

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear lord, 300 odd pages about a server running bloody Vanilla WoW.

Oh really?

Yeah well, it is impossible to prevent the odd immature bad apple from making a comment. Freedom of Speech. We are not N*zis.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    You are not in any position to demand something from a company unless you have been legally wronged by them. They will give it to you if they want to, you can only ask, not demand.
    I can demand, I paid for Vanilla I demand the product. Pretty simple.