Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Go ahead, I will buy it.
    Too late I've gotten sued and shut down because I'm a fucking idiot and I stole their trademark.

@Actarius, post 6533

If anything, the Poll puts Vanilla Servers in an incredibly positive light seeing as how the Poll was done on a board which is known for its posters' and admins' very strong support for Retail WoW.

This poll would be akin to posting a Poll in the Vatican City about Vatican's stance on the subject of Rabbi Baal Shem Tov being declared a Saint by the Catholic Church, and the poll returning over 50% "yes".

Also, I played Nostalrius and I am one of the oldest members of this Forum having registered in Feb 2009.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Its their game they decide what to do live with it you cant change it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    If anything, the Poll puts Vanilla Servers in an incredibly positive light seeing as how the Poll was done on a board which is known for its posters' and admins' very strong support for Retail WoW.
    Have you been reading the 60000000000 threads a day about how wow is dying in the general forum? I don't know how you missed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Too late I've gotten sued and shut down because I'm a fucking idiot and I stole their trademark.
    Did you also advertise it? I bet you did genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    @Actarius, post 6533

This poll would be akin to posting a Poll in the Vatican City about Vatican's stance on the subject of Rabbi Baal Shem Tov being declared a Saint by the Catholic Church, and the poll returning over 50% "yes".

Also, I played Nostalrius and I am one of the oldest members of this Forum having registered in Feb 2009.
    Polls also said that Clinton would have won Michigan. Polls can be wrong and misleading.

Have you been reading the 60000000000 threads a day about how wow is dying in the general forum? I don't know how you missed them.
    Let's dig up all the polls where WoD is dragging in the mud. Oh but we're just all fanbois.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Did you also advertise it? I bet you did genius.
    Yes and I also couldn't actually afford the boobs because they are expensive and my customers weren't actually willing to pay for knockoff playboy.

Until I see a new ork model and the icy content of azmeroff, it isn't their shit.
    Right, that is semantics. They aren't using WoW to market a different game under pretenses, they are using WoW to market WoW and got donations from it. No different than an artist that puts up work of WoW, then get people to donate to them so they can continue to put up art work. Blizzard going to go after them too? They could, but choices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

People only will see what they want to see.

Blizz answered why they're not doing legacy servers during the same Blizzcon Q&A that WoD was announced. Just because people have short memories doesn't change that they explained exactly why they aren't doing it. Go watch for yourself. It was Celeston or Ghostcrawler who said it. They were both sitting in the Q&A and I don't remember which one said it.

As for why those boys are in trouble. It's illegal. I'm sorry if you liked what they did, but it doesn't change the fact that they broke the law. Reality can suck. They're learning it the hard way. Blizz owns that content & it's no secret those private servers aren't legit. They got caught. Sucks to be them.

All that matters is what Blizzard wants to do. It wouldn't matter if every single person who ever played WoW said they wanted a legacy server. "No" means "No". They own the intellectual rights and that's that.

It's funny watching all these people acting like their fighting some crusade or something. It's a freaking game. Go play some other (legal) game if you don't like the current version of WoW.

It's even more ridiculous that people act like "I unsubscribed" or "i'm not buying X now!" means anything to Blizzard. You either were going to buy it or you weren't. If some goofy illegal server made you quit or not buy something, you weren't very dedicated to that purchase in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Right, that is semantics. They aren't using WoW to market a different game under pretenses, they are using WoW to market WoW and got donations from it. No different than an artist that puts up work of WoW, then get people to donate to them so they can continue to put up art work. Blizzard going to go after them too? They could, but choices.
    Facts are semantics now. I see the exact direction this is going. WHAT THE FUCK IS A GWEEDO TELL ME BECAUSE I HAVENT TANNED IN HOURS

Quote Originally Posted by Deficineiron View Post
    after reviewing your account history

Join Date 2016-04-08
    Last Activity Today 05:57 PM

instant horde avatar of course.

your first post, sort of an internal paper of talking points on why private servers are bad, and now specific ideas which are original enough to have come from inside blizzard, I do wonder if you are astroturfing. Once the forum uproar started, it might take 24 hours to get someone on the job, and your very first post was so odd as to be a tell.

If blizzard is really going to do anything you suggest, particularly with the bnet client, it is going to be a PR fiasco unprecedented for the company. You people are going to guarantee more people look into private servers than ever would have otherwise. You are engaging in a selective enforcement policy of IP issue which does more to damage your 'reputation' with your trueblue fans than skipping a raid tier!!

the most ironic part is I bet folks within the company are opposed to this, but they have no influence on policy. I bet some of them played on nost as well.

Yes, you are nearly a fortune 500 company, and yes, fortune 500 companies can spectacularly misread how far they can prod customers before the customer pushes back.

and, fyi, while I sincerely admire Bobby Kotick's career, I don't think he has ever understood why WoW the MMO worked up through 2.4.x.
    I have already told you once before, I do not work for Blizzard or their associated companies. I am a university student, and I live in the UK. There are no Blizzard offices here in the UK; the nearest is in Cork, Ireland, which is a totally different country.

By stating "you people", I guess you are referring to Blizzard, but please don't tie me into a company I don't work for, assuming I am some kind of "undercover boss".

I've said my piece, however if people wish to speculate on my background then that is their choice, however you are incorrect.
    Last edited by Kranagg; 2016-04-08 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Powk View Post
    Dear lord, 300 odd pages about a server running bloody Vanilla WoW.
    @ No interest in private servers as a whole.
    @ it wouldn't generate income
    @ You think you do but you don't.

THE TIME HAS COME, BLIZZARD. PROFIT OFF OF IT NOW!1!

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    @ No interest in private servers as a whole.
    @ it wouldn't generate income
    @ You think you do but you don't.

THE TIME HAS COME, BLIZZARD. PROFIT OFF OF IT NOW!1!
    Now this is one of the funniest comments here. You do realize many of us commenting are against it? Right? Right???!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Why is preserving what these pirates have of any value to Blizzard? Blizzard gains nothing by that, so why should they let that influence their decision? No, this is an illegitimate competitor that can be killed by legal action. Headshot!
    This game changed lives. That's why it's worth preserving.

This argument might not resonate with you, but it will with Blizzard. "They" will consider the evidence.

Now I have to deal with a relentless predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    You're now saying not only are you entitled for Blizzard to refute YOUR claims...
    I'm not entitled to anything.

They don't "need" it. I'm positive they've done the number crunching of what would the estimate be of people who would pay, and, once again, they figured out it would cover the cost/time to develop the server, let alone maintain it.
    If a vanilla server is extremely cheap to maintain, and if there is a demand for it, Blizzard can justify it. It's pure math.

Your passion don't pay the bills.
    Yes it does. Some dreams never die.

...No, it's evidence of how many viewed the thread. There's no qualification someone needs to click on the thread.
    A topic that draws the attention of hundreds of thousands of gamers is worth consideration.

It's tragic that you disagree.

Because you people have literally nothing better to do than to retread old ground.
    Old ground, as in better times, you mean.

Except it's not popularity - it's a vocal minority...
    Or a large minority.

Stop using "many". There's no number to "many". Your presumed number of 150k has no qualification of "active".
    It proves that there is a demand for vanilla servers. Many people at least want to experience that experience. That shows there is something worth preserving.

THEY'VE HEARD YOU.
    It needs to be viable. If emotions don't matter, which they do, then demand does.

Yes and those too are in an (il)legal grey area. Will they take action against all the sites? No, but does that change what they are? Not at all.
    Old games are preserved because many people love them, and want to remember them, and the genius that was poured into them. That's something that shouldn't be forgotten.

They're also cheap and refuse to pay 5$ or whatever on the Nintendo Store online.
    That's quite impressive for ancient games.

Nah. I was content before, during this post, and after I post it. I've literally lost nothing (except maybe time) by interacting with a person like you. And by person, I mean a multitude of other names I could think of.
    /wink

They aren't subs - they didn't pay for anything.
    By your own admission, ancient games can still make money.

...No, you weren't. You wanted to make a stance. On what, I have NO idea, but seeing as how you avoid answering the question directly, I can only assume that you're so emotionally charged that you so read what I said in a laughable way. Pardon me.
    I'm not a machine. I won't apologize for it.

"I moved on, I just want to control of the thing I've moved on from."

I know you'll never admit to how sad this is... but it's sad.
    According to you. Vanilla WoW is worth preserving.

It's tragic that you disagree.

Your hostility to the mere thought of a vanilla server is very telling.

Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    All that matters is what Blizzard wants to do. It wouldn't matter if every single person who ever played WoW said they wanted a legacy server. "No" means "No". They own the intellectual rights and that's that.

It's funny watching all these people acting like their fighting some crusade or something. It's a freaking game. Go play some other (legal) game if you don't like the current version of WoW.

It's even more ridiculous that people act like "I unsubscribed" or "i'm not buying X now!" means anything to Blizzard. You either were going to buy it or you weren't. If some goofy illegal server made you quit or not buy something, you weren't very dedicated to that purchase in the first place.
    Not saying this in support of legacy servers or anything, but with Blizzard "no" doesn't mean "no".

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I don't think your anus would be prepared for their team of lawyers. No one's is.
    I don't care, honestly. They can't get blood from a rock, I'm on state disability good luck getting the governments money from them. I'm untouchable. I owe like 100k in medical bills, no one can touch me on. Think Blizzard scares me? Please.

I broke my back and hip at work. I have no taxable income, I will never have future income, and if that's not pathetic enough my penis doesn't work. So fite me IRL Blizzard and I will walk anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Look at all the white knights in this thread defending blizzards decision to shut it down
    and then you said

we all know it's illegal
    Then the fact it was shut down should be of no surprise to you.