Poll: What should I feel?

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    You might consider it to be waste, others might not.
    Feeding human food to a dog, food not meant for the dog, is a waste, people who think otherwise, are wrong.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Define "asswhooping" for me then because that to me sounds like "beat the kid and break bones" where I come from. My father never laid a hand on me and demanded respect because he raised me properly and set stern rules with punishments should I have disobeyed them. But the difference was his rules were fair.

Also you can come off the oh so sly "liberalzzzzz esss jaayyy double yews" shit you're throwing into your posts. It's annoying to read because it has nothing to do with a discussion about proper parenting.
    Agreed, he's one of those "Back in mah day" people. Good parents don't have to beat their child to get a point across, my parents never hit or slapped me and guess what I'm a normal functioning adult working a full time job while starting a side business. If I have kids, I'd have fair rules in place and would never hit my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Agreed, he's one of those "Back in mah day" people. Good parents don't have to beat their child to get a point across, my parents never hit or slapped me and guess what I'm a normal functioning adult working a full time job while starting a side business. If I have kids, I'd have fair rules in place and would never hit my kids.
    The only issue here is that you're assuming every child is exactly the same and you can apply the exact same technique and have 100% the same results. I use to think that way and then I had kids. The first one was at times a nightmare and all the stern looks and long talks did nothing. #2 was just a big ol cuddle buddy, very relaxed and passive and much more submissive. Sterns looks worked great on him.

You are free to sit and judge that we were obviously just terrible parents, but the oldest needed a much stronger level of discipline. Around 17 he finally pushed his mother to the point she knocked him on his ass and gave him the I brought you in this world, I'll take you out lecture. Again, I know world's worst parents. But now that he's 23 and calm down 100 fold, he calls his mom his best friend and acts like any other loving son and he and I get along great, because he finally recognized I wasn't out to get him.

It's not always black and white

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem petty OP. Undo the calamity that is your mammaries. It's just cheese dude. You live under his roof. I remember when I was very eager to move out so I can have my house my rules. I should've stayed as long as I could. Don't mess this up over freaking cheese -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Although humans and dogs are similar, their dietary needs are not the same.
    Most of the stuff we eat to enjoy aren't good for our diets.

Deleted
    If it's true that you all replace the groceries, and there's more cheese there, isn't it kind of silly to get upset over that specific cheese? Like, there's some there still if you want it and he'll probably buy more later on.

If anything, I'd be mad at your dad for being a dumbass that feeds cottage cheese to a dog.

10+ Year Old Account
    So many people ignored the dog eating cheese... Thanks to OP writing a subplot.

Anyway, good luck with the dog's health.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I semi share you view, maybe not to such a extreme. I recognize there are some vast differences, between baby boomers (my dad), Gen X (me) and my Mil gen kids. Based on your conversation above, my dad grew up in the days where ass whooping where as common as rain and when they outgrew ass whippings they got slapped across the face or whacked in the head with a stick. All the things that are consider child abuse today.

Since I grew up in the farmlands, and we were about 15 years behind the cool trendy city people. I also got paddlings, even in high school up til I was 17. Hell it was 7 licks or write a 1000 word essay. The 7 licks were the easy way out. It was also a common rule when you went to someone's else house and acted up, they had free reign to whip that ass.

Most city kids hear my story and instantly think child abuse and that I'm somehow scarred and should hate my parents. But I proudly proclaim I never got a ass whipping, head knocking I didn't deserve. So it's a even trade off, those new gens looks at me with pity and I look back at them with more pity. I'm not sure either side is right, but we can take comfort in believing our side is and there side isn't. I personally think I got the better deal, has I entered into the world with realistic expectations and success has been fairly easy.
    One thing I find more and more with these millennials is they do not know how to handle rejection well. These kids who are not taught discipline and are allowed to talk back, be disrespectful to a parent are the ones who snap in school and resort to violence right away because they have no fear of repercussions. I saw evidence of this during teh Baltimore riots when these kids showed no fear of the police or being arrested, They think Jail is cool . Until of course they go there and they cry like little bitches for a few months straight. ( watch the series scared straight) . I am 51 years old. These young people today live a far more sheltered life then they should.

And yes at the time I was punished, I thought my parents were mean and hateful. THen when you mature and grow into a adult, you see realize that they did it for you, and that you deserved the punishment. I received a fair share of ass whippings and beatings, and I deserved every single one. I also knew that my parents were not my friends or my besties. They were there to teach me how to become a adult and how the real world works. These kids today are taught to have very unrealistic expectations from life and then they can not handle reality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    So many people ignored the dog eating cheese... Thanks to OP writing a subplot.

Anyway, good luck with the dog's health.
    Dogs can eat cheese. Even cottage cheese. Even in moderation. I raised and bred mastiffs for over 20 years, was actively involved in rescues and rehabilitation. Cheese is not a issue for a canine. Grapes, onions, chocolate and house plants are as well as any artificial sweetner especially xylitol.
    Cottage cheese is often used if a dog has a upset stomach.

16 asking for permission to eat from the groceries?

The dad is there to provide until such a time the kid is independant. whatever happened to our world?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I'm 26 and bought my first home about a year ago.
    Let me spell it out for you again:
    -I don't know how much a house costs where you live, here one costs about 25.000 euros the cheapest.
    -I don't know your salary, mine is 300 euros (from which, of course, I still get food, clothes, you know, stuff, but if I did not, it would still take me... 83 months of work to get a house? That's almost 7 years if I didn't buy food, clothing etc. because since I did... well, the time increases exponentially)
    -so, as you see, your case is subjective, not everyone can afford a house. You assume that just because you could, everyone can. That's faulty logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why as a person who can post on the internet do you live with your parents?
    it's MMO-Champion everyone here lives with their parents

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Feeding human food to a dog, food not meant for the dog, is a waste, people who think otherwise, are wrong.
    Eating what you like (like cake) is a waste. You should only eat exactly what your nutritionist tells you and exactly the amount, no matter if you like the taste for you. It's made for you. Why would you ever want to eat something that tastes good for you if it's not the best thing for your body made by nutritionists? - your argument, and the answer is "because I don't like x and y but like z". So then, why is it wrong to feed the dog something that doesn't affect his health or kill it if he likes it when you do the same yourself. You waste food. And you like it.
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2016-04-08 at 11:15 PM.

You don't want to live in a place full of shitty feeling.
    And when you can't trust those that live with you, then it's time to move.

Safety and security are prime requisites in any place you live.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You don't want to live in a place full of shitty feeling.
    And when you can't trust those that live with you, then it's time to move.

Safety and security are prime requisites in any place you live.
    The OP is 16 years old .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    16 asking for permission to eat from the groceries?

The dad is there to provide until such a time the kid is independant. whatever happened to our world?
    I ask my self this daily when I watch the news.

Buy a mini fridge for your room and sneak it in when they aren't home.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Eating what you like (like cake) is a waste. You should only eat exactly what your nutritionist tells you and exactly the amount, no matter if you like the taste for you. It's made for you. Why would you ever want to eat something that tastes good for you if it's not the best thing for your body made by nutritionists? - your argument, and the answer is "because I don't like x and y but like z". So then, why is it wrong to feed the dog something that doesn't affect his health or kill it if he likes it when you do the same yourself. You waste food. And you like it.
    People are not dogs, so apples to oranges. And the food was not the persons who dispensed it. Not sure what your poor analogy was meant to prove.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    People are not dogs, so apples to oranges. Not sure what your poor analogy was meant to prove.
    Your statement is equally poor in the implication that dogs are content eating dog food every day and do not sometimes want to eat something different due to taste. Or are you a dog and know intrinsically that dogs could care less about human food? Because any dog owner will tell you that dogs like to have a treat now and then.

Also dog food and human food is made from the same crap, let's not pretend that dog food is some alien substance that falls from outer space that only dogs can digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Let me spell it out for you again:
    -I don't know how much a house costs where you live, here one costs about 25.000 euros the cheapest.
    -I don't know your salary, mine is 300 euros (from which, of course, I still get food, clothes, you know, stuff, but if I did not, it would still take me... 83 months of work to get a house? That's almost 7 years if I didn't buy food, clothing etc. because since I did... well, the time increases exponentially)
    -so, as you see, your case is subjective, not everyone can afford a house. You assume that just because you could, everyone can. That's faulty logic.
    Do they not have financing in the EU?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Cottage cheese should only be given to dogs that have a temporary digestive problem (upset stomach for example), not to "spice up" the food since it's protein from dairy, not meat, and lactose intolerance is a very widely spread thing. Some dogs won't react, but others will experience discomfort, which they can't tell their owners about as the owner keeps feeding them food that isn't meant for dogs in the first place. And even then, when it CAN be good for an upset stomach, I'd still choose bland rice and boiled chicken over dairy...A vet told me cottage cheese CAN be good (provided the dog ISN'T lactose intolerant) but it's not the first thing that springs to mind to treat a bad dog tummy...

If he feels the need to spice up the food for the dog (which is a selfish thing, the dog ain't asking for it) he should do so with appropriate foodstuffs whilst also taking care to not cause a boost in calories.

Sure, it's his house and his rules, but I don't care if I'd been living in my dad's castle with my last dog, I would have told him to not feed the dog shit that's not beneficial to it.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-04-08 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Cottage cheese should only be given to dogs that have a temporary digestive problem (upset stomach for example), not to "spice up" the food since it's protein from dairy, not meat, and lactose intolerance is a very widely spread thing. Some dogs won't react, but others will experience discomfort, which they can't tell their owners about as the owner keeps feeding them food that isn't meant for dogs in the first place. And even then, when it CAN be good for an upset stomach, I'd still choose bland rice and boiled chicken over dairy...A vet told me cottage cheese CAN be good, but it's not the first thing that springs to mind to treat a bad dog tummy...
    If the dog is not lactose intolerant there is no reason to avoid giving a dog dairy, also different dairy products have various amounts of lactose in them. Problems really only exist when dogs are given the wrong types of people food (grapes, chocolate, etc), or are given too much people food, which can create vitamin deficiencies if it's the wrong type of food that is given consistently. Or cause weight gain. Remember that dogs became domesticated because they were scavengers who befriended humans who gave them their HUMAN FOOD scraps. Their food tolerances have evolved to reflect this.

Low-quality dog food is basically corn. "Human food" is oftentimes superior to many dog food brands and there is no need to avoid giving dogs human food entirely, but as the average person does not know how to meet a dog's vitamin and mineral needs (unless they are super dedicated and do an extensive amount of research) and most quality dog foods are balanced around this nutrition, human food is better left as an occasional treat.