Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    robot armies is just an army of sexbots.

as long as we have enough penises we will be fine.
    I love your enthusiasm!

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There will be no need for money when robots finally take all our jobs
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'd rather have those people get educations and be useful than to get handouts for being alive and useless.
    What he says is that automation, no need to have a human perform that function, is the biggest threat to the working force so those people that you are talking about wont have a job to go to not everyone can be the plant manager, business manager. the biggest growth will be in repair until we can auto mate that aswell

Quote Originally Posted by Lareeyon View Post
    I'm sensing a fetish of robots...
    why would we need humans when everyone can have a robot with an os programmed entirely for their own personal needs, an adapting artificial personality designed to be the perfect mate for you and reproduction becomes entirely cosmetic and automated.

every child with a robit mother or father, everyone happy and in meaningful artifical relationships, no one left alone, no more sex crimes as any and every fetish can be fulfilled by a robit and no one is harmed.

people into beastiality can fuck animal robots, furrys can fuck furry robots, pedos can fuck kiddie robots, rapists can rape robots programmed to rp rape scenarios, people with foot fetishes can fuck robit feet.

no more sex crime.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    why would we need humans when everyone can have a robot with an os programmed entirely for their own personal needs, an adapting artificial personality designed to be the perfect mate for you and reproduction becomes entirely cosmetic and automated.

every child with a robit mother or father, everyone happy and in meaningful artifical relationships, no one left alone, no more sex crimes as any and every fetish can be fulfilled by a robit and no one is harmed.

people into beastiality can fuck animal robots, furrys can fuck furry robots, pedos can fuck kiddie robots, rapists can rape robots programmed to rp rape scenarios, people with foot fetishes can fuck robit feet.

no more sex crime.
    The future is either very dark or very bright!

BUT IT WILL BE SEXY.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Sort of like how every job that a machine does, a human used to do as well?

Yet we seemed to have managed to avoid total unemployment and collapse. I imagine the future won't be much different.
    Just want to point out that mechnisation and automation are not the same thing, that is what happened before. Robots taking all your jobs is unprecedented.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

We're well past the point where robots have replaced all necessary human labor, so the solution to this problem has already presented itself. More or less, as our needs get easier to satisfy, we'll develop more needs. And, since one of those needs is status over others through achievement, you can bet that the future of labor is personal servants and unnecessary human labor. Human servants and hand crafted artifacts will be the top Veblen Good and the payment for these services will of course be one's own personal servants.

Yes, a soul crushing economy of bureaucracy will thrive in the absence of required labor. Universal income simply clips off the compulsory participation in the slavery for status game. And I'm not entirely sure this is the future I'm talking about to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats ok, i'll just get a job as a robot hunter. I already have a mustache and expressive eyebrows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    There will be no need for money when robots finally take all our jobs
    Robots will never take all of the jobs. And unless society itself is composed of nothing but robots, there will always be a need for currency in some form or another.

people need to have jobs, id rather have every worker trained for a new job rather than just being replaced by a robot.
    jobs build peoples self esteem, they give people a purpose in life. without one people often become depressed or lazy. Giving them education and allowing people to branch out makes sense. you cant just hand people money, they need to feel like they earned it.

oh and inc Southpark reference

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexw View Post
    Because workers moved up the economic sector ladder.

Pretty much everyone used to work in the extractive sector (growing food, fishing, etc, cutting timber).

We automated that and people moved into the manufacturing sector (basically making goods by hand in factories)

We are now automating those factories away.

There is only one economic tier left, the tertiary or service sector (whether it be doctors, shop assistants, brand consultants), and we are also automating those away.

There literally won't be anything left for people to do. In large enough numbers anyway.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quater...of_the_economy

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    people need to have jobs, id rather have every worker trained for a new job rather than just being replaced by a robot.
    jobs build peoples self esteem, they give people a purpose in life. without one people often become depressed or lazy. Giving them education and allowing people to branch out makes sense. you cant just hand people money, they need to feel like they earned it.
    Eh, give people an option to retire now or continue working for you're income and most will take the former.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Robots will never take all of the jobs. And unless society itself is composed of nothing but robots, there will always be a need for currency in some form or another.
    No, currency will only be needed for luxury, but luxury by definition is not needed. And it won't be the currency like now, it will be something completely different. And creative people will have most of it. Intelligence will be the new sexy. Machines cannot invent stuff they can only produce. So they will produce food, clothes and other basic necessities at no charge to consumers. Because raw materials and energy is also produced (and delivered) by machines at no cost. They will only need repair, which also can be done by machines. Supervision will only be needed in case of occasional clusterfuck. But it will be in the best interest of people to provide it - their livelihood will depend on the whole thing working properly. No monetary motivation will be needed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    Eh, give people an option to retire now or continue working for you're income and most will take the former.
    Or they'll engage in tasks that they would prefer to do instead of following that logic of: Get a job that pays well not what you enjoy doing. Might very well be the next boom of art, literature, and music without the person worrying about that starving artist label.

They've been saying this since the 1970's. The way they saw it back then once machinery really took off and automated a lot of things which prior to that were manual labour, everybody would be working part-time. Full-time work was to be a thing of the past, they said. One part-time job would be enough to support a family, they said. 40-50 years later, this vision has never materialized. I don't imagine it being much different with robots, unless they actually go through with adjusting the economy and take that into account. The main reason I don't see it working out like that is because so many people are obsessed with growth. Economic growth, population growth, industry growth etc. So while there will be fewer jobs available, they'll turn it around and say that productivity has increased (if it does), generating more profits, which somehow magically turns into more jobs in society being available, although it hasn't worked out like that in the last 40-50 years, and anyone who's not working is simply lazy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Thats ok, i'll just get a job as a robot hunter. I already have a mustache and expressive eyebrows.

Hey that's Magnum (the guy who portrays him anyway)

I loved that show as a kid

Err that is being automated too. So programs that do company accounts, others that newspaper write articles, etc.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ites-the-news/

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No, currency will only be needed for luxury, but luxury by definition is not needed. And it won't be the currency like now, it will be something completely different. And creative people will have most of it. Intelligence will be the new sexy. Machines cannot invent stuff they can only produce. So they will produce food, clothes and other basic necessities at no charge to consumers. Because raw materials and energy is also produced (and delivered) by machines at no cost. They will only need repair, which also can be done by machines. Supervision will only be needed in case of occasional clusterfuck. But it will be in the best interest of people to provide it - their livelihood will depend on the whole thing working properly. No monetary motivation will be needed.
    I suppose if you're looking at hundreds of years in the future. But even then I can't see there being no use for currency unless you genetically modify people to be effectively nothing more than drones. Competition, desire, etc, and even luxury are worthwhile characteristics of any society worth living in and those characteristics require a motivational factor. The future you're suggesting seems pretty dystopian.

Deleted
    To be fair, if robots are doing so many of our jobs that it results in such a catastrophe, we'll be so prosperous that giving people free food and services wouldn't even make a dent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    It would be better to kill them.
    Dat Edge tho!