Poll: How much would you really pay for a Classic server?

Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Classic servers as in:
    A: Exactly like it was back in X.
    B: Much like it was, but with the later balance and bug fixes etc*

*without newer spells and talents that came with later expansions though.

For me option A is an absolute no.
    Option B is more enticing, but I still doubt I would play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Difference is you can play said games and still go about them differently...

You do the exact same thing over and over and over and over and over and over again...and you do it over day after day...like zorkuus said...you don't replay the same game over and over day after day for 10 years straight.

You may have a favorite book you read multiple times, a favorite movie you watch multiple times, or a favorite song you listen to multiple times...but you don't do those activities day after day after day...you don't listen to the same song day after day for over a decade...

Am I supposed to feel bad for the community? They were a community formed around a bunch of people who're using pirated software...I didn't shed a tear when the music industry shut down napster...I didn't think *Oh those poor people...that poor community of pirates is gonna fall apart!"

I say good for them...let them scatter into a million pieces...they did something illegal and all of the users should be punished if it were possible...I shed no tears for pirates and hackers...
    I fail to see the relevance of any of the points you seem to be trying to make.

What difference does it make whether a particular person's enjoyment of something is continuous or episodic? Demand for something is aggregated.

And you can be sure I would pirate the hell out of some music and movies if I wanted to listen to them or watch them and nobody was making them available for purchase legally. Good thing almost everything in that realm is commercially available, unlike in the MMO world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Lfd is not necessary, actually going out into the world and finding people is what created community and a healthy friends list.

LFR has been the absolute bane of Warcraft. It's is everything what is wrong with the game today. Welfare epics in a lazy mans raid.

What's the point when everyone is above you.

Like what? Repetitive dailies or the bmah to sink all your free gold?

Why not play a single player game on easy? I think it would be a better fit for you.
    LFD is necessary. You say go out and find friends. I say sometimes I am on when it is dead hours due to Real life commitments. Instead of spamming "LF Healer" for hours on end pressing I and queing is much more efficient. And efficiency is ALWAYS kind.

Because options. If you don't want to fly don't fly.

Repetitive dailies have been around since BC.

Because I have a guild who I play with and friends outside of guild. Why don't you just go out and play with people IRL if 24/7 human contact is what you're after.

Financial standpoint LFR is required. Investors have pretty much said so. You can't financially justify something in a game where only a few % of people actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    LFR has been the absolute bane of Warcraft.
    LFR is no longer part of the gear progression curve. If you feel forced to participate then you're unsocial most likely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Again, you don't need to participate in those. It's all on you if you can't find a decent guild/friends to group up with.
    Do you like the the way you search for dungeons/raids today? Do you feel satisfied after a dungeon/raid clear? Does the LFD/LFR create a better more friendly community?

And yes I know already, no one is forcing me to use the LFD/LFR system. All i'm saying is that its ruining the immersive & epic feeling the game used to have.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, you don't need to participate in those. It's all on you if you can't find a decent guild/friends to group up with.
    Looking for people is what made friends. Guilds are disbanding and dying a death due to people unsubbing or becoming disillusioned with the game.

I really think you've just read about vanilla rather then actually experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevox View Post
    And yes I know already, no one is forcing me to use the LFD/LFR system. All i'm saying is that its ruining the immersive & epic feeling the game used to have.
    What was epic about spamming trade with /LF1M tank for 2 hours? I think your nostalgia goggles are squeezing too tight, loosen them a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    LFD is necessary. You say go out and find friends. I say sometimes I am on when it is dead hours due to Real life commitments. Instead of spamming "LF Healer" for hours on end pressing I and queing is much more efficient. And efficiency is ALWAYS kind.

Because options. If you don't want to fly don't fly.

Repetitive dailies have been around since BC.

Because I have a guild who I play with and friends outside of guild. Why don't you just go out and play with people IRL if 24/7 human contact is what you're after.

Financial standpoint LFR is required. Investors have pretty much said so. You can't financially justify something in a game where only a few % of people actually do.
    Once again you build up a friends list or heaven forbid you take your own advice and ask a guild member, yip they actually existed even in vanilla.

But as said above flying has killed wpvp and interaction. It's not just because I dislike it, it's what it has done to the community.

Fuck the financial side of things, this is mmo champ and not dragons den. Warcraft was booming before they added lfr, they got greedy and decided to cater for every man and his dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    I would play if it was available with current sub money.
    Yeah I wouldn't pay a separate sub, but if I could play on a vanilla server in addition to a regular sub I'd do it.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Srsly OP? Why the fuck would I pay for this if Blizzard is already greedy af with content production.
    Oh and ofc we are already paying a sub fee and get nothing in return ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    ITT: More than half the people who say they'd pay for it who already play on a private server for free lie about it and would continue playing pirate instead of going to the official, because why pay for something you already have for free and already dedicated several hours to?

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I tried playing on the private servers once just to see how different things were back then. As a level 1, I was oom after the first cast. I had to thwack cats on the head with my stick until my mana came back. NO thanks... pass. I think we're a little TOO op now as level 1's but that was just painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't pay a separate sub, but if I could play on a vanilla server in addition to a regular sub I'd do it.
    I think he means by paying the sub (full price) you could also access those servers, and maybe there'd be a discount sub that only allowed access to them. If the OP didn't mean that, then it's just silly to assume people would combine subs for an old obsolete product some people want.

Deleted
    What was epic about spamming trade with /LF1M tank for 2 hours? I think your nostalgia goggles are squeezing too tight, loosen them a bit.
    I took my time to create a good group for heroic dungeons/raids. It took a long time, im not going to lie spamming in trade was painfull. But the reward at the end was awesome because we did something the average person didn't. We had the epics because we put the time and effort into it. After many successful groups i had a LIVING friendlist which eventually made us come together and create a guild. I miss that I always had a friend online that you had some kind of history with. Can you now see beyond the LF1M argument?

7+ Year Old Account
    I took my time to create a good group for heroic dungeons/raids. It took a long time, im not going to lie spamming in trade was painfull. But the reward at the end was awesome because we did something the average person didn't. We had the epics because we put the time and effort into it. After many successful groups i had a LIVING friendlist which eventually made us come together and create a guild. I miss that I always had a friend online that you had some kind of history with. Can you now see beyond the LF1M argument?
    Gotta back up my Swede friend here and say - Indeed it was horrible sometimes to look for a tank or a healer for ages. BUT as stated above,the reward was a dunegon or raid with people who actually enjoyed (for the most) doing this TOGETHER with you. I mean,a 6 hour BRD run wasn't fun cuz' of the instance, but to do it as a team and in the end kill the last boss.. That did something to players,created a bond between the players which sometimes ended up to be a friendship for years.

ALSO - Guild's made a much bigger impact here,even if there was a random "shit" casual guild you always had a group of people you did dungeons with not like nowdays when guildmembers doesn't even have to intercat with each other,you're just there for the perks.

Can you now see beyond the LF1M argument?
    No, I'm older and don't have time for that shit anymore (as much as I liked the game in the past). Different times, different times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    I fail to see the relevance of any of the points you seem to be trying to make.

What difference does it make whether a particular person's enjoyment of something is continuous or episodic? Demand for something is aggregated.

And you can be sure I would pirate the hell out of some music and movies if I wanted to listen to them or watch them and nobody was making them available for purchase legally. Good thing almost everything in that realm is commercially available, unlike in the MMO world.
    You nostalgic people are so funny...you amaze me...no matter how much of a piece of crap something is you nostalgic people can trick yourselves into believing what you like is the best thing since sliced bread.

No matter who tries to tell you otherwise that you're wrong...you think you're right...even the developers of the game itself tells you no but you seem to think you're right...well good for you...you're nothing but a dirty thief and you and everyone else got lucky worse things didn't happen. But in the end of the day you're wrong and your pirated software was shut down. So you lose...just like you're losing in the poll as well!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Srsly OP? Why the fuck would I pay for this if Blizzard is already greedy af with content production.
    Oh and ofc we are already paying a sub fee and get nothing in return ffs.
    no one's making you pay for the game right now... just quit and spare us your whining
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

If it was included with current Sub fees

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightofdawn View Post
    no one's making you pay for the game right now... just quit and spare us your whining
    I'm unsubbed since September of last year.