Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    So many haters , old people are old. Listen it doesn't matter if we played on a private server, that shit was better then the live one ... yes it was better I don't care about the crappy Draenor or Legion ... both are alien, WoW stopped at Wotlk.

I just don't like sitting in a garrison sending npcs in missions like it's a browser game, Wod is so boring and bad .. really bad and yes the 1+ year no content is a "seller" xD
    I'd take the game now (even if WoD is sub-par) over Classic & TBC any day of the week. I'd rather play in a game where *I* control what I can do and what I can't do, and where I don't have to kiss the boots of some elitist (and all players that like Nost are that way) to get anywhere in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Secondly, it will only work on their servers too. You can't say, download the game, change the rootlogin, and play and Blizzard and then switch over. You also, have to have specific version of the client as well.

They changed it enough as far as coding goes. Art and lore is a different story.
    They built the server code because its the only piece blizzard doesn't just giveout. THey didn't change fuck-all in the client code.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    Seen it...

You are wrong. There is no specific Nostalrius Client....
    Link, Ya huh. See my video.

Seen it...

You are wrong. There is no specific Nostalrius Client....
    http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?t=2803&f=32

You are full of it.

If Blizzard really believes that vanilla servers aren't worth their time and effort; they should sell me the rights for $1 and I will gladly become a multimillionaire.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    I'm not trying to demean anyone, and although many times I'm sure I fail I try to avoid getting personal or resorting to less pleasant ways.

Just trying to discuss a topic that's actually relevant to the thread and the discussion being had.
    Playing semantics with the word 'illegal' to somehow make singing off key and murder equivalent is an interesting definition of 'relevant', and I think the tactic is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Why would you try and argue that stealing money and intellectual property from a business isn't that bad because it isn't murder? Thats why people think you're an idiot.
    Then those people should re-read what I typed because in no way did I establish any direct comparison between stealing money / intellectual property and murder.

What I did was give an example that tries to show that just because something can be classified as the same, doesn't mean it should.

In the exxagerated example it is that murder is cleraly not the same as singing off-key, despite both being illegal.

Which relates to the thread as literal theft (physical materials) and piracy/IP infringment aren't exactly the same thing, despite both being illegal and possibly both classifiable as theft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    The only clown is the way your mother told you to put on makeup. Stop with the name calling or it's your ass.
    I'm sorry, are you threatening me?

(sorry you also seemed to have missed my question)

Quote Originally Posted by emilylorange View Post
    Playing semantics with the word 'illegal' to somehow make singing off key and murder equivalent is an interesting definition of 'relevant', and I think the tactic is pretty funny.
    See above post. It's relevant because the same is being made between theft and IP infringment.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    If Blizzard really believes that vanilla servers aren't worth their time and effort; they should sell me the rights for $1 and I will gladly become a multimillionaire.
    Your nightmare begins the instant you have paying customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    However, the server still needs the PROPRIETARY Blizzard map files and other assets RIPPED from the client by another program. So, the server can not run without using Blizzard's actual property. So, it is still against copyright law. No matter how you want to try to twist it, it is illegal, and immoral, and WRONG.
    Just as wrong as your daily commute to work. Not trying to vilify anyone, are we?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Well on the bright side, Nostalrius looks like it will continue on other servers - all of the info will be available for free to anyone that wants it, as well as characters and their logins (encrypted of course), so it looks like my toons aren't going to just disappear after all. Glorious day!
    This is of course assuming A) someone takes on their code and B) doesn't grow too large to require donations to operate and be shut down again.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    I'd take the game now (even if WoD is sub-par) over Classic & TBC any day of the week. I'd rather play in a game where *I* control what I can do and what I can't do, and where I don't have to kiss the boots of some elitist (and all players that like Nost are that way) to get anywhere in the game.
    at least you have that option without the fear of your preferential game getting shut down

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAMdmcgt3Fk

Seems like a Nostralius branded client .

They even have their logo in the installer.

Your point seems to be total shit.
    *facepalm* My head is starting to hurt...

This is just an installer, the installed files are the real wow game files

btw. this installer is also made by a forum user, not the dev team

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    He's gonna come back with "if you know what you're doing you can make your own client to connect"

It will mean nothing because they put their name on the client installer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghier View Post
    Why would they? The game is worth more than that.

He's gonna come back with "if you know what you're doing you can make your own client to connect"
    I don't think these freeloaders have the knowhow to change a lightbulb let alone that.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-04-09 at 12:35 AM.

*facepalm* My head is starting to hurt...

This is just an installer, the installed files are the real wow game files

btw. this installer is also made by a forum user, not the dev team
    Cool, maybe they should have been more intelligent and not put their fucking name on it.

both being illegal and possibly both classifiable as theft.
    Only part that mattered in that entire post.

See above post. It's relevant because the same is being made between theft and IP infringment.
    I think you can say that without trying to devise a ridiculous situation in which you liken your opponents to someone who can't tell the difference between singing and murder. That line is slightly less murky.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Your nightmare begins the instant you have paying customers.
    No problem, I could afford customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    They built the server code because its the only piece blizzard doesn't just giveout. THey didn't change fuck-all in the client code.

- - - Updated - - -

Link, Ya huh. See my video.
    Exactly, so it's not a full on exploitation. Which what everyone is saying it is.. or misrepresenting it as. There was actual work put it to make it work. You cannot just unbox it and make money. It took quite some time to get the serve running to anything worth even talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.