Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    I'm probably the thousandth person in here to rehash the argument. Let me get this straight. You have an issue, with blizzard shutting down, a private server, which so happens to not be ran by blizzard, but is ran by a 3rd party and is not condoned by blizzard. So basically they are stealing Wow and changing it into something else. That's like taking mcdonalds right, then making your own mcdonalds, and calling it mcdonalds but a 1955 classic twist (fyi 1955 was the year mcdonalds started). The past is in the past, just let it go. If you want a brand new experience like you had when wow started, then just play a new mmo and experience it in its early days, then several years from now you can reminisce as many people are now, then complain you can't go back in time to see how great it really was to grind lvl's and have broken gameplay and unkillable bosses.
    sigh another white knight that has to remind me that it was illigal... we get it already but for blizzard to refuse to offer the service themself and terminate it without any compromise is just retarded, it's in blizzard best interests to keep the community happy otherwise they'll just leave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Sometimes I wish Blizzard would do a Vanilla server just so we could watch it tank after a year or two.

I mean fuck, people are bleeding our their eyes after even 6 months of stale content on live servers. They think running the same vanilla crap over and over again isn't going to get old? How about when the inevitable OP classes rise to the top and dominate the pvp scene? There is no balance fixes, because patching anything wouldn't be vanilla anymore.
    Most people didn't clear Nax 40 in vanilla WoW. There was always something to do.

PVP wasn't that bad if you played efficiently. But overall, it would be a choice as to whether or not people wish to participate in an old game.

Deleted
    Sometimes I wish Blizzard would do a Vanilla server just so we could watch it tank after a year or two.

I mean fuck, people are bleeding our their eyes after even 6 months of stale content on live servers. They think running the same vanilla crap over and over again isn't going to get old? How about when the inevitable OP classes rise to the top and dominate the pvp scene? There is no balance fixes, because patching anything wouldn't be vanilla anymore.
    I'd probably not play on a Vanilla wow server myself but the niche playerbase willing to do so would certainly spend years on it because of the experience based on social interactions Blizz threw away in the past years.

Good luck feasibly getting all the content done in Vanilla within 6 months, even a year. Not going to happen by a long shot for a casual individual, if you consider raiding. And even if not, they'd be spending months just hitting 60 and gearing up through dungeons and crafting -- and if they release patches instead of the end patch... Waiting for a bit for more stuff to do for like a month or so. Vanilla was a game that had things to do for quite some time because they took fucking forever to do.

Now they don't, obviously.

Oh I agree. I'd love to see how fast these servers tank.

I'd probably not play on a Vanilla wow server myself but the niche playerbase willing to do so would certainly spend years on it because of the experience based on social interactions Blizz threw away in the past years.
    I hate this dumb argument. Nothing stops you from interacting with others. Absolutely nothing. Especially along with the expanded social features they get asked for as well. You get what you make from it.

To that I say, you're suggesting they can't do both?
    Whether or not they're capable of "making azeroth great again" or not aside, they can certainly shut down private servers while working on their own game. Blizzard is an extremely large entity, it can do many things poorly at once.
    I am saying the successes of their legal department (somewhat pathetic, because the game continues to be filled with bots, goldsellers, etc) ain't going to save them.

I am not saying they didn't have the right to close the server, it is just symbolic that this is the biggest news these days - not "hey, Legion is going to have X", but "hey, Blizzard closed a private server where a couple hundred thousand of former WoW fans played without their permission... in the meantime, no Legion, no updates to the boring crap that is WoD, etc".
    Last edited by rda; 2016-04-09 at 09:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savras84 View Post
    Social interaction in current WoW is pretty nonexistent. You don't have to interract with any player apart from higher difficylty raids.
    Again, I'm not arguing current WoW is even a little perfect. You guys seems to get the idea in your head that anti-Nost arguments mean pro-current WoW.

Now look at desolate place retail WoW is and compare it to server I mentioned.
    Desolate is a bit of an exaggeration, especially since the Hearthstone promotion even caused log in queues.

Desolate is a bit of an exaggeration, especially since the Hearthstone promotion even caused log in queues.
    It's not an exaggeration, it's a reality for WoW for quite some time. Maybe not so much on the most popular realms -- but otherwise you're not bound to meet many people while you level. Dungeon queues, battleground queues, LFR all take quite a lot of people away from the world. They AFK inside the city, or in their Garrison (another world divider).

The population may be fine (which it is), but visually and socially not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    I am saying the successes of their legal department (somewhat pathetic, because the game continues to be filled with bots, goldsellers, etc) ain't going to save them.

I am not saying they didn't have the right to close the server, it is just symbolic that this is the biggest news these days - not "hey, Legion is going to have X", but "hey, Blizzard closed a private server where a couple hundred thousand of former WoW fans played without their permission... in the meantime, no Legion, etc".

Legion is in that point of development a few months before release in which nothing new is really going to pop up. As for closing private servers being news, Blizz closes them all the time. This one is only different because it was the biggest vanilla one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I hate this dumb argument. Nothing stops you from interacting with others. Absolutely nothing. Especially along with the expanded social features they get asked for as well. You get what you make from it.
    Actually dumb argument is on your side. People won't interract with others if they don't have to. Why bother finding group if you can solo?
    If you admit this then it's very obvious why social interaction in modern wow is dead.

Look at Vanilla servers where you have to look for groups, you have to be member of guild despite lack of perks, social interaction is very much alive.

Why it is so?
    Last edited by mmoccee49df701; 2016-04-09 at 09:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Oh I agree. I'd love to see how fast these servers tank.

I want you to whisper someone "hey want to do a dungeon?" and tell me how many will actually respond to you or just flat out ignore you because they don't care.

friendships were made through gameplay people who don't know you in todays game will just ignore you.
    Last edited by mmocb3312b4218; 2016-04-09 at 09:37 AM.

Legion is in that point of development a few months before release in which nothing new is really going to pop up. As for closing private servers being news, Blizz closes them all the time. This one is only different because it was the biggest vanilla one.
    No one cares.

I am telling you how it looks (and what it is).

Current game is crap, next expansion is who knows how far away (and of questionable value), biggest news regarding WoW is Blizzard punishing their former players who had fun without their permission.

What a success story...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's not an exaggeration, ...

The population may be fine (which it is)
    And therefore not desolate.

The social aspects being completely abysmal is too true, but that doesn't mean the game is desolate. The guy I was replying to was suggesting the game was empty. It isn't. Asocial? Very. Empty? No. At any time of day you can use a queue to find a group of 24 other people, then do it again right after with an entirely different set of 24 people. And again. And again. That isn't desolate.

Nobody talking to each other in any of the groups is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by njeebje View Post
    I want you to whisper someone "hey want to do a dungeon?" and tell me how many will actually respond to you or just flat out ignore you because they don't care.
    Lel, even back in the day, if I whispered random stranger something like this, they'd say "piss off" O_o

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    Lel, even back in the day, if I whispered random stranger something like this, they'd say "piss off" O_o
    you'll always have those people in every game but the foundation was there to create friendships through gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh another white knight that has to remind me that it was illigal... we get it already but for blizzard to refuse to offer the service themself and terminate it without any compromise is just retarded, it's in blizzard best interests to keep the community happy otherwise they'll just leave.
    A white knight. Honestly I don't care either way. I don't personally wanna play vanilla or anything like it. I'm actually content with what I have and when I get bored I can play a multitude of other games. Why should blizzard create a private server dedicated to the old stuff, to keep people happy? It's always all about the money, but I bet the the amount of players that really want something like that, is quite a minority. Saying, blizzard won't give me this therefore they are retarded, is as childish as any argument saying the server was right because it was for the community. What community, the community that is so small I didn't even know there was a vanilla server until it was taken down and blasted on the forums?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No one cares.

I am telling you how it looks (and what it is).

Current game is crap, next expansion is who knows how far away (and of questionable value), biggest news regarding WoW is Blizzard punishing their former players who had fun without their permission.

What a success story...
    No one cares, and yet these very forums continue to be active discussion Legion...

Or is it more likely you live in a bubble, and are confusing your very limited perspective with that of other's.

More people care about Legion than they do about Nostralius. Unfortunately for yourself, there are more people currently subscribed to WoD playing content over a year old than Nostralius has ever had, and they're even paying money to do it.

Sorry, but that is the reality, whether or not you choose to accept it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    A white knight. Honestly I don't care either way. I don't personally wanna play vanilla or anything like it. I'm actually content with what I have and when I get bored I can play a multitude of other games. Why should blizzard create a private server dedicated to the old stuff, to keep people happy? It's always all about the money, but I bet the the amount of players that really want something like that, is quite a minority. Saying, blizzard won't give me this therefore they are retarded, is as childish as any argument saying the server was right because it was for the community. What community, the community that is so small I didn't even know there was a vanilla server until it was taken down and blasted on the forums?
    --SNIP--

Don't post spam
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-09 at 03:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxDkDkxxx View Post
    ^this.
    The Nost community did a whole lot of advertising (on these boards among others). There are other pservers around stll. Some of them are actually better scripted than Nost ever was. But people went to Nost because it was FOTM and popped up in every goddamn forum because of their "passionate community" (spammers)

Yeah I read it. They couldn't finance it with the original model. So they had to try something desperate (which failed and got them and their host sued)
    Nost was actually popular for a long time. It started almost a year ago, and all the time being more populated than any other. It had 10k+ peaks daily for 6 months. It was unique, there has never been a private realm that big. The big pop was one of the main reasons it was so loved.

A few people did step up and pay for the servers, as such it did 'hold'. Why would you even say the financial model was what got them sue'd? The Chinese gold sellers were making crazy money. They owned like 30% of the whole servers gold, in real money making way more than the server costs ever were. That's already a bigger reason than the host.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    That might be the case, but that is irrilivant. The instant they transfered financal responsibility for the server out of THEIR hands and directly to the server Hosting Service, they effectively shot themselves in the head. They directly turned the Server Hosting Service into a corporate entity making money off an illegal WoW server. They quite literally FORCED Blizzard to kill them, as Blizzard would be legally obligated to contest such activity.
    The server hosting made just as much money as when Nost was the one paying them. It literally didn't change the server hostings financial position at all. They received just as much money as before, for the same reason as before.

10+ Year Old Account

I would wager the grand majority of the employees at Blizzard do not even know the name of the server that was closed. The lawyers that shut down Nostralius did so on behalf of Blizzard, Blizz didn't even bother to address Nostralius personally. Has Blizz even released a statement about it? I don't think so.

You see, you're under the impression Blizzard has lifted its boot to inspect the insect that it has stepped upon. It hasn't. Nostalius is one of hundreds that Blizzard has squashed.

And furthermore, if Blizzard finds it difficult to care about remaining ~X million paying players, what makes you think they even blink for the 3000 Nostralius players?