Deleted
    Yeah, this rating system works in strange ways. Play Janna support. Have a lot of kill participation. You know. Just Janna things. But die one time because you had to safe your ADC to win the fight and bam! A+ for you. I guess it's because you're not supposed to die as Janna. And being on voice comms does help. A wombo combo described like that can easily be pulled off regardless of voice comms. I can easily spot when the opossing team is on voice comms though. The amount of coördination you can have it's almost like you have a 6th team member. But to all things League of Legends, it all comes down to skill and knowledge. Even those Bronze 5 Scripters can lose games because they make horrible decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeupOnFLEEK View Post
    hey all i am new to the forums
    i play a ton of league when I am not working! Lately I've been playing a lot of morgana mid and quinn top lane, pretty fun ^_^
    Welcome. Have fun and don't let the ragers get to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You people and your voice communication .. Unless you are a lot higher skilled then average it's going to mean shit. They don't magically become a lot better just because they can talk to each other.

An Amumu ult into Zyra ult into Twitch ult should be the most basic wombo combo anyone could see coming from miles. Hell you know the entire teamcomp is build around the AoE CC and damage. If you need a microphone for that, you have bigger issues. Them playing alone or in a 5premade isn't going to change anything. Especially not at silver or gold.

And I love being support. 0 waiting times, barely anyone that gets banned besides Soraka, and I simply know I'm carrying games massively. The vision, dewarding, objective control, ADC getting a monster and the massive amounts of peel, CC, engage, disengage, shields, heals or just sheer 2 shotting a carry wins games. Simple. And it gets more fun the higher I get considering other people start to know there role too. Did I mention the 0 seconds waiting times already?

The one thing that sucks is the rating system. Die twice as a support and you'll never get your S ranking. Die in purpose so the rest of your team lives? Great, game thinks you just fucked up. My last game as Velkoz support I had the highest damage, 2nd most gold, score of 5/3/14 or something. Tons of wards, pinks, and dewarding. I carried shit so hard and still got A rating.
    I know it is a basic easy combo, but it was the execution of it that baffled me. Hard to explain, and to someone who believe voice com won't help in lower elos.. well, that makes it impossible to explain. Have a good day
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Yeah, I really dislike the new champion select.
    I don't mind the new Champion Select at all, I feel like I'm in a minority with that opinion though. Its so much better than having to hope you're not last pick and stuck with a role you're horrible at then having your team start bitching at you for it. I generally manged to skirt that issue by being horrible at mid, it being the only role left when you're last pick is so rare it might as well be

I am pretty annoyed about recent changes to the queues though, especially given how much emphasis they're putting on queueing as a group now. Its frustrating as hell solo queuing and being put against a plat level premade when 2 people on your team aren't level 30 yet. Its even worse when they're the support in your lane and they're dragging you down with them. Its just as bad when you're absolutely destroying Garen top lane with such ease that its not even fun anymore, only to find out that they're a new player. I mean... What chance did they ever have to begin with?

I get what Riot is trying to achieve, I really do, but it just sucks all the fun and all the competition out of the game for me when it happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Priestlie View Post
    Yeah, this rating system works in strange ways. Play Janna support. Have a lot of kill participation. You know. Just Janna things. But die one time because you had to safe your ADC to win the fight and bam! A+ for you. I guess it's because you're not supposed to die as Janna.
    Gotta remember with the rating system is that your score/cs/wards placed, killed etc are all compared to other people playing her. I got an S-, iirc, on her with a score of 2/5/29, put 18 wards down (damn that's kind of low), destroyed 7. Mind you, this is not the exact things that are looked at when they are grading you, they haven't released that info. IMO janna is kind of hard to get an S with because she's preeeetyyy easy to play/do well with. Also my deaths on the two other janna games I played (I got As those games, I believe) I had 5 and 6 deaths but much lower assists, higher ward placement too.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was playing with a Yorick yesterday. Everytime he ulted me and I died, then had the ghost me time out, I took 100k self inflicted true damage. The match history statistics counted it as true damage done to champions, so I ended a 46 minute long Karma game with 257k dmg done to champions

Deleted
    Has anyone been playing the Ascension game mode?

It's my first time experiencing any "special" game mode except Legend of the Poro King, since I didn't actually start playing League properly until last august or so.

I've found it to be highly fun, I love the constant combat/chases that are going on, and I've found the hyper-bursty jungle assassins excel. Mostly Kha'zix. They're always Isolated and once you're level 6 it's so easy to make multikills he shouldn't be allowed. Just never get ascended or your passive won't work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliez View Post
    Has anyone been playing the Ascension game mode?

It's my first time experiencing any "special" game mode except Legend of the Poro King, since I didn't actually start playing League properly until last august or so.

I've found it to be highly fun, I love the constant combat/chases that are going on, and I've found the hyper-bursty jungle assassins excel. Mostly Kha'zix. They're always Isolated and once you're level 6 it's so easy to make multikills he shouldn't be allowed. Just never get ascended or your passive won't work.
    Among the reasons why I enjoyed Dominion more than Summoner's Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ascension sucks. People just don't want to have a fun time and pick 95% same champions and flame anyone who do not pick them. Ugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    But is that the game mode sucking or the players? Because that sounds like the players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Game mode that favors, like 20 champions way more than 100 others is a problem IMO. At least dominion had minions and some sort of strategy to get ahead of your opponent. Will you ever dare to pick, say, Kindred for Ascension? No, because you better have Ez, Teemo, Darius, Ekko than that.

I guess that's true for any non-standard gamemode, but with urf i had no issues at all
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-04-10 at 05:18 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Errr....yes? I've picked them(kindred) several times in Ascension. Whatever, if you don't think its fun fine. I play what I find fun, I don't really give a fuck if they're strong or not. And IMO I think almost everyone works in Ascension. Are some better than others? Sure, won't disagree on that.

I never heard of or played Ascension, just checked it out, and it seems awesome. Glad they brought it back so I can try it out.

Deleted
    I know it is a basic easy combo, but it was the execution of it that baffled me. Hard to explain, and to someone who believe voice com won't help in lower elos.. well, that makes it impossible to explain. Have a good day
    They can have all the voice com in the world, if they're at that elo, they are there for a reason. Voice com won't change much.

I never implied voice com doesn't help, hell I doubt any professional player plays without it. But that's a completely different game. Get your own game together, learn from mistakes, learn the game. That's the only thing getting you out of low elo. If you get that to a certain point, sure voice comms make all the rest easier.

They can have all the voice com in the world, if they're at that elo, they are there for a reason. Voice com won't change much.

I never implied voice com doesn't help, hell I doubt any professional player plays without it. But that's a completely different game. Get your own game together, learn from mistakes, learn the game. That's the only thing getting you out of low elo. If you get that to a certain point, sure voice comms make all the rest easier.
    Voice com matters just as much in Bronze as in Challenger, or even LCS. Saying anything else is just foolish.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Voice com matters just as much in Bronze as in Challenger, or even LCS. Saying anything else is just foolish.
    Telling people what to do when you have 0 clue about mechanics, champs, strategies etc. will bring very little improvement.

Telling people what to do when you have 0 clue about mechanics, champs, strategies etc. will bring very little improvement.
    Of course voice com matters. It cuts down on the time to communicate with your team. That 'I'm going in for a gank now' Or 'Ulting across the wall' is conveyed far quicker by voice than typing or pinging, where you can let your team know exactly what you need them to know, instead of them having to look at the text box and read, or work out what that ping meant.

I'm really not liking League right now. Just got out of a game where it was a 2 and 3 man premade vs 5 randoms. :/
    RETH

I feel that's quite a bit of an overstatement. While I agree voice comms definitely would be beneficial in bronze, to say it would have the same effect as challenger is incorrect I think. If nothing else Challenger players willl understand map movements and stuff quicker, are better at thinking 5-10 minutes ahead, which means communication could mean alll ining for summoners to prepare for all ining again for kills later, etc. Comms by design cant be used to their full extent if the players arent capable of understanding things to the full extent (Or to the extent of say challenger level players). Some of the stuff comms are most useful for (Wombo's, quick pushes for objectives/invades, and in sync ganks) are just not something bronze players are typically capable of pulling off. Every bit of extra abilties player's posses make everything including comms that much more benficial to them and who they play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Voice com is a tool, if you are bad at something even best tools won't make difference. Problem with random matchmaking is not that it lack tools for communication, but because random people are being matched with each other. I mean, there are still people who yell "no ss mid" as an excuse for being killed, what the fuck do you think will change? People will rant in voice instead of chat, like they do in low elo (3k) dota.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-04-11 at 04:34 AM.

What ever, all I said is that it is annoying to be up against 4 man premades in what used to be solo q. And that that team used voice com to coordinate their wombo combo (every thing got used in the matter of a second). Does voice com help you do that? Yes. Then do voice com help people in lower elo, as well as higher? Yes.

Deleted
    I'm really not liking League right now. Just got out of a game where it was a 2 and 3 man premade vs 5 randoms. :/
    Again, I don't get this except if you're playing at a high level ...

What does it matter whether they're premade or not? If anything, if their jungler and top or mid is a premade, you simply know they're going to hardcore camp that lane. In most cases it makes them more predictable. Besides that? If they're stuck in that low elo it simply means they're really not that good at the game. If you know your role and champs (and you're simply better at the game) then you'll just win like any other game. Them being a premade or being able to talk is going to have little to no impact on your game.

But I guess the 4 other guys in your team are always bad right? Which magically never happens with a premade or something.