Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    I understand it a contentious topic, but generally speaking you tend to expect a certain degree of empathy from any average human when they witness a genuinely benevolent group of people suffer some form of agony or emotional pain.

but official forums be like "OMG yes i hope you all die you're worse than the terroriest and all the evil and..."

just... why.
    Fanboys are retarded. That's nothing new. Maybe they latch to the live of those they worship, maybe they somehow try to feel superior because "I'M NUT A THIEVE DUHRRR", or maybe they feel threatened by the success of Vanilla 10 years later. Or maybe they have their world vision set in a way, and things which don't fit in this world vision make them all panicky so they try very hard to dismiss them to get back their made-up idea of how the world is ?
    Or maybe they are just petty, little-minded pests who only thrive on annoying others. Who knows what goes through the head of someone else ?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    When I say Blizzard I mean shareholders. the owners of Blizzard, the ones who make decisions. Duh.
    And you have a problem with them protecting their IP because of.... why exactly?

So basically Blizzards are just being dicks. Is that what you are saying?
    If someone stole from me I would be a massive dick. They sent a polite notice to take the server down.

7+ Year Old Account
    Did you know that in some areas, Blizzard is *required by law* to pursue legal action against infringers like this, or the will lose their copyrights? It's not the case everywhere but it is the case in some places.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Did you know that in some areas, Blizzard is *required by law* to pursue legal action against infringers like this, or the will lose their copyrights? It's not the case everywhere but it is the case in some places.
    You're expecting these muppets to understand the intricacies of law? You know the people that took part in an illegal activity and have no shame about it?

I wish Mods would merge these topics all into one, this is getting to be as bad.

OT Elf-On, we need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That's not enough, because advertising would've done nothing since almost no one wants to play vanilla anymore, right? But Blizzard felt threatened. It's telling.
    It's telling that people want to play WoW for free. It's not telling that people want to play Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    It's telling that people want to play WoW for free. It's not telling that people want to play Classic.

Prove they want to play it for free, or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestah View Post
    Prove that ALL of them wanted to play just because it was Classic, or shut up.

Where is the consumer protection for the player who bought vanilla but now that content is literally unable to be accessed. We have to totally protect blizzards IP that is not even in the game anymore or even accessible but when it comes to protecting a consumers right to play a game they bought, they are SOL.

People don't bring up the Warcraft 3 fan remake, or anything like that, because thats totally okay. That thing is featured on the front page of MMO-champion. Blizzard loves to burn any fan favour they have ever earned since WoD has launched so they might as well get on taking that down too.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-04-09 at 02:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovbiff View Post
    So many hypocrites around... Everyone trying to bring the whole "ohh, it's pirating, that's bad", while prolly 100% of everyone saying it has pirated a movie, a song or a game. If people wanna play vanilla servers, let em and if people don't, then don't?
    Nope, you are, just like lots of other people, effectively creating a logical fallacy. Its not the question of whether people from official servers are lawful good paladins of light. Its a question of when you get caught while doing illegal stuff, you should just shrug and learn your lesson, instead of whining about how not fair laws are, how stupid laws are, or how nonharming and "benevolent" (rofl) your law violation was.

Just analyse what your community was doing for the last three days.

You went on OFFICIAL Blizzard's forums and created a lot of whine there. What can be more stupid then trying to discuss private server matters on official forums?
    You came here and created a lot of whine as well. Why? Do you think we, the retail players, want to hear your screams? Do you think we deserve reading your bullshit?
    You came wherever you could and created a lot of whine everywhere. Again, why? You think you're the "oppressed minority" or something like that? Surprise surprise, you're not.
    You spilled gallons of liquid shit over Blizzard and their products. Why? Do you think it will change anything?
    You threw around some wild threats directed at Blizzard. Again, why? How this can help your cause?
    You spoke a lot of bad words towards retail players, and now you want compassion from them? Seriously? I can't even...
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Jestah View Post
    Prove they would pay, or shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Prove they would pay, or shut up.
    They say so. That's more proof than the other side

genuinely benevolent group of people
    Are you really going with that. I mean come on there are more than enough retards on both sides of the fence but you shouldn't really pretend that calling people Blizzard fangays, faggots or whatever the fuck puts you on some moral high ground
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuesdays View Post
    I wish Mods would merge these topics all into one, this is getting to be as bad.
    Very true, I mean it's really unnecessary to aggregate the exact same shitposts over what is it now nearly 10 threads ?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklady View Post
    Forget about the legalities for a moment. It's disrespectful and rude to discuss a pirate version of a game on the official forums of the legit version of the game. No different than disrespecting someone in their own house. This shouldn't be lost on anyone.
    It's actually rather stupid to post about pirate servers on the official forums as then Blizzard has your confession that you played and violated their rules and could close your real accounts down for doing so.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    It's actually rather stupid to post about pirate servers on the official forums as then Blizzard has your confession that you played and violated their rules and could close your real accounts down for doing so.
    Well to be fair it's Blizzard and getting your account closed is kinda hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    suffer some form of agony or emotional pain.
    My friend, I also liked that server.

But its a game. Agony and true emotional pain are a few leagues above the loss of an old game.

Like beloved relatives passing away.

That's very unlikely, it's easier to go for the source than all the people participating. It's still stupid though to advertise a private server on official forums. Wtf did they think was going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    They say so. That's more proof than the other side
    ? I'll give away everything I own....

your turn.

-----------------

I can not fathom how people who played on the private server did not see this coming, they didn't just play with fire they got a torch and started to spread it around their home and are now wondering why it has all burnt down...
    Last edited by dejec1989; 2016-04-09 at 03:21 PM.

And what would they gain through that, except pissing off a customer ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dejec1989 View Post
    ? I'll give away everything I own....

your turn.
    The point => .

Your head => o

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Nobody should be celebrating people losing something they loved doing, however there are some points to be made. The Nost players were on a private server that was bound to be shut down eventually, yet act like they didn't know that. Also not very benevolent, as a lot of the times the Nost players would constantly spout off about Nost on forums like MMO-C, using it as "evidence" in support of legacy servers regardless of Blizzards response, which inevitably led to Nost being shut down.
    You could say that their constant prattling on about their PS server put them in the Blizzard crosshairs.. My thinking is if they had stayed silent then attention may not have been drawn to them as fast as it was.. And in a sense they dug their own graves so to speak..