Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    They've been proven wrong based on numbers alone. They shut down the server because of how popular it was. It doesn't reinforce their narrative so they had to pull the plug.
    Uhh, false.

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    That's a shitty analogy. Vanilla had it's faults to be sure, but the social aspects and actually having to invest time and effort into the game to achieve anything made it something I rather enjoyed. These are called opinions. You might like the convenience and homogenization. I think they suck and I long for unique classes and social interaction being required.
    Its an analogy that you don't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Implying wanting classic servers means opposed to change, wow. There really isn't much hope for reasoning here.

I play retail, wouldn't mind playing both at all, especially with ridiculously long content draughts that are less likely to go away than Blizz is to implement legacy servers.

Por que no los dos?

Idk, but you've got some reason that we can't have los dos, so let's hear it!
    Wanting classic would be going back to something that we have done already, something released previously, thus reverting change, and it would have to remain static or else it wouldn't be vanilla, it would just be a static server, thus no change. If you want a different game than the currently World of Warcraft then go play other games, blizzard has spoken about vanilla servers. I get so tired of this argument, we get it you like vanilla, but guess for every one of you that wants vanilla there is equal or greater that don't want to play vanilla.

I also love how people think blizzard are some evil corporation that refuses to release a vanilla server out of spite, and that it would be profitable if they did release, and will turn around in other threads and spout that blizzard ruined wow because they got so greedy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    Implying wanting classic servers means opposed to change, wow. There really isn't much hope for reasoning here.
    Oh, you think you could use logic here and get away with it? Not allowed!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Except business and emotion don't go 'hand-in-hand'.
    Actually they do. If people desire something deeply enough, someone will supply that demand or those people will find a way to obtain it themselves.

What you want is proof of demand, which we have provided.

Imagine if I told Blizzard that they could never watch the sun rise ever again.

It's not 150k subs. It's 150k free accounts.
    150k active players playing an 11 year old game.

They have. Repeatedly. And again and again they found that the interest is not enough to sustain the costs.
    When WoW was originally created, the original creators would have been overjoyed with only 500k subs. They never ever expected the game to become this popular.

150k active players playing an 11 year old game is remarkable.

For some inexplicable reason, you can't admit it. Actually maybe we can explain it. Why do you hate the idea of people enjoying an older version of the game so much that you are willing to do anything to oppose it?

Again, this is a meaningless, irrelevant argument to use, because you cannot prove it.
    WoW was a reason to live. You really shouldn't trivialize people's deepest desires.

Number of players on Nostralius: 1 million accounts, 150k active daily, 15k concurrently.

We're just going to keep throwing the numbers at you, since that's all that seems to register with you.

Deleted
    Doesn't matter. Nostalrius advertised that number as a real number, so it's going to be taken as a real number. Nostalrius and the 'pro-vanilla' crowd doesn't care that the number is 'inflated' with bot, gold farmers and alt accounts, so why should we? If they want to boast that number as a real achievement, then it's that number we will use.
    Are you trying to say that Blizzard's official numbers don't include bots, gold farmers, alt accounts? Of course they do. Number accounts is just that - number of accounts. It doesn't imply that its filtered by some criterion.

Looks like pathetic attempt at belittling number of players by making up criterion that doesn't apply to Blizzard's numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Altear View Post
    Only a small fraction of players use the forums anyway, if a post is up for 10 minutes at any time of the day what % of the wow playerbase saw it do you think? Now quite the opposite has happened, people are annoyed and are publicly discussing it, not only her but on the wow forum, reddit etc. It was definitely under the radar.
    Eh, I'd say it stayed 'under the radar' about as much as a rabbit abstains from mating, but I guess this is an 'agree to disagree' subject.

Quote Originally Posted by luccadeo View Post
    I can honestly say that I played on Nost. I played a few levels and fell back in love with WoW. I was getting really burnt out from retail as I have 1of each class at 100 and fairly geared. I still paid for my sub the whole time I played on Nost. I had more fun leveling my lock from 1-60 than I have in years on retail. I have played since vanilla but I cancelled my sub from retail when blizzard threw their temper tantrum over Nost.
    Fight the power bro, we will win.

You played it, and clearly enjoy modern WoW better, so I believe that it would safe to assume that you wouldn't be for changes that made the fame feel a bit more like earlier incarnations of the game right?

Doesn't change anything I said, and very few people are big enough to admit fear. There's no shame in denying it. Again, it's human nature.
    What you want us to go back to boring resist gear farming? I mean I LOOOOOVED farming nature resist gear to do AQ. Saw enough Dire Maul to make my eyes bleed. Or go back further, want us to stand around like derps waiting on the tanks to get multiple sunders on a mob in Molten Core so we can do our spells because aggro was so fucked up back then? Just changing things back to the old ways of WoW does not mean it would make the game better. You are trying to enforce your nostalgia to change the current game. I happen to like raid fights with lots of mechanics, my pet battling and so on.

It's not trolling at all. More and more people were flocking to nost and other servers to get away from the current shitty version of the game.
    And now Nost is dead. How about them apples?

mmmm... the tears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Its an analogy that you don't like.
    It's more akin to giving the car brand new rims and tires but removing the sound system entirely and giving you an empty spot to put a "radio of your choosing" in. They removed the need for social interaction but you can still partake if you so decide which I don't agree with in an MMO.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Have you heard of Poe's Law? Have you been reading this forum?
    "Boy, this post sounds ludicrous! There's no possible way he's serious... oh ok, the eye roll, gotcha."

Go take a walk outside.

You played it, and clearly enjoy modern WoW better, so I believe that it would safe to assume that you wouldn't be for changes that made the fame feel a bit more like earlier incarnations of the game right?

Doesn't change anything I said, and very few people are big enough to admit fear. There's no shame in denying it. Again, it's human nature.
    Claiming it is fear is a play at emotion which seems to be running rampant here. I don't play WoD right now because the pvp is shit. I have the ability to make a choice based on my enjoyment, not on some apparition of a scary vanilla server on the horizon.

Keep it up with your patronizing bullshit though.

It's not trolling at all. More and more people were flocking to nost and other servers to get away from the current shitty version of the game.
    More and more? Their numbers of players were pretty laughable for being around a year. When Legion rolls around won't be as many people derping around on shit PS either.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    "Boy, this post sounds ludicrous! There's no possible way he's serious... oh ok, the eye roll, gotcha."

Go take a walk outside.
    Sorry, I'm not up with the international system of emoticons. Drop the ego.

This is a civil rights issue
    This is the shit I have to decipher for seriousness. He was serious. There is no ground zero anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Uhh, false.
    Why have older private servers never been touched even though they have been advertised and aren't hidden for ages, yet a realm that's exploding with people is getting hammered? Blizzard doesn't like being told they are wrong. We are all like that.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    I get so tired of this argument, we get it you like vanilla, but guess for every one of you that wants vanilla there is equal or greater that don't want to play vanilla.
    Do you have hard evidence, and not just hearsay? If you have the data that the analysts pulled, or any kind of statistics regarding exactly how many current and ex WoW subscribers are for and against this? What about the potential market for a new playerbase that wants to start fresh? Any market research on that for us?

Your side is just as in the dark, stop pretending you know anything. Also, if you hate this discussion and don't want to be here, yet participate so frequently, you likely have an extreme self loathing issue and I would recommend getting help, sincerely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    And now Nost is dead. How about them apples?

mmmm... the tears
    You can kill a phoenix but it will still be reborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Number of players on Nostralius: 1 million accounts, 150k active daily, 15k concurrently.

We're just going to keep throwing the numbers at you, since that's all that seems to register with you.
    That isn't a very impressive number. Keep throwing them. I'll toss one back at you. Cost to play the game: Zero. Change that cost to 15 a month and look how many players you'd have playing the game. Not many.

Do you have hard evidence, and not just hearsay? If you have the data that the analysts pulled, or any kind of statistics regarding exactly how many current and ex WoW subscribers are for and against this? What about the potential market for a new playerbase that wants to start fresh? Any market research on that for us?

Your side is just as in the dark, stop pretending you know anything. Also, if you hate this discussion and don't want to be here, yet participate so frequently, you likely have an extreme self loathing issue and I would recommend getting help, sincerely.
    Unless you're suggesting that blizzard is afraid to do it because of a pride issue, then the numbers favor one side of the argument.