Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I was permanently banned from official forums several years ago for just mentioning, that I started to play Wow on private servers. "Advertising private servers" was the reason, despite of fact, that I haven't provided any link or even name of the server. And advertising means specifying object being advertised. It's like being banned for mentioning, that I take my lunch in cafe with "Advertising cafe" reason. It's just nonsense. Also according to forum rules you can get temporary ban for advertising only. So, now you can imagine, how much Blizzard hate private servers. Even mentioning them - is big taboo on official forums. And if Blizzard hate private servers - their White Knights should hate them too. And I see nothing bad in starting to play Wow at private server. May be it's bad now. But back in 2004 I didn't have reliable enough Internet connection to play online games, so only local private servers were available for me. But I switched to official servers as soon, as my ISP provided me reliable enough connection. And what now? I can't even mention it? Like it's some sort of mortal sin? Nonsense. Complete nonsense. Official Wow - isn't so good to stigmatize as some sort of criminals.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

To be fair the private server guy's got a more fun version of WoW and it was for free. If I wasn't on them, I'd be pretty steamed too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I was permanently banned from official forums several years ago for just mentioning, that I started to play Wow on private servers. "Advertising private servers" was the reason, despite of fact, that I haven't provided any link or even name of the server. And advertising means specifying object being advertised. It's like being banned for mentioning, that I take my lunch in cafe with "Advertising cafe" reason. It's just nonsense. Also according to forum rules you can get temporary ban for advertising only. So, now you can imagine, how much Blizzard hate private servers. Even mentioning them - is big taboo on official forums. And if Blizzard hate private servers - their White Knights should hate them too. And I see nothing bad in starting to play Wow at private server. May be it's bad now. But back in 2004 I didn't have reliable enough Internet connection to play online games, so only local private servers were available for me. But I switched to official servers as soon, as my ISP provided me reliable enough connection. And what now? I can't even mention it? Like it's some sort of mortal sin? Nonsense. Complete nonsense. Official Wow - isn't so good to stigmatize as some sort of criminals.
    1.You need to learn to format your posts.
    2.I have been banned from steam-Killing Floor 2 forum because I told someone that buying from key stores is just as bad as pirating it. I have changed that opinion since then.
    Last edited by mmocdca0ffe102; 2016-04-09 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    To be fair the private server guy's got a more fun version of WoW and it was for free. If I wasn't on them, I'd be pretty steamed too.
    This absolutely 100%

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Would Blizzard be receptive to this?
    From what I have read its about they dont have the code and servers anymore..

So its about a cost to benefit problem... not enough benefit for the cost... remove the cost (crowd fund it, make it worth Blizzard's time and resource investment) and I suspect you'll get a lot farther than anyone else has thus far in their campaigns of crying, private servers, etc.

It all comes down to the golden rule... Ass, Gas, or Cash, no one rides for free. Put something in the tank for Blizzard to drive the car where you want it to go.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    From what I have read its about they dont have the code and servers anymore..

So its about a cost to benefit problem... not enough benefit for the cost... remove the cost (crowd fund it, make it worth Blizzard's time and resource investment) and I suspect you'll get a lot farther than anyone else has thus far in their campaigns of crying, private servers, etc.

It all comes down to the golden rule... Ass, Gas, or Cash, no one rides for free. Put something in the tank for Blizzard to drive the car where you want it to go.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pmizz View Post
    This absolutely 100%
    To be fair too, the people that post on the official blizzard forums are usually weirdo's that like shit like garrisons, LFR, and pet battling, so they probably think WoD is amazing. It's kind of like arguing that basketball is the greatest sport while you're at a football game - most of the people on that site are predisposed to not agree with you already.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    1.You need to learn to format your posts.
    2.I have been banned from steam-Killing Floor 2 forum because I told someone that buying from key stores is just as bad as pirating it. I have changed that opinion since then.
    It's nonsense, because thousands of players are doing it now - discussing private servers. Will Blizzard ban them all? The exact phrase, I was banned for, is - "I started my way in Wow somewhere in a winter or spring of 2006 from private local servers". That's it. I appealed to support numerous of times - they just answer via auto-message a-la "We reviewed your case very carefully and confirmed, that your ban is legitimate".

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

They knew they were taking a risk when they signed up. There's no need to hate on them. Just like with any large group of people, there's good apples and bad apples. But there's really no reason to feel bad for them either. They took a risk and it didn't pay off. Vanilla was great, but I think its time to let it go, or just keep pushing at blizzard to open a server. Show them it can be profitable. It's just a matter of time after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    I understand it a contentious topic, but generally speaking you tend to expect a certain degree of empathy from any average human when they witness a genuinely benevolent group of people suffer some form of agony or emotional pain.

but official forums be like "OMG yes i hope you all die you're worse than the terroriest and all the evil and..."

just... why.
    I would imagine because Blizzard stocks the official forums with their employees just as I'm sure they do here.

People are smug on the internet, We all do it in one way or another. I do enjoy all the people saying its stealing who most likely watched the latest episode of X on a file sharing website whilst playing retro games on emulators. I think the server should have stayed it quite honestly does not make sense that they shut it down unless they plan to announce throwback servers themselves which I don't see them doing becasue it would be like admitting that the direction they have taken the game is not a good one and we are all just playing out of the sake of it / there being nothing else.

I understand the people on both sides of the argument more so the pro nost than the anti nost since really there is no reason to not add legacy servers other than being too prideful.
    "We are not in Azeroth anymore"
    *1 months later*
    "We are back in Azeroth"

The idiotic brainwashed fanboys of Blizzard tend to be ridiculously defensive of whenever Blizzard does something dumb (which tends to be a lot of late).

Quote Originally Posted by Bormes View Post
    They knew they were taking a risk when they signed up.
    I doubt it, otherwise they wouldn't be here crying about it.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I doubt it, otherwise they wouldn't be here crying about it.
    We're not crying we're discussing legacy servers in the first blizzard monitored space we have ever been allowed in.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    To be fair too, the people that post on the official blizzard forums are usually weirdo's that like shit like garrisons, LFR, and pet battling, so they probably think WoD is amazing. It's kind of like arguing that basketball is the greatest sport while you're at a football game - most of the people on that site are predisposed to not agree with you already.
    To be fair too, the people that play Classic are usually wiredos that like shit like kissing raid & guild leaders' boots, exclusivity, grinding, and strutting around IF getting people to gawk at their epix!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why do the people who play on private servers hate people who don't? For instance, in the thread on our forum about Nost being shut down, multiple people were banned for telling retail players that they should kill themselves.

The answer is that people, online, lose any social inhibitions.
    I hate penguins and love polar bears. Come at me brah!

On topic, this picture needs to be stickied. Period.

Last edited by Teebone; 2016-04-09 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pmizz View Post
    We're not crying we're discussing legacy servers in the first blizzard monitored space we have ever been allowed in.
    Did you take your video game human rights case to the UN yet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    Thank you.
    Will it work? I dont honestly know, If you have a group that pulls together several million dollars and makes a reasoned, financial case to do this. You bet it will advance the discussion.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, to answer the question in title, simply because you keep shoving your private server crap in our faces, there wasn't a week and at times a day over last year where I would not see a topic in MMO-C how Vanilla is awesome and how Nos is second coming of Jesus Christ while WoD is shit inferior game.

So yes, that, maybe if you would be sitting quietly in your caves and not preaching this bullshit all over the Web, people would not be that angry at you.

Heck Nos got in Blizz crosshairs exactly because of that, so you have nobody but yourselves to blame. If you would be sitting quietly and keeping your bullshit to yourselves, you would be playing that shit for years on.

Heck, the current behavior the said "benevolent" individuals display with their massive trolling wave on official and MMO-C forums kill any sort of sympathy they might have got otherwise. Disgusting really.

As a side note, I am pretty upset with moderators that allow this clown fest to go on, despite the very forum rules forbidding discussion on the topic.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-09 at 07:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    While I feel badly for those that played on THAT server, I feel badly that they made bad choices and now have to suffer the consequences of those bad choices. That said, when you go to the official forums and then bemoan the consequences of those bad choices or throw a temper tantrum over the result of THOSE bad choices my empathy disappears. I dont believe them to be worse than terrorists or evil or anything of the sort, I believe them to be individuals that made bad choices and now have to contend with the consequences of their actions. Additionally, you might want to relearn the meaning of the word benevolent, because the horseshit I saw on the Blizzard forums and the shitshow that those former players of THAT server are causing on MMOC I see nothing benevolent about it.
    Agreed. I lost any empathy when they reacted in such a fashion. I get why people are upset and I too at one point tried a private server back in the TBC days, so I understand where they are coming from. Still, this behaviour is pretty disgusting that this private server community has displayed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    NO.

STOP IT.

They would need hundreds of thousands of American dollars to make that defense, and they're french - keep that conversation out of this thread.
    Hahahahaha! What, are you serious? Let me laugh even harder. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I would love to see you become their defense attorney in court and have it broadcasted online just so I could have a good laugh. This is just rich.