Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    He most likely made it bluer because he's used to atrociously blue LED monitors =|
    "He" will show you tomorrow a picture of both monitors working side by side reset to factory defaults, so you will be able to see for yourself if I am a retard you try to claim I am, OK?

The U2414H and P2414H are basically the same panel, the only difference is factory calibration, bezels and connection ports.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Being super honest they're both IPS and not exactly ideal for gaming or anything that needs image quality. They're good for image/video editing because of their uniformity and office work because they're flicker free.

Why are they bad for gaming/media consumption in my opinion? Because 1000:1 contrast is just too bad.
    Is VA and contrast ratio the new fad?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    "He" will show you tomorrow a picture of both monitors working side by side reset to factory defaults, so you will be able to see for yourself if I am a retard you try to claim I am, OK?
    Never said you're a retard. Making displays bluer because you're used to seeing things bluer is completely normal for the average Joe.
    Also, pictures are never an accurate measurement of a display's image so you won't really prove anything with pictures. If you want us to actually look and be sure that the monitor was super off then you have to show us a log from a spectrometer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    VA's contrast is actually still bad, it's just less bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    It's never been a fad. There are a number of things that contribute to image quality and contrast ratio is one of them. For media consumption VAs tend to be preferred due to it. For professional work IPS is always preferred. It is still subjective but general opinion when it comes to image quality for non enthusiasts.
    Most people don't even notice when the white point is off or even if the color accuracy is absurdly off but contrast ratio is easily recognized. This is where some issues arise when it comes to 'what's a better panel' even in the TV space.
    People preach about how OLED is better, or how IPS is better or whatever, but they all have their own drawbacks. The one with the least flaw actually I can think of is CLEDs. It's a lot more resilient than OLED and still has great color reproduction and contrast. Since they're all just LEDs, viewing angle should be fine without color shifts like OLEDs and VA/TN panels.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-04-09 at 09:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plasma at controlled environments was perfection.
    But way higher power consumption and possibility of burn-ins.

10+ Year Old Account
    There you go, 2 factory reset U2412M's, good job Dell...

http://i.imgur.com/DK0n2HO.jpg

Deleted
    Sorry that I know this is an old post but upon stumbling upon this post I just couldn't resist and have to point out that U2412M simply didn't have factory calibration at all. Of course you would see wild differences. In fact this is the primary reason why U2415 is an update on U2412M. The factory calibration offered by Dell is wonderful.

I'm not allowed to post links now but you can search "best 24-inch monitor Wirecutter" and find out yourself at the article by Wirecutter, or indeed any monitor review site.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    There you go, 2 factory reset U2412M's, good job Dell...

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For people defending IPS strongly, you should check out a solid VA panel. It's a step up for sure with far superior contrast, 3000:1 as opposed to 1000:1.

Of course, if we all wait patiently, HDR monitors will come out more and more and we'll have REAL contrast of 1,000,000:1 instead of dynamic or constant of 1000. lol

It's no wonder I wasn't blown away by my first IPS monitor in comparison to the TN panels before it... sure the colors are more uniform across the monitor, but they are no more vibrant nor have better contrast. Now my VA panel on the other hand...........
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water