Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Hahahahaha! What, are you serious? Let me laugh even harder. Hahahahahahahahahahahaha!

I would love to see you become their defense attorney in court and have it broadcasted online just so I could have a good laugh. This is just rich.
    Oh man. Thanks for digging that one up. Good laughs.

Because they are Blizzard fanboys and they will defend anything Blizzard does and attack any perceived threat, whether real or imaginary.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    To be fair too, the people that play Classic are usually wiredos that like shit like kissing raid & guild leaders' boots, exclusivity, grinding, and strutting around IF getting people to gawk at their epix!!!!
    Nah, I think there's big differences. For example, if you want to see cheaters and bots get banned, you go Nostalrius. On retail blizzard will let those people go unpunished for years, often using the excuse "we have to let them bot, so that we can understand the programs and eventually ban them in one fell swoop"... even when you submit a ticket saying "Hey, this guy is literally botting right now, look!"

On the private servers you also get a real community. One where you don't have to queue up just to see players. Rather you go anywhere and you meet people, help someone with a quest, or make buddies.

Ditto with world pvp, you can go to just about any zone besides the starter ones and find people to have epic battles with, sometimes even turning in to raids.

Not forgetting more interesting professions, items in general (HoJ, Tidal Charm, Furbolg pouch, engineering reflectors, felstriker, ironfoe, etc.), 40 man raiding, world bosses that can actually kill you........ among other things.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Because they are Blizzard fanboys and they will defend anything Blizzard does and attack any perceived threat, whether real or imaginary.
    I hate both WoD and private servers. Does this blow your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by pmizz View Post
    Why are you talking about Blizzard ToU

That's the document I am saying is a violation of human rights.

No Video game should be banned from being played Period. there is no argument aginst this besides just cyclical restating of why it's illegal.

I know it's illegal just like woman voting were.
    Comparing video games to woman's voting rights... Wow...just wow.

Can we please start locking these treads? They are just full of name calling, non-sense, and trolling.

As often as I do play them, I realize Blizzard nor other paying subscribers like them for the fact that they're against the ToS and taking intellectual property.

You just have to respect the opinions of the people who don't like them. People were grilling me for the fact that others advertised them on places like here, and I do agree that placing them here is a bad idea. I prefer to keep them private, as they should be.

Am I making a not-so-right decision to play them? Sure.
    Do I still pay a subscription? Damn well I do.
    Does it make playing the other servers right? Probably not.

That's just how it is.

I hope with this lesson, those that truly do dislike these copyright laws and, who perhaps have the ability to do so, become lawyers or w/e and do their best to change some of the BS laws that they believe are so unfair. I can't say whether or not the laws are just, as I'm not very keen on all of the info, but for those who are; learn from this and change the future if you're able. Giving up and simply complaining on the forums isn't the way.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, the real questions you're asking is if I went onto a music artists website and talked about downloading their song from pirate bay. Why would I get so much hostility from the artist?

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, the real questions your asking is if I went onto a music artists website and talked about downloading their song from pirate bay. Why would I get so much hostility from the artist?
    Clearly they should hug you and offer you a job.

My query with it is, as far as I'm aware.. nost didn't take any money from anyone?

yet there are DOZENS and DOZENS of other ones out there that do. though marginally less popular, they still accept payments. why are they existing?

whilst Blizz is 100% in the right to get nost shut down, I can't help but think it was less about money/IP and more about it's popularity. (I.e with 800k accounts, 11k concurrent users..) it becomes hard to deny this is a wanted thing within the community.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Raldazzar View Post
    My query with it is, as far as I'm aware.. nost didn't take any money from anyone?
    Actually they did, but they weren't able to raise enough.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    They exist because Blizzard hasn't hunted them down. Once, Blizzard becomes aware of them they have to shut them down. This is because art assets become public domain in the US if you don't defend your trademark/copyrights. And they cannot afford for all of their art assets to become public domain.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    So, the real questions you're asking is if I went onto a music artists website and talked about downloading their song from pirate bay. Why would I get so much hostility from the artist?
    Well, probably.

A better comparison is finding a beloved song/album that the artist no longer has available and downloading it from some website. Take for example "You Know You're Right" by Nirvana. It took forever to release, despite the two living band members wanting to release it due Courtney Love wanting to make more money off of it. So for years the song was only available via bootleg.

A much better comparison for this whole private server nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, we'd probably never get a chance to know, but I'd love to hear how the individuals of World of Warcraft private servers feel. Do they approve as long as the servers make no money off of running and simply make beloved content available to their fans?

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It's not so much hate on illegal private servers, it's more hate on people on said illegal private servers who act outraged and entitled to free use of a product not sanctioned by the owner of the IP and the subsequent whining and bitching at people who tell them "this was going to happen eventually."
    Amen to this. I was neutral to this whole thing until I started reading reactions to Nost getting shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by Siuo View Post
    arenajunkies.com/topic/343389-nostalrius-is-gone/page__st__40#entry4574199 really good post

copied from it:
    "What do you think then, would happen with these managers and developers? They will forever be known within the field as those guys who's improved product is less popular than the 10 year old original product. That would seriously gimp any future job prospects. Who would want to hire these guys?"
    I agree with this analysis. But then it's no more "Blizzard protecting justly its IP from evil pirates who benefit from the hard work of others" (even though they didn't profit, but good luck making the fanboys accept facts), but it becomes "petty and incompetent designers pissing on the parade of others because they're afraid that their shitty work is seen for what it is", which is obviously a bit harder to defend (well, except for the said fanboys who will continue to ignore everything and repeat "BUT THEY THIEVES DURRR DURRRRRRR !").

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I agree with this analysis. But then it's no more "Blizzard protecting justly its IP from evil pirates who benefit from the hard work of others" (even though they didn't profit, but good luck making the fanboys accept facts), but it becomes "petty and incompetent designers pissing on the parade of others because they're afraid that their shitty work is seen for what it is", which is obviously a bit harder to defend (well, except for the said fanboys who will continue to ignore everything and repeat "BUT THEY THIEVES DURRR DURRRRRRR !").
    Spin it however you want. Some people think stealing money is okay because "how else would I eat." But its still theft.

people hate illegal things and the supporters of doing illegal things.
    more news at 10
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I think what people often forget is that these people are mostly angry that Blizzard refuses to open a Vanilla server so they can continue playing the game they love. Then some people come along and call them horrible thieves and pirates, and all sorts of other awful names.

I consider it akin to if they took LFR away and people got upset about it, and people called them all kinds of awful names for wanting it back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    I think what people often forget is that these people are mostly angry that Blizzard refuses to open a Vanilla server so they can continue playing the game they love. Then some people come along and call them horrible thieves and pirates, and all sorts of other awful names.

I consider it akin to if they took LFR away and people got upset about it, and people called them all kinds of awful names for wanting it back.
    It's like sitting in your bedroom talking to your wife, your GF calls and you tell her on the phone all the nasty things you wanna do to her while your wife is sitting there... The upset Blizzard supporters are like your wife... do you expect her to get mad? I would, deservedly so.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2016-04-09 at 11:40 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    It's like sitting in your bedroom talking to your wife, your GF calls and you tell her on the phone all the nasty things you wanna do to her while your wife is sitting there... The upset Blizzard supporters are like your wife... do you expect her to get mad? I would, deservedly so.
    i have no idea how to respond to this.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor