Deleted

Rotation Helper with Weak Auras possible (like CLCRET)?

Hi!

So I'm getting quite comfortable with Weak Auras however I wonder if something like this is possible.

I already know how to make a rotation helper with Weak Auras that shows what ability I should use next for optimal DPS. However I wanna take it one step further. By having a second indicator that shows me what ability I should use after the primary one.

So I will have 2 indicators, first one that shows what ability to use, second one what ability to use after the first one. Much like CLCRet :http://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/clcret. In the picture it's showing Crusader Strike first, then Judgement.

Is it possible to make something like this with WeakAuras? Im getting stuck at making the second indicator (which ability to use after the first one). Anyone got some advice on how to do this (if it's possible)?

Thanks!

EDIT:
    I've been thinking for a solution. Don't know if this is the best solution but I could stack up all the rotation icons on top each other, and do that again for the "next to use after". So 2 stacks of the icons: "use now" and "next to use after" and link those 2 stacks together. So if Bloodthirst is showing up on "Use Now" dont allow it to show up on next to use after. Is this possible? Hiding an aura if another aura is triggered?
    Last edited by mmoc8504677281; 2016-03-11 at 02:01 PM.

Almost everything is possible with WeakAuras. In this case, you're basically asking how to write a full-fledged AddOn within WeakAuras. That said, it will require quite a bit more knowledge than just knowing how to work with WeakAuras.

If I were writing an aura like this, I would write it 100% custom. What that entails is setting your aura up so that WeakAuras does not manage any of your icons. WeakAuras supplies a region, set its opacity to 0. Get rid of it. Here's what that would look like:

So now you're going to make two regions. One for your "Use now" ability, and one for your "Use next" ability. Since abilities are prioritized based on a specific set of conditions, you can keep a list of available abilities. Available in this context means off cooldown, or will be off cooldown within the next GCD. Once you have your list of available abilities, you can sort them however you wish, likely by some fancy table.sort function.

At this point, you have a list of abilities, sorted by priority. You can set the texture for your first region to the icon of abilities[1], and likewise for your second region for abilities[2]. To optimize the whole thing, only update your available abilities on certain COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED events, either when you use an ability or gain/lose a buff for a proc that affects your rotation. The rest is up to you, how to display everything and what not.

Honestly, I wouldn't even want to think of a way to do it from within the WeakAuras UI. You just don't have enough power for something like this without doing it custom.

To answer your question, though, yes, it is possible to trigger/untrigger an aura based on another aura being displayed/hidden. Under the Actions tab, for either Show or Hide, add a custom line of code: WeakAuras.ScanEvents("Some_Event") (with quotes)

For your trigger on another aura that you want to listen to react to this, create a Custom Trigger for an Event and add Some_Event (no quotes this time). You can listen for this event in either Trigger or Untrigger (For Untrigger, change your condition from Timed to Custom). If your Trigger is setup to listen to multiple events (Some_Event, Some_Event2, Some_Event3) etc, then make your function header in Trigger or Untrigger like so:

function(event, ...)
    if event == "Some_Event" then ... end
    end

...that way you can react to different events in a different way.

Does this answer what you're looking for?

Deleted
    Thank you for your reply! I do have a brain and some basic knowledge however I very bad at writing stuff in custom. I'm glad it is possible but the way I have to achieve it does sound challenging. Do you know a guide where I can learn how to write in custom? For example I don't know what "COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED" means nor what should be after the then in this:

function(event, ...)
    if event == "Some_Event" then ... end
    end

I am good at copying at editing other peoples code. So if you know of an example of someone that achieved a "use now" and "next" ability rotation, that would help a lot :P (though I doubt it's somewhere on the internet)!

Unfortunately I do not know of any resources that would help out for something like this. I'll tell you what though, my spring break just started, so I might have some free time on my hands over the next week. If I get bored, I'll see if I can put something together for you. It may not be perfect, but it would be a good starting place for you to learn how things work, and maybe you could expand it to suit all of your needs.

You can check that article
    http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ost-weakauras/
    Dunno if someone made same thing for pally, but it definitely possible. I also seen same WA for enh, hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xundir View Post
    Unfortunately I do not know of any resources that would help out for something like this. I'll tell you what though, my spring break just started, so I might have some free time on my hands over the next week. If I get bored, I'll see if I can put something together for you. It may not be perfect, but it would be a good starting place for you to learn how things work, and maybe you could expand it to suit all of your needs.
    It would be really kind of you if you can provide me with a start where I can further build on!! Would greatly appreciate it when you got the time Will check this thread from time to time!

@lolec123 I checked that one already but it doesn't have the "next" ability icon. Tested the DK auras on my own DK but thanks for the reply!

Simple. Yes. Use dynamic groups. Learn them. They will change your wow life. I have sliding rotations for every spec. And unlike standalone addons, it's customizable. Some specs (like arcane or ret) are easier than others (like boomkins)
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-04-07 at 02:40 AM.

For example:

http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...ght-weakauras/

Quite easy, but a lot of effort. Just think about what you base your decision on when using a skill. And then put every condition into many triggers.

PSA: us battle net/ wow/ en/ forum/ topic/ 20419393223

Sorry, I can't post links yet. The above dismembered link goes to the report of an exploit that's been found in Weak Auras.

One way of the exploit being used apparently has been blocked. But just be careful using WeakAuras from strangers.

In this case, the exploit was "hey, add this Aura that does a cool thing," then a trade is offered, and during the trade, all your gold disappears.

It would be possible even without knowledge of lua programming but you would have alot of WA's for various triggers and < 1s left on CD and you would need someone to know the rotation and when its optimal to use X CD before X Ability. Out of curiosity why not just use CLCRet? I understand most people wan't to reduce addons they use

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    Simple. Yes. Use dynamic groups. Learn them. They will change your wow life. I have sliding rotations for every spec. And unlike standalone addons, it's customizable. Some specs (like arcane or ret) are easier than others (like boomkins)
    Are you interested in hosting them somewhere for others to use or are they top secret (because i really want them lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Jobeh View Post
    Are you interested in hosting them somewhere for others to use or are they top secret (because i really want them lol)
    What you are asking for is the way one specific player has their priorities set up.
    That is general advice suggesting that you decide what your needs are, what your rules are and to apply them yourself.

Under what conditions would you use a certain ability, what conditions would you not use it.
    Health status, resource status, cooldowns, other buffs/debuffs etc.
    It is quite possible that their own auras are set up for their setup, such as glyphs/talents and even their gear.
    I highly doubt that theirs are suitable for you to use "as-is".
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-04-09 at 12:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jobeh View Post
    There's no secret, but as there are many many auras, it doesn't lend itself well to import export, and you don't want to do that too much given the shady things some people have done with WA.

Just go to a sticky here or at Icy Veins and get the priority list. Shorten it down to what spells, and when.

Make a dynamic group. Call it, say, Druid Balance O. In this dynamic group make an aura that is your top priority, such as Action Usable: Starsurge or whatever, or if the target is missing a debuff etc. Make it use the icon of the spell. Make it first in the list. Maybe add in the keybind in the text. Maybe add a sound.

Repeat for the 2nd highest in priority list, then 3rd, etc. The sequence of auras in the dynamic group corresponds to the priority.

Adjust whether you want to to slide in and out from the left, right etc. Position the dynamic group to where you will look to see what to do next, ideally somewhere visible near at the center of the screen-ish. Don't make it too big.

I think you just need to mess with it some. Once you get more practice, it takes maybe 30 minutes to do this on each spec, and it doesn't change unless there's a patch or expac or something major. And a bonus is, if it's a new spec for you, you really drill down into the hows and whys of what you have to do.
    Last edited by Machinelf; 2016-04-11 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks for the explanation, I'll try learn to make some myself

So can somebody send me a special macros ?

Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    And a bonus is, if it's a new spec for you, you really drill down into the hows and whys of what you have to do.
    This is an important point, in that you are having to really think about how your spec works.
    If an icon pops up, you know why it is popping up because you dictated those conditions.

That is the only way I can get behind a rotation helper in telling you what button to press.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.