Bad loading of NPC's and Players

Why is it that the world is so large, yet It's completely empty outside of a 40 yard range around your character? It's like the simulation in Rick and morty, and it's really easy to escape it. I'll be in running around in Ashran, and suddenly be standing in the dead center of 40 enemy players. Or farming timber in Nagrand having to babysit each tree I mark, because if I move too far I don't get the timber. Even just flying around and having to wait a couple second for NPC's or players to load in front of you.

This is ridiculous. The game exists in an incredibly tiny bubble around you. It feels empty and can be frustrating when the bubble works against you.

Does this bother anyone else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeksie View Post
    Why is it that the world is so large, yet It's completely empty outside of a 40 yard range around your character? It's like the simulation in Rick and morty, and it's really easy to escape it. I'll be in running around in Ashran, and suddenly be standing in the dead center of 40 enemy players. Or farming timber in Nagrand having to babysit each tree I mark, because if I move too far I don't get the timber. Even just flying around and having to wait a couple second for NPC's or players to load in front of you.

This is ridiculous. The game exists in an incredibly tiny bubble around you. It feels empty and can be frustrating when the bubble works against you.

Sounds like a lag issue to me......that's the only time I experience any of this. When I cut timber as soon as the guy pops out I mount up and fly away and get the timber.....only have to wait to see npc's when lagging. So no, doesn't bother me. I guess be thankful you aren't in the alpha...now that's a lag fest. Fun to be in the middle of a fight and suddenly stop and rock back and forth in front of the guy or go to loot something and never straighten up until you dc

Deleted

when alot of stuff happens on a server map. the player draw distance is reduced. this happened to me too. entered ashran. massive wave of enemies just turned 40 yards infront of me

Deleted

Yes, it does that. It's not lag, it's normal.

The tree issue you described is one of the most obvious examples, because you actually lose stuff from it. Same for flying mounts - once you reach a certain altitude, mobs and doodads outside your bubble disappear.

It's probably about bandwidth, the server only sends you the coordinates of objects inside your bubble, because it has no way of knowing if you have line of sight to them. If it did, it could phase things in or out more intelligently. Think z-buffer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Confused Human View Post
    Yes, it does that. It's not lag, it's normal.

The tree issue you described is one of the most obvious examples, because you actually lose stuff from it. Same for flying mounts - once you reach a certain altitude, mobs and doodads outside your bubble disappear.

It's probably about bandwidth, the server only sends you the coordinates of objects inside your bubble, because it has no way of knowing if you have line of sight to them. If it did, it could phase things in or out more intelligently. Think z-buffer.
    ive always felt were walking on grids. i see a bunch of mobs pop up in a group when it gets laggy