Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    this thread started great, but the amount of assholes that have entered in the last 10 pages...

hey, if you want to make the center of the issue about "stealing" something that didn't exist, be my guest.

However, based on the last 10 pages of posts it is 100% clear to me that the morality argument is ABSOLUTELY complete and utter bullshit. The amount of verbal assault displayed here clearly demonstrates that no one gives a rats ass about morality.

Its a mask to hide behind.

and hiding is a good idea, considering the amount of stupid (and otherwise bat-shit crazy) generalizations being passed around.

If i were that much of an idiot, I'd want to hide behind something too.

Quote Originally Posted by Truculentt View Post
    this thread started great, but the amount of assholes that have entered in the last 10 pages...

hey, if you want to make the center of the issue about "stealing" something that didn't exist, be my guest.

However, based on the last 10 pages of posts it is 100% clear to me that the morality argument is ABSOLUTELY complete and utter bullshit. The amount of verbal assault displayed here clearly demonstrates that no one gives a rats ass about morality.

and hiding is a good idea, considering the amount of stupid (and otherwise bat-shit crazy) generalizations being passed around.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...4#post39710224

NO.

STOP IT.

They would need hundreds of thousands of American dollars to make that defense, and they're french - keep that conversation out of this thread.
    You were saying?

Were? 10chars
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Respect for law, perhaps? You know, the copyright law regime that allows commercial products like WoW to be developed in the first place?
    then again, i dont think blizzard lost a single dollar on nostalrius existing.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    yes, that absolutely right... and ive seen the comments where people are like "oh legal defense doesnt cost that in todays world". Are you fucking insane?

Its not a criminal case. It would be a civil case, against blizzard (who im sure has some of the top attorneys in the country).

if you think thats defendable without a top rate defense team, you're delusional

yes, that absolutely right... and ive seen the comments where people are like "oh legal defense doesnt cost that in todays world". Are you fucking insane?

Its not a criminal case. It would be a civil case, against blizzard (who im sure has some of the top attorneys in the country).

if you think thats defendable without a top rate defense team, you're delusional
    That wasn't really the funny part in your post. Now it's even funnier when you can't comprehend what is. So planning on hiding under anything soon?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-04-10 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    I think what people often forget is that these people are mostly angry that Blizzard refuses to open a Vanilla server so they can continue playing the game they love. Then some people come along and call them horrible thieves and pirates, and all sorts of other awful names.

I consider it akin to if they took LFR away and people got upset about it, and people called them all kinds of awful names for wanting it back.
    Exactly this.

Blizzard, intentionally or not, took away a game that some people loved. And yes, Vanilla was a vastly different game from modern WoW.

Blizzard refuses to give that game back. What more, they openly mock people who want it and act as if they know an individual better than the individual does. You think you do, but you don't!

So fans of the original game take the client from that original game and open up their own service, with blackjack and hookers.

Now Blizzard has taken that away too.

All the while their cheerleaders over in the official forums celebrate and spam the "Wall of No" bullshit in every thread made. Because reasons.

You don't even have to be a Nost player to be a little peeved at the situation.

I fully expect flames but whatever. Anti-Nost people like to claim that the Nost fans are the only ones being assholes in this ruckus, but I've seen plenty of you "legal experts" act just as vile as they. Perhaps moreso since having the law on one's side tends to embolden. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to illegal Taylor Swift uploads on literally any website that isn't Youtube. And there's nothing you can do about it.
    Last edited by Silverware; 2016-04-10 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Blizzard, intentionally or not, took away a game that some people loved.
    Did you click agree to the ToS that said the game may change? Yes or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    It is their game, they can do what they want.
    And we are here to voice our displeasure.
    MMO-C is allowing these discussions. Blizzard forums are not.

Did you click agree to the ToS that said the game may change? Yes or no?
    Well, WoD is subpar - but it's okay, Blizzard, we all clicked that button

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Well, WoD is subpar - but it's okay, Blizzard, we all clicked that button
    Yes and when I noticed it was subpar I unsubbed. And I didn't move on to private servers. How hard was that?

7+ Year Old Account

You see, I'm not even mad about them playing a vanilla private server, but this kind of attitude blows me up. When pirates claim: "there is no money lost by the company", they are not your costumers" or something similar, it reallly pisses me. If nost players want to pirate the game for whatever reason, that is fine, I find it awful, but its their life. I've pirated some games, movies and music and I have no leg to stand on when it comes to criticize them. But for basic decency they should at least accept they broke the law move on and that is, instead they choose to kick and scream as if it was their right and Blizzard took it away. And no, I'm sure that from those 800k players at least 1% would've played retail if it wasn't for free alternatives. That is a minimum of 90k dolars per month, that Blizzard missed in profit. And 1% is a low number, 5% (450k), 10% (900k) you get the idea

Based on a lot of anti-pserver posts I've seen in the past few days, none of them are very educated on the topic. None of them know how they work, how they're made, or how they're maintained. A lot of it is that the WoW community is caught up in a hate cycle between players who want more content and players who want to enjoy old content. Both are absolutely rabid and hate each other for some reason.

I think that the more relevent content there is, the more people will play WoW. Many private server players want a home that's endorsed by blizzard and is safe from threat of shutdown. If blizzard made legacy servers, it would destroy the private server market AND generate more players who quit and don't play pservers AND retain players during these long content droughts with more relevant content. The cycle of hatred makes no sense to me, but both sides are arguing pointlessly on their own taste in the game, disregarding the opinions and beliefs of others. Lot of private server players are rabid lunatics, lot of anti-private server players are rabid lunatics, neither are productive. Private servers need to be abolished. Legacy servers need to be implemented.

10+ Year Old Account

You want people that are playing by the rules to welcome you into their home so you can shitspew and not take offense? Seriously? Morality you say? you want people to defend your bad life choices and tell you its all going to be okay? In the beginning I was on the fence about how empathetic to be toward you and your crew from THAT server, with your incessant whining, with the continuous defending of your actions, there is no empathy to give, zero, none. The feelings you have evoked is that of pity not for your situation, but pity for for your mental state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silverware View Post
    Exactly this.

Blizzard, intentionally or not, took away a game that some people loved.
    I assure you, Blizzard's actions were absolutely intentional. And I support Blizzard's actions to protect what belongs to them, especially in the face of the hatred from the folks from THAT server

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First three posts should have been /thread.

They alone sum up exactly why Private Server talk turns into an infinite circular argument. People take a side, get too worked up, and then just repeat the same two phrases back and forth forever.

Look, at the end of the day Live Players dislike Private Servers because that's what you're trained to do. That Site is an unholy ground of hacks, cheats, bots, and bans waiting to happen.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Because they don't like people enjoying something that is "supposed" to be bad in their eyes. WoD NUMBA #1
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

"forum about Nost being shut down, multiple people were banned for telling retail players that they should kill themselves."

thing is your on a website of people who still keep up with wow, people who still are happy or enjoy retail wow in some way to want to keep in the community/keep playing the game and keeping up with what is coming out

to come to a website of people who are atleast ok with how wow is then complain that its horrible, of corse your gunna get told screw off, both both sides are at fault, both sides have harrased eachtoher and threatend eachother in defence, however i would say the nost side is the worse... even attacking the website calling the website a cesspool of blind **** gargling fanbois... like dear lord when vanilla/old stuff is involved people become rabid dogs...

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    Because they don't like people enjoying something that is "supposed" to be bad in their eyes. WoD NUMBA #1
    Exactly this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I hate both WoD and private servers. Does this blow your mind?
    No? Why would it?

Blizzard have an enormous number of sycophants and fanboys who think everything they do is magic (even though the dev teams that created their best games - WC3/WoW/SC/D2 have long since left the company).

It's not even worth discussing blizzard objectively on official forums or on here because there is a hive mind of blizzard fanboyism that attacks any sort of criticism of the company.

It reminds me of reddit in how SJWs have corrupted that site to the point that politically incorrect subs have to fear for their existence. Some people are simply suck-ups and control freaks, especially on blizz forums.