Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    like: - trivialized class quests
    - old naxx I guess since we got a lv80 version
    - old za / timed chest
    dislike: - consumables that gave the game depth (blinding powder, arrows/bullets, candles, different types of mage water etc.)
    - skill requirement for dps rotations (even Brazilians do almost the same dps as good players these days)
    - reforging
    - meaningful profession bonuses (ie the crit from skinning, better gems for jewelcrafting)
    - gems for gear
    - 8 piece tier sets
    - pruned abilities that are gone simply to make the game easier
    - -ghostcrawler (yeah ...)
    - active arena tournament realm
    - non healer dispels
    - no cd defensive dispels
    - fun duelling
    - weapon skills (1 night meleeing in mc to get to 300 can hardly be called too much sork)
    - attunements for raids (also liked the revered rep for heroics idea)
    - keys / keychain - like the quest chain to get arcatraz key
    - separate damage and healing spell boni so if you wanted more damage as a healer you could just use a damage enchant / dps gear
    - gear that is for one spec to make it more unique
    - quivers
    - dangerous game world
    - oldschool rides (lol)
    - meaningful pvp rewards (gear at rating intervals for example)
    - hunter mana
    - int increasing total mana
    - resistances
    - hunter pet loyality
    - feeding pets
    - talent system
    - any actual choice in how I gear
    Last edited by xindralol; 2016-04-10 at 06:09 AM.

What do you like that has been removed from the game?
    i do miss firestone/spellstone as warlock... would like if they made it like a enchant like rogues posions
    also the armors, fel armor and demon armor

What do you dislike that has been removed from the game?
    hit/exp (so pissed that i had to keep changing my gems/enchants to make sure i had it
    all the curses you never used if you did pve
    spirit being used for locks? like wtf....

I'm going to take this question as if it were genuine and not thinly disguised anti flying sentiment.

I'm sad that original class quests were removed (I also miss some of the lengthier general epic chains that were there and took you all over the world, but not as much as class quests). totems, shape shifting forms, getting your warrior stances, learning poisons, questing for your demons, etc. they added a lot of flavor to classes, that I don't think we can get back with... removing more stuff.

what I'm glad was changed - mounts, pets and heirlooms being account wide now.

Like: The need to sit around in a city spamming Trade Chat for a group to get into a dungeon.

Dislike: MoP 5.1 style daily/reputation/story system.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    Not missed: ARROWS - Absurdly annoying

Missed: Back when you had to time your Steady Shots with your auto attacks to maximize DPS, really separated the boys to the men!
    Nonsense. There were a list of macros, each for a different weapon speed, that you would simply take from the guides and spam so they would do the timing for you. BM in Burning Crusade is a good candidate for the most brainless spec ever.

Liked: Weapon skills (At least in the form they were in)
    Disliked: Ugh too many, old dungeons/raids are a big one, but for me I think fantasy items is one of the biggest, reagents, flint and tinder, brewing poisons, etc.

Infractions: 2

Not missed:
    Weapon skills

Missed:
    Socketed gear
    Challenging pre-end game content
    Talent-trees
    Volley, fuck Multi-shot
    Blood DK DPS
    Badges and Rep as they were in Wrath

In-between: I wouldn't say I miss the pre-Cata Azeroth. It was due for an update. BUT I dislike that now Azeroth is stuck in a position that's completely out of context now that Cata is behind two other expansions. I wish Blizzard could've made the zones less . . . -cataclysmic and more just updated in general with storylines that reflect the zone rather than the expansion's storyline.

10+ Year Old Account
    not missed : deadzone for hunters

missed like hell : eyes of the beast
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Deleted
    Except for if you actually played then you would know the macro for Steady Shot wasn't ACTUALLY a DPS increase in the slightest, it was actually way worse than doing it manually.....

Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    I miss the server community feeling from vanilla.

*snip*

I miss being 19 years old and having a lot more fun than I do today in this game.
    Dude, you miss being 19 years old.

The server community existed because the game was new, the community was new and everything had that novelty factor. It happens, you just need to adjust your expectations of what happens to games (there's not many of them) that span more than 10 years. What has happened to (in game) community is that it has become sharded, into Guilds, and this isn't really a bad thing; also, more and more players hang out in Guild / Cross Guild TeamSpeak / VOIP servers rather than watching in game chat channels.

There's so many metrics to measure in game community rather than the state of trade chat, but no one cites them.

LIKE: the feeling of being part of a Guild, the accomplishment of working together.

DISLIKE: the lone wolf experience of WoW; it is a very unfulfilling game without a Guild around you.
    Last edited by risingforce; 2016-04-10 at 07:59 AM.

We are proud to present the new Patch 7.3.0 for World of Warcraft Legion !

Changes in this version:

- The game has been removed from the game

New Battle.Net Info message:

The servers will be shutted down on 3:00 am this wednesday. They stay shutted down until... forever.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2016-04-10 at 08:02 AM.

I dislike that original hunter pet system was removed - training, loyalty, feeding, training points, learning skills from other pets.
    I dislike that flying for max level in new content was removed.
    I dislike that several really interesting skills were removed - like that paladin skill that let them mark one person to rez after wipe (can't remember name).
    I dislike old content revamp in Cata (revamp - huge nerf in mob count, and overal difficulty).

I like not carrying reagents for buffs.
    I like flying over Azeroth and generally flight points in places that originally didn't have them.
    Oh, and I like old content being reintroduced to game (timewalking dungeons), albeit level of challenge leaves much to be desired...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bring it all back, piss off everyone. Fuck goons

I disliked that a lot of my totems had been removed from the game - Wrath of Air, Windfury, Fire Nova, and Totem of Wrath.

I like that my ele shammy has a more sophisticated rotation nowadays with lava surge procs and fulmination earth shocks...

Quote Originally Posted by solshine2510 View Post
    I dislike that original hunter pet system was removed - training, loyalty, feeding, training points, learning skills from other pets.
    I dislike that flying for max level in new content was removed.
    I dislike that several really interesting skills were removed - like that paladin skill that let them mark one person to rez after wipe (can't remember name).
    divine intervention. I miss that skill...

agreed on pet mechanics. on one hand.. I like it that I can have my favorite pet out and have them tank for me without having to keep separate pets for separate roles, on the other hand... this is still in game, in a form of raid buffs/utility - but the interesting parts of having pets are gone. IMO. I did like taming various pets to learn their skills and figuring out which foods to carry for which pets and at the very least - getting my first pet. now, you just start with one and I feel like some of the feel of being a hunter is lost.. (and then of course, legion is making lone wolf to be baseline for MM and just.. /sad)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Well let me clarify, I LIKE that flying is no longer attainable the moment you hit max level. So from that perspective, it has been removed from the game, and I like that.
    Just because something isn't instantly obtainable it doesn't mean it's been removed - it means it's harder to get.

Not missed:

- Arrows
    - Weapon Skills

Missed:

- Reforging
    - Socketed gear
    - Hunter pet loyalty

I like removal of spell ranks. (Downranking heal spells was dumb)

I dislike removal of achievements/titles/mounts. I think they could have gone a different route such as Herald of the Titans and make it only achievable at the relevant level/ilevel.

Deleted
    I didn't like reforging being removed, but it couldn't stay in its full form.
    I would have loved if they'd kept reforging for tier pieces.
    WoD tier pieces, especially for hybrids didn't really feel very epic...

Having most of your gear with useless secondary stats was meh. Would have been cool to be able to reforge them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post

- Badge Vendors. Seriously, getting highly powerful gear from breezing through worthless dungeons is just asking for ruining any hope for a fair and sensible reward structure. There's other ways that involve less unnecessary entitlement to bring worthwhile rewards into lesser content.
    LOL. "Worthless", "entitlement", "lesser" ... stop having low-quality opinions.