10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Absolutely do I love to look at my kitty's face. She's adorable after all. :P
    ^

Also when I afk after doing whatever stuff I do, in the house I use /icam. Just cycles through random objects for giggles.

10+ Year Old Account
    BTW: Just to put this whole discussion back into perspective: we came to this point because the Batman asked how it is possible that someone still has not finished the relic.

This is the quintessential reason: I do all kinds of stuff, but I don't do it daily. So in a game balanced around people doing it daily, naturally my progress will slow down to a crawl.

On top of that I needed the concept art of the upcoming WHM staff he posted as motivation to continue, because the current iteration looks ugly to me.
    Yes I am one of them weird folks that values an items appearance enough to be motivated by it.

Yes I am one of them weird folks that values an items appearance enough to be motivated by it.
    You're not alone in that regard.

Then again, even though I really want the PLD sword and shield I'm just taking it slowly because I'm in no real rush to get it. I suppose that's one of the major draws of FFXIV for me - at the moment there isn't too much of a risk of missing out on content. Outside of seasonal events and rated PvP there's no time limit on stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did Alex: Gordias only couple times, mostly for story in it and ignored item upgrades from there since I didn't like how they looked. Alex: Midas held more interest since it has more items that looks nice, but theme is still a bit "meh", so been slacking with it. Would look better without those odd metal parts.

My main-relic is currently at the stage where I'd need those "Unidentifiable" -items, along with crafted ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup it'll be quite some time till they introduce the new relic form.

I'll probably be done with the 230 step way before I get the 80 unidentified items.

i feel gimp now, because my spear is still at 200

Don't tell this to anyone, but between you and me: I have come to enjoy the slower pace and the off GCD abilities on my DRK.
    WoW feels so frantic and stressful yet weirdly limited due to a lack of oGCD stuff (hard to describe). Esp as a tank. :X
    Eh I actually like it more too yet like you said I actually do think in a way its limited. I like pressing a lot of buttons but I don't like pressing that same button 10 times a second.

This is the quintessential reason: I do all kinds of stuff, but I don't do it daily. So in a game balanced around people doing it daily, naturally my progress will slow down to a crawl.

On top of that I needed the concept art of the upcoming WHM staff he posted as motivation to continue, because the current iteration looks ugly to me.
    Which is a perfectly valid way of playing the game. I can't do the same roulette day in and out otherwise it starts to become a chore (hello Garrisons). I do like that if I choose to I can do it all in a day.

Also who cares. I don't raid so most of the reasons I do the things I do is to look pretty. Who wants to look ugly?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    i feel gimp now, because my spear is still at 200
    My 200 Relic staff is .. umm ... I think my retainer is toying around with it right now.

Don't feel bad. The 210 step is way overtuned. SE even admitted that, since they had the same item level as A4Savage weapons, SE felt the need to somehow "equal the effort". Now that raid weapons have a higher item level to boot, they can tone down the relic grind to more reasonable levels.

Personally I just feel it's sad that they didn't nerf it now, but I understand why. Would feel like a shitty move to all them people that did the work just a few months ago. To soon for a nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    it starts to become a chore (hello Garrisons)
    Garrisons are okay.... until you have alts.
    The amount of gold is so huge that you feel like an idiot for not exploiting it as hard as you can. So I log through 5 characters 2x a day.
    I make a shitton of gold, but I won't miss that one bit when Legion ends this relogging madness.

Garrisons are okay.... until you have alts.
    The amount of gold is so huge that you feel like an idiot for not exploiting it as hard as you can. So I log through 5 characters 2x a day.
    I make a shitton of gold, but I won't miss that one bit when Legion ends this relogging madness.
    Meh they were okay at the start. After a while they made me detest that game. Its not even really the missions themselves to be frank, its the entire thing. A lot of things just there waiting for you to pick up. If I didn't I felt like I was wasting my time or not doing it "right". I hated it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    Meh they were okay at the start. After a while they made me detest that game. Its not even really the missions themselves to be frank, its the entire thing. A lot of things just there waiting for you to pick up. If I didn't I felt like I was wasting my time or not doing it "right". I hated it.
    Hm.. oh. okay. Naah I just ignore most of it (like ore/herbs and stuff). I do missions on all chars and the recycle boxes on two chars.

I also deliberately set the cut at 5 Garrisons even though I have more alts.

Then Garrisons came along, and took all the fun out of it. Oh, sure, I could make a million gold quick, but it was boring. And meaningless, a million was worth much less than it was before.
    Yeah I can understand that. While it is nice to get so much gold for free, I'd prefer a way that ... i don't know ... necessitated PLAYING THE ACTUAL GAME somewhat? Maybe? ... Dumb thing to want?

Hm.. oh. okay. Naah I just ignore most of it (like ore/herbs and stuff). I do missions on all chars and the recycle boxes on two chars.

I also deliberately set the cut at 5 Garrisons even though I have more alts.
    Nope not that good at controlling myself. I have to click on everything... lesigh. Better to cut myself off before it gets too bad.

I really hope we get to blow up our garrisons as we leave Draenor ;>.
    Last edited by Aruhen; 2016-04-10 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    *chuckles* while I would love to do it, my priestess wouldn't dare to harm the beauty of SMV.

If it were up to her, the Garrison would be formally dismantled, the resources reused and the land given back to Draenor.

So me and a few friends have just moved to Phoenix. Must say it's a lively server . Also on the note of Garrisons, fuck them. They were supposed to be an answer to player housing and failed goddamn miserably. Every time I see the word "Garrison" a little vein pops out of my head and I have to force it back in so I don't get angry . Oh question for Eternal Bond annulments, does it remove the other persons ring or do they keep it and are able to tp to you still? Just wondering.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-04-10 at 03:11 AM.

Well I'm enjoying my return to ARR, a lot I'm still trying to get but its been fun. Discovered my pugilist was actually left off at 10 and not 15 like I thought it was, so leveled him up to 15 and leveling my 20 rogue atm to get to Ninja. I think I will resub and ditch WoW for now, even if I just pay gold to play WoW, why try to keep up 2 MMOs when I can enjoy 1? Might even have to get the expac later down the road when I hit 50...

Even just looking around at the scenery is fun in its own way just because graphically it's so much nicer than WoW; you want people to get out in the world Blizz? Take a cue and at least make it look nice instead of reusing the same crappy tree models since launch probably. Of course I'm aware I'll probably bore with it quickly if I ever had to level an alt, but that's one nice aspect of FFXIV, you can just level everything on 1 character instead of being tied to 1 class. The combat system, eh, mixed feelings, I both like and dislike how slow it seems, but it is nice they at least try to make you use other abilities to "combo" instead of spamming mutilate and dumping it on a cp spender (WoW rogues could also take a cue from the more dynamic attacking animations of rogues in ARR).

Maybe the one thing I find odd, does no one chat in the game? Or is there no /2 like in WoW? Also if anyone knows if this server I'm on (Behemoth) is good or not that'd be nice to know; it looks more populous during the evenings in major cities, but not being end game level can't really tell in case everyone hangs out somewhere else.
    Last edited by xezar; 2016-04-10 at 07:15 AM.

I was leveling up a bard, got past 50, and understand why they are rare, you go from a class that was mobile to being stuck with the stupid buff that increases damage...but has a cast time added to everything pretty much. That coupled with the fact combat is soo slow, I couldn't stick with it. What they are doing with the game is cool, just too slow and boring for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caboosefanatic View Post
    I was leveling up a bard, got past 50, and understand why they are rare, you go from a class that was mobile to being stuck with the stupid buff that increases damage...but has a cast time added to everything pretty much. That coupled with the fact combat is soo slow, I couldn't stick with it. What they are doing with the game is cool, just too slow and boring for me.
    Wanderer's minuet is useless until at least lvl 56.

Wanderer's minuet sucks until you get access to sidewinder and empyreal arrow. For lvl 60 bard if your not in the middle of casting an ability you should almost always have an off the gcd ability to use. In addition you have to always be ready to fire bloodletter/rain of death procs when your in middle of gcd. It's very much different from other job rotation as you have priority system instead of a combo system.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Maybe the one thing I find odd, does no one chat in the game? Or is there no /2 like in WoW? Also if anyone knows if this server I'm on (Behemoth) is good or not that'd be nice to know; it looks more populous during the evenings in major cities, but not being end game level can't really tell in case everyone hangs out somewhere else.
    Ya there isn't really a chat like that. You do see people talking in /say which is just in your vicinity chat. There a things called linkshells (think private wow chat channels but better) and that is where people congregate at.

Yeah I'm the same. I really enjoyed the simple play style of Bard in ARR when I got tired of other classes. I hope Bards see some type of update in 4.0. It just doesn't feel "right" when casting. The new abilities don't even share the same cast time/GCD as the older ones and it all feels off. I just cant get in the "groove" of it at all.

Deleted
    I think, due to the language barrier, stuff sounds way worse on your end than I perceive it on my end.

Most activities bore me when I do them as a daily chore.

Doing beast tribes now and then is fine and fun.
    Doing dungeons / Void ark is fun. I even do dungeons daily, though I do NOT religiously do every roulette daily like some of my guild mates.
    I usually do expert and sometimes a low level, sometimes a 50, sometimes a 60.
    Whatever class I want to play and whatever I am in the mood for or whenever a guildie wants to group up.

Crafting can't really be done in moderation past the leveling process since it's more of a "all in/all out" kinda thing if you want to get anywhere high up.
    I leveled the profs to 60 (yes,yes I'll Bruce Wayne she damn lv 55 cook eventually ._.) and got all them blue 180 stuff for my Goldsmith (because pretty :<), but that's as far as I am willing to go. To me crafting is a side game, not a main activity and gearing multiple crafting classes is too much effort for limited, temporary rewards for my taste.

I do gather now and then, but I openly admit that the 5 minute window of opportunity every 30 minutes annoys the shit out of me, because unless I let the client run in the background and wait for ffxivclock.com to beeeep, it almost NEVER lines up with my ingame activities. >.<

What else... Story, well story is cool. WHM class story was a bit lame though. Not a fan of the "mysterious stranger that picks up ancient arts superduper quickly", so in my head canon Ifalna is a white mage since she can remember.

PvP, Pokebattles, Gold Saucer, all them Novice stuff don't interest me. But it's okay that it's there for people who like it.

Ah yes raids... haha. Well Organized raiding is out of the question because I do not like to play on a schedule any longer. But I check out Alex once the community is a bit overgeared to see the story behind it.

That reminds me... I still need to do coil. :<

Bottom line: I still enjoy the game, my guild and yes: my kitty. If I weren't I wouldn't pay 10€/month.
    - - - Updated - - -
    @Aruhen: Ah, you're speaking about the likes of sodiumchloride ... I agree. Wanting any game to change THAT much is a bit.... misguided.

Don't tell this to anyone, but between you and me: I have come to enjoy the slower pace and the off GCD abilities on my DRK.
    WoW feels so frantic and stressful yet weirdly limited due to a lack of oGCD stuff (hard to describe). Esp as a tank. :X
    It's not so much the language barrier :P
    I know english well enough to understand what everyone means. I make a mistake every now and then but my English level is not that bad. I lived in the US for 3 years after all :P
    It's mostly the lack of character and tone behind written posts on the internet.
    When someone writes something on the internet most of the time it's hard to tell if it's serious, sarcastic, and whether he means it or whether he doesn't.
    So I might have taken some of your posts a bit more seriously based on that.
    In any case, apologies are in order.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yup it'll be quite some time till they introduce the new relic form.

I'll probably be done with the 230 step way before I get the 80 unidentified items.
    3.3, which is 2-3 months
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    Only in Idyllshire at peak hours I believe.

The /shout channels aren't linked so there is no /2 in FFXIV.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    3.3, which is 2-3 months
    And pet glamours will only start coming out in 3.4 ...

At least there is a hard "date" now instead of just "Please look forward to it.". -_-
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...