Thread: Mouse question.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mouse question.

I'm currently on the look for a decent mouse mainly for wow and maybe lol, I'm not interested in a naga type mouse.I was thinking logitech g402 what do you think?

I am of the Keep It Simple Stupid philosophy. I am currently using this http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products...ries/Kone-XTD/ it feels nice, has a good weight, its not overly complicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Your best bet is to go to best buy and feel which mouse you like the best.

Quote Originally Posted by talwynn View Post
    I am of the Keep It Simple Stupid philosophy. I am currently using this http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products...ries/Kone-XTD/ it feels nice, has a good weight, its not overly complicated.
    Funny I always thought it sounded better as: Keep It Stupidly Simple. Having said that I like my Razer Naga

Another vote for the Naga... I know you stated that your not interested in it but once you get used to it you will use nothing else. IMO...

-Grev(Aeo)

For wow I'd go with g600 not g402.

Get a Naga or similar MMO mouse through Amazon, if its not for you return it and get the G402 or 502

MMO7 for the win. Damn do I wish they'd release an update made entirely out of metal for better durability though. I'd pay a wad of cash for that.

Deleted
    Using a razer taipan - mainly because it fits Mainly because it fits my wife's hand, and she also like to game. Works ok, even witout 100 buttons, even though I would like more..

If you don't want to play with shift-alt modifier macros for every spell, the razor naga gives you 14 extra key binds to play with. 12 buttons on the numpad you control with thumb and left and right mouse wheel tilt.

I have also binded up and down mouse scroll to spells but you can do that with a normal mouse, its just a suggestion. You bind camera zoom to some random keys. I binded mortal strike to up and down mouse scroll so I don't get arthritis from playing a badly designed spec.

I recommend go to a store and just try them out, that's what I did. Ended up with a mouse that noone pretty much knows but it feels awesome.

Deleted
    Forgot to mention my budget is about 60euros, I'm really not sold on the naga.

I live and die by my Naga now and have used one since 2009, but it takes some getting used to. Honestly just buy the mouse that suits you, everyone has their preferences. The Naga is obviously popular because it was designed for WoW, but it was designed during WOTLK when plentiful macros and keybinding were required very heavily to play to the full extent of each class.

With Legion coming and requiring way less keybinds you wont have much use for all the buttons anyway, just buy what you want, if you've made do without a Naga until now (as many have) then there's no reason to buy one now if it doesn't appeal to you.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I use an Orbweaver and a Steel Series Rival.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    People, he doesn't want an MMO-Mouse.

I would tell you to get a Logitech MX518 but they don't make em like that anymore.
    It's simple, the shape is great and they last you a lifetime, the price isn't high at all either. (Can't actually guarantee the lifetime thing but I got mine for over 10 years and it still works like on the first day)
    The closest thing to mine would be the Logitech LGT-M500, it's about 30$.

I tried one of these horrendous things, first mouse ever that made my hand hurt, had to return it after 2 days. It´s really, really bad, worse ergonomics ever.

Deleted
    Can you program the logitech g402 to telegraph heroic leap on the first button press and use it on the second?

Quote Originally Posted by smn View Post
    Can you program the logitech g402 to telegraph heroic leap on the first button press and use it on the second?
    Off topic but I use a pretty standard macro found on icy veins:

#showtooltip Heroic Leap
    /cast !Heroic Leap

Deleted
    Why does everyone hate Naga mice?

I've had 2 in 6 years, the first one didn't even break I just wanted one that matched the colour of my keyboard lol. They don't break easily unless you're smashing it about in a fit of teenage rage, the size is perfect assuming you don't have the hands of a 10 year old girl and you can set 1-12 to the num pad so you can have 1-8 (or whatever your puny hands can reach) on a separate bar

My binds are like dis

Main action bar: NUM123456789/*-
    Top right action bar: CTRL Modifier NUM123456789/*-
    Top left action bar: 123456TGFsXsGsR (s=shift)

In the old days of Mop when I used the naga bar addon it was something like..

Block 1, num+shift 1 through 12
    Block 2, 1 through 6,x,g,t,sX,sG,sT
    Block 3 num ctrl 1 though 12
    Block 4 num 1 through 9,/,*

Then I had stuff like Alt 123 for stances (rip berserker stance 2k14 never forget), shift+alt for /focus, assist and trade macros for selling ting etc

It's probably pointless now days since even if you have charge 123, bolt123, kick 123 you'll still need at very most need 3 bars. But Naga are r1 mouse4gamerz