Deleted

Question Remove Cross server?

I think that a big part why the vanilla private server became so popular was because of the personal feeling and cooperation between people.

I believe this create bonds and experiences that the present Wow cant offer. The cross server addition have removed the most essential part of, at least whay I consider, the best part of my game experience. Finding online friends, working together, getting rivals as well as enemies you continue to meet on the opposite side and making connections with other people.

At the moment people do not,for most of the times, even talk to eachother. When doing a dungeon for example. There is no need to. You will most likely never meet the person again so why make the effort to get to know anyone?

Yes the bg queues was a pain for one, but in my opinion it was still worth it.

what do you think?, have cross server destroyed part of your wow experience? Do you think it should be removed?

I know that Blizzard does not want places to be overcrowded and other places (on low pop realms) to be completely empty. But I agree with you. I really really REALLY hate phasing (when you are in the same spot but don't see other players because the server created another invisible mirror of the place) and not to be able to trade with everybody I encounter. When I see a low level player without a guild and no heirlooms struggling I have the urge to help and so I usually give him some gold and ask him if I could help. But today I can't give him gold since he is from another realm. That sucks.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    They should merge low pop servers with other low pop servers, that way they also reduce maintenance costs.

I'd rather be on an empty realm than the damn phased bullcrap. It's all the downsides of higher population with none of the benefits. "Realm hopping" has also completely ruined things like camping for rare Hunter tames.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I know that Blizzard does not want places to be overcrowded and other places (on low pop realms) to be completely empty. But I agree with you. I really really REALLY hate phasing (when you are in the same spot but don't see other players because the server created another invisible mirror of the place) and not to be able to trade with everybody I encounter. When I see a low level player without a guild and no heirlooms struggling I have the urge to help and so I usually give him some gold and ask him if I could help. But today I can't give him gold since he is from another realm. That sucks.
    I agree. If they are worried about low pop areas they either need to make them where people will go there or make more server "mergers". Sucks you can't help anyone anymore. Guess you could but why? Often thought why not take away levels and use all the areas for "max" level content in someway now. Not sure all the details but. Not sure. CRZ sucks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffs View Post
    I think that a big part why the vanilla private server became so popular was because of the personal feeling and cooperation between people.

I believe this create bonds and experiences that the present Wow cant offer. The cross server addition have removed the most essential part of, at least whay I consider, the best part of my game experience. Finding online friends, working together, getting rivals as well as enemies you continue to meet on the opposite side and making connections with other people.

At the moment people do not,for most of the times, even talk to eachother. When doing a dungeon for example. There is no need to. You will most likely never meet the person again so why make the effort to get to know anyone?

Yes the bg queues was a pain for one, but in my opinion it was still worth it.

what do you think?, have cross server destroyed part of your wow experience? Do you think it should be removed?
    No, it should not be removed. And no, you cannot get like vanilla just by removing such a feature. well, you can, for some zones would be barren just like in vanilla because people wouldn't share them.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and people weren't all "lets work together" all the time in vanilla.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Oh, and people weren't all "lets work together" all the time in vanilla.
    You are right, but it did happen. Currently it doesn't happen at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    I'd rather be on an empty realm than the damn phased bullcrap. It's all the downsides of higher population with none of the benefits. "Realm hopping" has also completely ruined things like camping for rare Hunter tames.
    no realm hopping made hunting for rares/world bosses more easy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeost View Post
    Bullshit, look at openraid-community it DOES happen you just dont want to acknowledge it and pretend your private server is superior.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikeost View Post
    Actually it can still happen.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffs View Post
    No, it has EXPANDED my experience....it makes it easier to farm, it enables to play with friends who are on another server....

I dont like it for RP, PvP and WPvP purposes.
    "Last time I checked, Cain didn't bludgeon Abel with a Gameboy; Genghis Khan didn't have an Xbox Live account; and Hitler didn't play Crash Bandicoot." -- Tommy Tallarico

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

Bullshit, look at openraid-community it DOES happen you just dont want to acknowledge it and pretend your private server is superior.....
    Open raid is a 3rd party tool and not at all what we are talking about and I've never played on a private server.