Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    they lost out on like a million $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Haha. Well, I know I'd have bought one.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Why should that stop them?

It doesn't make any sense to make a Linkle amiibo based on Hyrule Warriors
    You didn't really read anything I said. It's far less effort to just make an amiibo. You made a claim that they were doing this for some tacky reason, but then can't back up any reason why. I provided the counter point that suggests otherwise. Don't just disregard it and talk over me. That's sad panda town.
    BAD WOLF

I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion that the female protagonist was developed with the thought of "Here's another character we can make an amiibo of!" Not saying that's a bad thing but I feel like a Zelda amiibo line being announced is a near certainty.
    thats pretty much already been confirmed considering the wolf amiibo will work with zelda u

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    They wouldn't need to do that for multiple reasons. One, they already have an entire line of Zelda Amiibos..
    zelda u uses a whole different art style. we already have toon link and normal link, theres definitely going to be a "zelda u link"

i wouldnt be surprised to at some point get an amiibo for every art style.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    zelda u uses a whole different art style. we already have toon link and normal link, theres definitely going to be a "zelda u link"

i wouldnt be surprised to at some point get an amiibo for every art style.
    This has nothing to do with what I said. Yes, they will make more amiibos. I was countering someone saying female Link in the next Zelda is only to sell new amiibos. They will make new amiibos regardless...don't need to take development resources to do that.
    BAD WOLF

I can't help but get the sneaking suspicion that the female protagonist was developed with the thought of "Here's another character we can make an amiibo of!" Not saying that's a bad thing but I feel like a Zelda amiibo line being announced is a near certainty.
    lol, you think Nintendo wasn't going to make a new lineup of Zelda amiibos for the game either way?

Female Link could have easily been replaced by another character on one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    lol, you think Nintendo wasn't going to make a new lineup of Zelda amiibos for the game either way?

Female Link could have easily been replaced by another character on one.
    Yeah, so this was the point I was making. They are going to make a gazillion amiibos, so to think they make characters which take dev time just to sell one more amiibo is a little gratuitous. They've already got ample amiibo machine fuel.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, so this was the point I was making. They are going to make a gazillion amiibos, so to think they make characters which take dev time just to sell one more amiibo is a little gratuitous. They've already got ample amiibo machine fuel.
    Pretty much, every major Nintendo release now launches with an Amiibo line ever since Smash 4.

Smash 4
    Mario Party 10
    Splatoon
    Mario Maker
    Animal Crossing cash in games(lol not even major releases)
    Yoshi's Wooly World
    TPHD with an amiibo at launch, yes amiibos put into HD remasters that didn't originally have them.

So spoiler alert, Zelda U and Paper Mario Color Splash are getting new amiibos confirmed as is any other even semi major release coming out on NX within the coming years. Scratch that, doesn't even need to be a semi major release just needs to be a semi major IP behind it.

You didn't really read anything I said. It's far less effort to just make an amiibo. You made a claim that they were doing this for some tacky reason, but then can't back up any reason why. I provided the counter point that suggests otherwise. Don't just disregard it and talk over me. That's sad panda town.
    You can take it down a notch. I'm not trying to offend anyone. In my mind I made a joke, not a serious claim on Nintendo's motives. That's why I'm not trying to "back it up".

I think it's safe to say that the alternate hero existing in-game serves multiple purposes. They obviously didn't devote that much effort to render and rig a new player character for the express, singular purpose of selling an amiibo. But it does have the side-effect of producing another character that can be used in marketing and merchandise.

This thread takes itself waaaaay too seriously for my blood.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

Deleted
    That would be the point. It wouldn't matter, it won't effect anything, just give options yet you found a reason to complain about it. The irony.
    Yeah, if it wouldnt matter I dont see a reason to make it (I do, but I dont really agree with it). But as you say I found a reason to complain about it, you find a reason to bitch about opinions like always.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2016-04-10 at 08:08 PM.

Where's my animal crossing wiiu game nintendo? It's not paper mario you don't have to kill the series with retarded overpriced spin offs :c
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Where's my animal crossing wiiu game nintendo? It's not paper mario you don't have to kill the series with retarded overpriced spin offs :c
    animal crossing works alot better as a handheld game in my opinion
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Especially considering Nintendo said in an interview that they considered making a Skull Kid amiibo for the Majora's Mask re-release.
    I would have bought one, But I got a Skull Kid statue with my Majora's Mask CE so I'm happy.

Personally I recommend people wait until the upcoming NX annoucement before buying a Wii-U at this point. If the version they release this holiday can play Wii-U games outright then the Wii-U itself won't be worth it.

Just my 2cents tho, I really want to get a Wii-U again myself but ill wait.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    animal crossing works alot better as a handheld game in my opinion
    Wild Word and City Folk both sucked ass and New Leaf is only good because it's basically the original gamecube game with new content.

From where I'm sitting the only got it right twice, once on console and once on hand held and both are basically the same game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Yeah, if it wouldnt matter I dont see a reason to make it (I do, but I dont really agree with it). But as you say I found a reason to complain about it, you find a reason to bitch about opinions like always.
    You found a reason to complain about a model swap that wouldn't effect you or the game in anyway except it took an artist and a modeler a day of work to add to the game. Talk about petty and finding a reason to "bitch". The one here "bitching" sure isn't me.

Nintendo does something fans wanted: People like you "bitch".

Nintendo does something no one wants: Everyone else "bitches".

Notice how number 2 is more common, yet you represent number 1 by yourself in this thread.

Are we cool for using the B word now to explain whining?

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really like the idea of female Link if its just a model swap at the start of the game just because the player feels like it. I believe if they ever were to introduce a female protagonist, that she should be her own character and not just a "Fem-Shepard" version of Link, hence why I always preferred the idea of either playing as Zelda or a daughter or sister to the current incarnation of Link. I want a character that actually fits in with the plot and not just something that equates to a character customization option. Even Linkle would be a preferable option to me.

That being said, if they did do just a model swap option in the new game, then the one I would prefer they take inspiration for is one of the concept designs that they had for Linkle in the Hyrule Warriors Legends art book that shows what looks like a OoT style Adult Link done as a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    I dont really like the idea of female Link if its just a model swap at the start of the game just because the player feels like it. I believe if they ever were to introduce a female protagonist, that she should be her own character and not just a "Fem-Shepard" version of Link, hence why I always preferred the idea of either playing as Zelda or a daughter or sister to the current incarnation of Link. I want a character that actually fits in with the plot and not just something that equates to a character customization option. Even Linkle would be a preferable option to me.

That being said, if they did do just a model swap option in the new game, then the one I would prefer they take inspiration for is one of the concept designs that they had for Linkle in the Hyrule Warriors Legends art book that shows what looks like a OoT style Adult Link done as a woman.
    Yes because a hero that saves the world, that never talks or exhibits any real personality needs some serious character re writing to gender swap. Comparison to FemShep is nonsensical.

Link is a glorified avatar. Le'ts not pretend like he isn't. We don't live in silly land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Link is a glorified avatar. Le'ts not pretend like he isn't. We don't live in silly land.
    Yep, which is why it makes so much sense to give a female form to it. Having no 'voice' and allowing the player to imprint themselves on him (or really just imprint their childhood) was genius. I've heard rumors that this one will be fully VA'd though, so I'm worried about what their plans on. I'll just wait until we hear more before I am concerned.

It's not necessarily bad if they make this more like a typical RPG, but the Zelda format doesn't really need all that.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Wild Word and City Folk both sucked ass and New Leaf is only good because it's basically the original gamecube game with new content.

From where I'm sitting the only got it right twice, once on console and once on hand held and both are basically the same game.

- - - Updated - - -

You found a reason to complain about a model swap that wouldn't effect you or the game in anyway except it took an artist and a modeler a day of work to add to the game. Talk about petty and finding a reason to "bitch". The one here "bitching" sure isn't me.

Nintendo does something fans wanted: People like you "bitch".

Nintendo does something no one wants: Everyone else "bitches".

Notice how number 2 is more common, yet you represent number 1 by yourself in this thread.

Are we cool for using the B word now to explain whining?
    Yeah, well if you word the things you say differently so you dont come over as a bitch the next time.

And you put words in my mouth. I NEVER said PEOPLE are bitches because they dont like what I dont. If you read what I wrote again.
    You just came over as an ass, I said YOU bitch. There is a difference.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2016-04-11 at 04:34 PM.

Yep, which is why it makes so much sense to give a female form to it. Having no 'voice' and allowing the player to imprint themselves on him (or really just imprint their childhood) was genius. I've heard rumors that this one will be fully VA'd though, so I'm worried about what their plans on. I'll just wait until we hear more before I am concerned.

It's not necessarily bad if they make this more like a typical RPG, but the Zelda format doesn't really need all that.
    emily said everyone except link has va.

- - - Updated - - -

i hope they give dialog options though, they had them in skyward sword but they didnt affect anything.

A surprise recap of all the Spring indie and third party games coming to the 3DS and Wii U (mostly 3DS).

- - - Updated - - -

Metroid Prime: Federation Force has been delayed, but given definite launch dates. August 19th for NA, August 25th for JP, and September 2nd for EU.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.polygon.com/2016/4/20/114...-edition-wii-u

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE is launching June 24th in NA and June 25th everywhere else and has a special edition including an artbook, six songs from the OST, "song cards," stickers, and codes for all the DLC for $79.99.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda just want Tensei just for the fact that there is no english VA and I really don't even know anything about tensei series

On a side note starfox zero reviews are in and they are... not good

People complaining that it's too short of a game and the controls are really bad and the story won't make much sense unless you've done your homework
    Last edited by zito; 2016-04-20 at 11:39 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.