Quote Originally Posted by tratra View Post
    not rly stole anything... those guys worked hard without any payment to revive a piece of the game that is depreciated. I think blizzard should have handled it better. Its another thing if those guys were making money out of it, but they weren't and on previous statements as in their latest one they said, if blizzard can build a Vanilla server that would be awesome.
    Yes they stole something. They didn't magically create a brand new Vanilla-LIKE experience, they created Vanilla from Blizzard assets. Blizzard couldn't have handled it ANY BETTER. They sent a letter informing them to shut it down. Simple as that. The fact is SOMEONE made money off of it, likely the company hosting the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    I love this blizzard fanboys
    I love this Nosdrone.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Ok so we see you cant debate/argue in any manner. This is content that exists on retail. Just because you choose to ignore it does not mean it is not there. HOWEVER, nobody should be forced into content that does not interest them. I hate PvP for example so I don't do it except with Guild Wars 2.
    Yes, a fair amount of the discrepencies about this come from different peoples opinions about the current game. I'd be curious where in the current game you can 'help lowbies with quests'. I mean sure in theory you could follow someone around and kill mobs with them. But there isn't a point in the levelling experience that needs "help" so it's utterly redundant. Saying that the content still exists is stretching the truth, or removing nuance from the situations to the point where... it's pointless.

Certainly people aren't asking for help with quests anymore, because it isn't necessary. To some people this is a brilliant change for the game as they don't have to rely on other people any more. Thats cool and all, but a lot of people are disappointed Blizzard took their peerless MMO and made it into a single player game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Dude. Let me help you understand some very basic facts:

I and hundreds of thousands of other people like vanilla wow. (Hope you're following me so far)
    Blizzard will not offer this service despite being demand for it. (Still here?)
    Blizzard will also take down any project offering what they do not want to offer, even for non-profit. (Hope you haven't drifted off)

How the fuck is this not similar to entrapment? I WANNA PLAY FUCKING VANILLA, I don't want your shitty lobby arcade! How hard is that to comprehend?
    It is simple. You can't always get what you want in life. Blizzard chose not to offer the 'vanilla experience' with classic servers so you took things into your own hands and went to a private server. Call it whatever you want but Blizzard is 100% in the right and legally allowed to do this. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I can replace that with Blizzard and make just as much sense as you did. If not more. Nost team did nothing to warrant this reaction, yet Blizzard did.
    Blizzard did nothing to warrant this reaction, but the Nost team did the exact thing to warrant this reaction from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    I love this blizzard fanboys
    Says the person that plays Vanilla WoW. You must be a fan of Blizzard too otherwise you wouldn't try and play any version of their games.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Yes, a fair amount of the discrepencies about this come from different peoples opinions about the current game. I'd be curious where in the current game you can 'help lowbies with quests'. I mean sure in theory you could follow someone around and kill mobs with them. But there isn't a point in the levelling experience that needs "help" so it's utterly redundant. Saying that the content still exists is stretching the truth, or removing nuance from the situations to the point where... it's pointless.

Certainly people aren't asking for help with quests anymore, because it isn't necessary. To some people this is a brilliant change for the game as they don't have to rely on other people any more. Thats cool and all, but a lot of people are disappointed Blizzard took their peerless MMO and made it into a single player game.
    Tbh when it comes to questing I think wrath got it just right. Quests that were easy and a few quests that required a group but even the solo ones punished you a bit for a mistake. It wasn't too easy but it wasn't too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I don't get it Namalia, some of the arguments of these Pro-PS people really confuse me. They think because they stopped enjoying the game that everyone has.

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell you which side screams louder. The people that are on the side of the law. The people taking Blizzard's side for defending their IP. We are having quite the amount of fun drowning out people who are totally okay with breaking laws to get what they want.
    This all the way. While I would love to have played Vanilla when it was current, that doesn't means its ok for me or anyone to so illegally. It's blizzard's IP and their choice to do with it as they will.

Thats cool and all, but a lot of people are disappointed Blizzard took their peerless MMO and made it into a single player game.
    It's still an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Yeah I don't get it Namalia, some of the arguments of these Pro-PS people really confuse me. They think because they stopped enjoying the game that everyone has.

- - - Updated - - -

I can tell you which side screams louder. The people that are on the side of the law. The people taking Blizzard's side for defending their IP. We are having quite the amount of fun drowning out people who are totally okay with breaking laws to get what they want.
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS

You are either dense or slow. Most people don't want a PS, we want official servers. But you, you're other 3-5 buddies, and that shitposting mod refuse to listen to this and start arguments that we aren't even having. This site is a microcosm of the absolute worst parts of the community, congrats on being a part of that.

P.S. I feel awful for anyone still trying to post constructively in here.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I have never seen a thread like this. It's one of the most amazing train wrecks I have ever seen on here!
    A day or two ago I would've said I've seen worse. I'm starting to question that. The botbanwave QQ's got nothing on this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    You have the right to feel that way. I can understand your thought process on why not to believe they are good people or not. It's the posts that claim they're some sort of evil-doing monsters that should only be poked at with a stick. They're still human. They did something illegal for a cause they supported and were passionate about, I don't find that wrong at all. (illegal, yes, not wrong).
    Well I do feel it was wrong. I feel that PS can take away from the community of retail WoW by having people leave the game to go and play on free servers. It also means Blizzard has to waste money/resources dealing with people hosting these servers. It is wonderful that they were passionate about it but it does not make it right, at all.

I understand that people want the Vanilla experience again (or for the first time) but Blizzard has said many times that they do not wish to pursue it at this time. That should be the end of it. Just because you disagree and are passionate about it does not make it right to create a PS.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/mmorpg

Digital Technology.
    massively multiplayer online role-playing game: any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.
    Yup. Still a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    I woke up thinking it can't be worse here. Then I saw this and almost spit my coffee out. I have never seen a thread like this. It's one of the most amazing train wrecks I have ever seen on here!
    We will not be silenced.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Thats cool and all, but a lot of people are disappointed Blizzard took their peerless MMO and made it into a single player game.
    Speaking of removing nuance. Just because a turtle can't two shot me doesn't mean I play alone on live. It isn't a single player game no matter how many times you say it. CAN IT BE? Somewhat, but don't ever raid or pvp or do dungeons. I've never leveled a character alone in any expansion. I made that choice, not the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I want to be a billionaire and live in the white house. Guess we'll have to grow the fuck up and realize that we can't have what we want. But, I think you'll still cry about this no matter what I say. After all, you're still a thief that will most likely move onto the next private server given the chance.

I don't care what you want, btw.
    The comparison you made renders your point invalid. It's like comparing a carburetor with dogshit.
    You know what thieving is? When D3 had the auction house and Blizzard profited from transactions with stolen money, as I've mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Aehl View Post
    Yes it IS unlawful, I refer to the DMCA, to the Berne and Buoens Aires Conventions, to international copyright law.

SOFTWARE PIRACY IS ILLEGAL.

- - - Updated - - -

Read. Learn. Remember.

I understand that you believe you are a lawyer, let me ask you a question.

Have you ever been sued in a copyright infringement case? Have you ever represented a client in a copyright infringement case? Have you ever launched a copyright infringement lawsuit?

Unfortunately it is not as simple as you state, there are many stages of copyright infringement, for one you appear to live in Sydney yet you cite the DMCA, do you realise that the DMCA is actually an american law and not an international one? Do you realise that the american DMCA and the european equivalant is 2 different things?

Are you aware that emulation is not always tied to copyright infringement, and is in many cases not at all copyright infringement? Are you aware that any software purchased in a european member state is locally owned by whoever purchased it, and can be used in any way, shape or form the buyer wants, so long it does not include redistribution of this local copy?.

It is important to note that private servers are emulators, if anyone here had any idea of how a private server works, or how reverse engineering in itself works they would know that theres not a shred of original code in any of the WoW emulators currently around. With that it is also important to note that there have been several previous cases where emulators have been ruled legal by the court, for example the Sony VS Bleem case here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!#Sony_lawsuit

When the redistribution of copyrighted content takes place, infringement can be an issue, an emulator is not this. The problem is the distribution of client software(such as WoW 12.1) to users that do not own the rights to this client(that never purchased it) not the fact that an emulated server allows a locally modified client to access it.

It is NOT as simple as you make it seem, and i would really hope that you take your time to read up on emulators and previous cases, theres several of these including cases where nintendo have attempted to sue emulators and severely failed to do so.

Discussing the legality of private servers, and nost in particular is a little silly because we have yet to actually have a verdict on this particular situation, i dont know for certain what the verdict would be, neither do you, but history says its uncertain, and as such you cannot label it like you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS

You are either dense or slow. Most people don't want a PS, we want official servers. But you, you're other 3-5 buddies, and that shitposting mod refuse to listen to this and start arguments that we aren't even having. This site is a microcosm of the absolute worst parts of the community, congrats on being a part of that.

Tough shit, Blizzard said they don't want to have official Vanilla Servers. Keep yelling about it all you want, how many times does Blizzard have to say NO before you get it through your skull? And you say I am the slow one? And on top of that you try and heap extra insults at the community because you don't get your way. I don't want Blizzard wasting manpower/money/time on making Vanilla Servers I want them focused on Legion and the expansion after that. So like I said, get over it. Blizzard said NO.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS
    Don't want a PS

Calling a mod shitposting is constructive. You've been one of the more angry posters I've seen on this forum. Gratz
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

It's awesome, so many people who are wrong are so sad about an illegal activity being stopped, no real reason for debate, it was wrong, it was stopped. I'm happy.