Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post

Having a way to cast a guaranteed shadowmend under focus would be nice. We are fine getting damage out, but not so much casted heals.
    Yeah, thats why our own version of Owlkin Frenzy should be something defensively.

The current problem with Melee vs Caster thing is that there's practically no advantage on play a caster. We can't break a opening, we can't stay at ranged and melee have close to 100% uptime.

So most of the time we are like melee too because we can't create distance. With the additional problem of our attacks being casted with the chance to be interrupted on top of being stunned, while all the melee attacks being instant and damage tuned to be higher than a caster to compensate for the "lower uptime" they may have. Which is not happening.

Also since I haven't seen it posted elsewhere our mana situation:

Shadowmend: with lingering insanity you can cast 6 back to back before oom. Once oom, you can cast 1 every 2.5 seconds through mana regen. This feels pretty good to be honest with how strong this heal is. it is about 15% of your hp in arena per cast accounting for crits.

Mass Dispel: 40% mana. I'm glad I can actually use it now at least.

Purge: 20% mana. With regen you can cast 6 in a row before OOM.

Power word: Shield: 12% mana. You can not oom from chain casting this. regen takes 3 seconds to recover the lost mana.

Psychic Scream: 14% mana. It's not a lot, but I still don't like CC being on the mana bar. Probably not a big deal since regen is SO fast, but still kind of annoying.

A full mana bar takes 25 seconds.
    That's perfect, I love it. Maybe Shadowmend should cost a bit less, but otherwise aw yeah, it's so rare that something they do feels so right to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    That's perfect, I love it. Maybe Shadowmend should cost a bit less, but otherwise aw yeah, it's so rare that something they do feels so right to me.
    Yeah You really feel the mana limit when trying to spam behind a pillar. I'd go for a smaller cost slightly. I'd like to be able to to myself as I oom. I can get there from most medium hp starting points though which is a hell of a lot better than most specs atm.

- - - Updated - - -

LOOL mind control is the most troll shit ever. Pop demon form? Oh that's a shame...... LOL Mind control is hilarious in 1v1 situations lololol

- - - Updated - - -

LOL @Annesh shadow in bgs is AMAZING lol I finally got one to pop:

No joke, shadow in bgs on alpha is a BLAST. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun than on live.

I did 25 million damage in the last team fight spanning only a few minutes because they had like 5-6 people stacked so mind sear was able to spread dots. I don't think I've ever had that much fun in a bg my whole life.

With that said spreading dots with mind sear might make shadow too good for RBGs lol. I hope it stays though it punishes stacking sooooo hard. I could see shadow priests running pure shadow in RBGs........halting insanity drain for 12 seconds is going to be a full swp + void torrent on the SWP refresh.......so crazy.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-10 at 07:02 PM.

Actually I realized recently that Mass Dispel is essentially immune to interrupt. If they blow their kick on it, then you get to freecast 95% of your stuff. Good play means not kicking it, and bad play means a free win. So there's that too.

LOL @Annesh shadow in bgs is AMAZING lol I finally got one to pop:

No joke, shadow in bgs on alpha is a BLAST. Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more fun than on live.
    Hmmmm, I do like spamming damage like a noob.

How often were you under pressure? Did you have healer support? Where did I leave my pants?
    Last edited by Annesh; 2016-04-10 at 07:01 PM.

Also I was able to queue a ton of 3s today with shadow/warrior/paladin. I found that if I rotated my cds properly and kept healing up, the healer was always easier to kill than me. We did really damn well something like 10-3.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I realized recently that Mass Dispel is essentially immune to interrupt. If they blow their kick on it, then you get to freecast 95% of your stuff. Good play means not kicking it, and bad play means a free win. So there's that too.

Hmmmm, I do like spamming damage like a noob.

How often were you under pressure? Did you have healer support? Where did I leave my pants?
    I was under pressure quite a lot....no more than 2 melee at one time though. My 3s paladin was around for most of the team fights, and our team stuck together well. I made sure I stayed back enough to make a melee really have to overextend to get to me.....and by doing so I melted their face off because they had no support. It's ALL about positioning right now on alpha.

Either way in randoms, you won't face the coordination necessary to really punish shadow in a random. 1v1 we are EXTREMELY strong right now because no single spec can get through our self heals and CC fast enough in a bg setting. PH made it impossible to kill us solo, losing PH makes it more iffy, but I find myself on top most of the time. We are so tough to bring down 1v1, and our psyfiend + void bolts + void torrent combo erases people.

Shadow right now in BGs on alpha is the most fun its been since I can remember. This spec is designed to thrive in bgs with our lack of defensives and target scaling. We can burst hard with psyfiend/void torrent, we can spam dmg like a noob to top meters, and we have crazy self heals so as long as we stay back we don't really need a healer support like a mage does in randoms. It sucks ending fights as a mage, being at 25% hp, and you have to eat to top hp (get rekt mages). We are always topping ourselves. If this spec had a bit more defensives, it would be a random bg god.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-04-10 at 08:24 PM.

Haven't had a look at this thread for a month or two, and couldnt be bothered reading through 100+ pages (except for the last 5 or so). Has anyone mentioned the possibility of SW: P crits granting 'x' amount of insanity?? (Like 5 or so). I feel like that would help relieve some of rigidity from insanity generation. They could even just tie it in purely with thr AS talent if it would be too OP (doubtful imo).

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    Haven't had a look at this thread for a month or two, and couldnt be bothered reading through 100+ pages (except for the last 5 or so). Has anyone mentioned the possibility of SW: P crits granting 'x' amount of insanity?? (Like 5 or so). I feel like that would help relieve some of rigidity from insanity generation. They could even just tie it in purely with thr AS talent if it would be too OP (doubtful imo).
    I am curious about this too. Additionally, I am wondering if they have put in our talents yet, and also whether we still have Mind Blast? Thanks in advance for doing my research for me!

Quote Originally Posted by xRATJARx View Post
    AS is for this exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by methz View Post
    ...and our aoe, it's just ridiculous. i swear i saw mind sear heal the mobs i was searing. i think it also apologized to them and wished them a good day.

I am curious about this too. Additionally, I am wondering if they have put in our talents yet, and also whether we still have Mind Blast? Thanks in advance for doing my research for me!
    Wow. I just came back from a 3 month break, so i hadn't been keeping a close eye on some of the more recent changes. It's people with attitudes like yours that ruin the online community. Sorry that I wasn't 100% up to date with all of the changes for a game that's still in Beta...

On topic, I'm a little unhappy with the removal of Psychic Horror from a PVP standpoint, especially when its 'replacement' is a spell infamous for DC'ing the caster... We'll have to wait until further design and tuning is finalized across all classes before we can get a good idea of the PVP meta for Legion, and how this change will effect Spriests.

I'm working on another pvp preview video.. should be ready later this week. Any whishes what you would like to see?
    <inactive>

Welcome back xRATJARx!

Mod Note: I've been noticing a trend in this thread and it's not a good one. I hope that we can continue to promote good discussion and just mindless complaining because something was removed from the game. Please quit attacking each other and quit making pseudo death threats to the devs just because they're doing something you don't like. I know as a community we're better than acting like 4 year olds throwing a temper tantrum. If the discussion continues in this trend i'll have to start handing out infractions or, even worse, close the thread. - DJRiff

OT: I'm still not a fan of Psychic Horror being removed, even from a PvE standpoint. It's nice to be able to chain pull stuff you don't out gear (think a fresh boosted 640 priest). I'm hopeful that the gap that I experienced going from MoP to WoD won't be as massive depending on gear. I had a much easier time leveling my 2 mains that were both heroic(mythic) geared than I did any toon that wasn't. Granted I do appreciate my hardwork isn't trivialized, but as long as I can get some upgrades before the final leveling zone i'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I'm working on another pvp preview video.. should be ready later this week. Any whishes what you would like to see?
    Can you show us more under pressure situations so we can have an idea on how our survivability is faring right now =) Thanks in advance @Theed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    I've been eagerly checking each day for the video since you last posted you were making another, would be nice to see clips of how you deal with melee pressure, preferably as many different classes as you get a chance to come across, i am pretty eager to see how well we can deal with being focused since it seems to be our weakness along with melee having quite a few gap closers in legion.

Also showing clips where it hasn't gone right is nice too, it doesn't have to just be a highlight reel of all the good moments, it's nice to see the highs and lows of the current gameplay to gain a more balanced view.

Heh I came across this yesterday on twitch lolll:

https://www.twitch.tv/bajheera/v/59533232

That's pretty much the state of the over tuned melee specs right now ahaha.

Heh I came across this yesterday on twitch lolll:

https://www.twitch.tv/bajheera/v/59533232

That's pretty much the state of the over tuned melee specs right now ahaha.
    Well, that's just absurd Hope for like biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig nerfs for melees. Like, seriously BIG.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

I'm at work, and unfortunately twitch is blocked here. I'm guessing it's how OP melee is (judging from responses), can anyone shed some light on it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    I'm at work, and unfortunately twitch is blocked here. I'm guessing it's how OP melee is (judging from responses), can anyone shed some light on it for me?
    Enh Shaman doing the big critz, ~500k to blast an SP into the next world and then some. Ends the Arena with x3 the damage dealt of the 2nd person.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Enh Shaman doing the big critz, ~500k to blast an SP into the next world and then some. Ends the Arena with x3 the damage dealt of the 2nd person.
    Oh so balanced as normal :P

Honestly I've always loved playing 2s with an enh shaman, however melee as a whole needs to be turned down a fair bit.

Watched slootbag's stream last night with the Halls of Valor. Damage in there seems pretty terrible at lvl 3, something that absorbs would help mitigate as the charge from the 2nd/3rd boss (depending on order) can be a 1 shot.

Melee in general is dumb and specs like Enhancer or DH are broken. But thats tuning. I have a bigger problem with their complexity. I'll highlight that in a scene in my next video where a DH kills me 60-0 in a 4 second stun while spamming 1 button. Caster have always been harder to play (with the exception of s8 ele shaman) but legion puts this issue on a new level.
    <inactive>

Well DH is difficult to begin with. Seems to happen whenever blizzard introduces a new class. Remember DK's and the unstoppable force they were when they first came out? It'll be patched eventually.