Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Uh, I might be too stupid for the fine Trumpists mind, but really, how making a video likening him to videogame villain (and one who actually helps giant genocidal space robots wiping out sentient life) in Mass Effect 3 is a good thing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsimp View Post
    Hmmm. I am not sure what to think about this. I don't like Trump very much, but to me this falls very close to fair use. If it was made by a fan, I think it would be fair use. My only question would be whether or not Trump retweeting something would constitute removing that fair use label from the original work.

idunno.
    Him retweeting anything is him adding that content to his compaign. Therefor I can see why EA/Bioshock wanted it removed.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    that old man
    He's way, way, way worse than simply an old man.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Uh, I might be too stupid for the fine Trumpists mind, but really, how making a video likening him to videogame villain (and one who actually helps giant genocidal space robots wiping out sentient life) in Mass Effect 3 is a good thing ?
    It isn't....
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It isn't....
    either the video maker didnt know the entire context of TIM, or just didnt care.

Although I found him an interesting character in ME2. Was more grey in that than ME1 and ME3.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's the use of the Mass Effect video for political purposes that isn't fair use.
    I don't think EA is in any position to define what constitutes fair use.
    They have a policy to aggressively fight for their assets. And, I imagine, they have such arrangements with youtube/twitter.

As much as I enjoyed Mass Effect and despise Trump, I do have to say that the messages of the two line up pretty nicely. I'm sure that EA/Bioware fancies itself a progressive outfit and are shocked and appalled that it could be used to promote someone like Trump, they're a bit out of line throwing a hissy fit here because they seem to have forgotten the storyline of their own game. I mean, you have civilization being invaded by a bunch of soulless space zombies and the one brave soul who dares to speak out against them is seen as a fraud and charlatan because the whole media and political establishment is indoctrinated and spreading the message of the enemy. Hell, there's even a running gag throughout the series where you punch a reporter, who is Arab to boot, for asking annoying questions. This kind of stuff is right up Trump's alley and it's no surprise that his supporters ran with it.

I am amused by the prospect of Ben Carson on the suicide mission though. Maybe he'd be some type of elcor. God-fearingly, make America great again.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    either the video maker didnt know the entire context of TIM, or just didnt care.

Although I found him an interesting character in ME2. Was more grey in that than ME1 and ME3.
    I never beat ME1 but I played,beat and enjoyed ME2/3. So based off those two games I quite liked him as a villain. I could understand why he was doing what he was doing even tho he was a evil prick.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-10 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    So is EA/Bioware pro-Trump? Because they just suppressed a video comparing Trump to the Illusive Man, a villain/fascist.
    Actually, The video compares Trump to Commander Shepherd.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    I don't think EA is in any position to define what constitutes fair use.
    They do have the right to say what there IP can be used for. If they don't want it used in politics then thats there choice and Trump/Video Maker can fight them on it.

Personally as a gamer I really don't want games tied to politics because then it just becomes a cluster fuck that isn't needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump: We'll bang ok?

Ivanka: Dad stop saying that....

TrumpEffect 2: Electric Bogaloo

10+ Year Old Account
    They do have the right to say what there IP can be used for. If they don't want it used in politics then thats there choice and Trump/Video Maker can fight them on it.

Personally as a gamer I really don't want games tied to politics because then it just becomes a cluster fuck that isn't needed.
    politics tends to insert itself anyways, but thats a conversation for another thread >.>

I mean i get the reason for the pulling down. I just...disagree I suppose with the concept of candidates not being able to like anything without it being seen as some sort of political endorsement.

It's a fine line to walk because games, especially ones like Mass Effect which are more focused on story than gameplay, only really speak to us if they have some themes that are relevant to our own lives. Like it or not that's always going to intersect with politics somehow, especially in this day and age when pop culture in general is the battleground of choice for people to air out all of their ideological views.

Oh, of course they have a right to say whatever. But what constitutes fair use is for the judiciary to define; not them.
    EA just has sufficient power to do as they please, and I doubt the video maker (and much less Trump) cares one bit.

As for politics in videogames, and videogames in politics. You're a decade or three late to that party . But I do agree it's an unnecessary clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I think it's more that someone finds it gross, as in the definition of the word (unpleasant and undesirable), that materiel he worked on as a creative endeavor was being used for political purposes. Just like I'm sure Disney would find it gross if the video creator used the scene from the Lion King where the hyenas turn to salute Scar as they march by him, a scene that was deliberately evocative of Nazi soldiers marching down the street and saluting Hitler (who stood over them on a podium) and tied it in to the current campaign.

Also, really, cuck? I thought the only people who used 'cuck' with a straight face were either twelve or virgins.
    You're upset about the word cuck but use Virgin as an insult.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vital View Post
    Is gross some kind of signalling word for the regressive left? It's like "look at me, I'm a beta nu-male cuck that accuses anyone I disagree with as being a racist".
    Only people who love getting cucked call other people cucks. Normal people didn't know what that shit even meant until the passive/aggressive, low testosterone weirdos started using it as an insult to the left.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    politics tends to insert itself anyways, but thats a conversation for another thread >.>

I mean i get the reason for the pulling down. I just...disagree I suppose with the concept of candidates not being able to like anything without it being seen as some sort of political endorsement.
    True but thats how it works, If your running for president dam near anything you do is for political endorsement.

If you take a shit its a political endorsement to keep them turds from coming out the tolent bowl and taking out jobs.....(This is a joke).

10+ Year Old Account
    So is Cuck like the new word for the next 6 months. I have seen it used abit and I got no fucken clue what it means.

/LovesTheInternet.
    Cuck is short for Cuckold which is A) a man who's wife is cheating on him B) A man raising a child he thinks is his but is actually the result of adultery. Its a old word that has regained its popularity in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Only people who love getting cucked call other people cucks. Normal people didn't know what that shit even meant until the passive/aggressive, low testosterone weirdos started using it as an insult to the left.
    Its not just for the left its used against the right as well. Cuckservitve is a popular insult for so called politicians that call themselves conservative but in truth are not even close.
    Last edited by Nathreim; 2016-04-10 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nextormento View Post
    Oh, of course they have a right to say whatever. But what constitutes fair use is for the judiciary to define; not them.
    Agree and until then they can have the video taken down. If the maker disagree's he can fight and try to win.

Fair Use laws do need to improve but as it stands EA/Bioware is well within there right even if people don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    I think it's more that someone finds it gross, as in the definition of the word (unpleasant and undesirable), that materiel he worked on as a creative endeavor was being used for political purposes. Just like I'm sure Disney would find it gross if the video creator used the scene from the Lion King where the hyenas turn to salute Scar as they march by him, a scene that was deliberately evocative of Nazi soldiers marching down the street and saluting Hitler (who stood over them on a podium) and tied it in to the current campaign.

Also, really, cuck? I thought the only people who used 'cuck' with a straight face were either twelve or virgins.
    You're very uninformed. The cuck phenomenon took off a month ago when a video surfaced showing 2 liberal rejects talking about how Trump is "literally Hitler" even though they apparently don't know what literally means lol. As per usual the liberals protesting Trump are weird social rejects. The same kind that usually work as janitors at my father's law firm. They complain they are making minimal wage with their liberal arts theatre degree instead of getting skills that are actually useful sought after. They then blame the rich for their problems per usual. It's never their own fault which is a typical liberal viewpoint. It's everyone else's fault. Their arguments typically consist of randomly saying you're racist and other attacks on your character.

Here's a video with Carl the Cuck and AIDS Skrillex in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvfhmhITkYY