Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Considering how Light is a power based on faith, if you have no faith in its reliability, you can't harness it in the first place.
    True,but the blood knights aren't the only with light powers though, many priests still had faith and as such a connection to the light, even while M'uru served as battery for some of their people, M'uru made it just more accessible for those, with less convictions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought she was one of the light shards (or Naaru being) that Chronicle mentions. The one that gave life to Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's not confirmed. Baby Titans and baby humans may not be the same. In fact, it could hardly be the same.
    that's what I said
    but no one believed me
    "cry while trying to hug Wildmoon"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I thought she was one of the light shards (or Naaru being) that Chronicle mentions. The one that gave life to Azeroth.
    that was the Cosmic Force of Light

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    That's not confirmed. Baby Titans and baby humans may not be the same. In fact, it could hardly be the same.
    An entity in a dreaming state is, by definition, unaware of what happens outside of his dream, matters little if it's a Titan or a human. A dream is still a dream. You can't dream and be awake at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    True,but the blood knights aren't the only with light powers though, many priests still had faith and as such a connection to the light, even while M'uru served as battery for some of their people, M'uru made it just more accessible for those, with less convictions.
    Not denying that, simply saying that those with faltering convinction couldn't have pulled it out without Mu'ru.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Not denying that, simply saying that those with faltering convinction couldn't have pulled it out without Mu'ru.
    I know, I just wanted to make certain people understood, that Naaru are not necessary for the elves or any other race for that matter to draw from the light, just because some abused one as a battery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I know, I just wanted to make certain people understood, that Naaru are not necessary for the elves or any other race for that matter to draw from the light, just because some abused one as a battery.
    Indeed. That was somehow my original point.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    An entity in a dreaming state is, by definition, unaware of what happens outside of his dream, matters little if it's a Titan or a human. A dream is still a dream. You can't dream and be awake at the same time.
    well sir you have not yet see me in real life

Indeed. That was somehow my original point.
    Considering how Light is a power based on faith, if you have no faith in its reliability, you can't harness it in the first place.
    Your paragraph just sounded like none were able to draw from the light in the conventional way during bc and I was in the mood to nitpick a bit ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    She could very well be the Titan soul which is Azeroth though and as such, a nascent Titan who is NOT dead.
    Except the titan is not born and only dreams. The best possible answer is she's a hallucination which was an old theory from before we knew what the WoE actually was. The night elves were around the titan fetus's blood and got high and powerful. There's been people who supposedly prayed away cancer and medical science had no real idea of how it happened and yet it could easily have been simply the person's faith that they would be healed when they really had the power all along. So most of the "Elune protected X" could easily have been power locked in the person/people all along and they attributed it to a higher power.

The thing is world-soul may be dreaming but its dream may have consequences on the world. Human dream is different. It's just that the world-soul may not need to be awake to interact with others. I don't think the definitions used in real world should be applied strictly to the titans which are being described as beyond mortal comprehension.

10+ Year Old Account
    The world-soul may be able to interact with the denizens of the world with its subconsciousness or whatever while still not being aware of itself as a titan. It's just pretty much all speculation at this point.
    Yeah but is a strongly stretched speculation merely meant to fit at all costs Elune in the equation. Right now, nothing truly supports Elune = World Soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Actually, the big end spoiler coming out of the new Illidan book put that possibility back on the table. Note I say "put it back on the table" not that I say that I am arguing for it, nor that I personally believe that it is even a particularly strong argument, but IMO it isn't outside the realm of possibility anymore. Illidan was contacted first by a "mysterious voice" which later turned out to be an entity called an Elder Naaru, apparently working outside the purposes of the Sha'tar. Check the Illidan spoilers thread for more info.
    This. Supposedly everything that was shown to him was from a Naaru not even present physically so Elune could still easily be a Naaru acting from afar which is far more likely than Elune being Azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

That's not confirmed. Baby Titans and baby humans may not be the same. In fact, it could hardly be the same. The definition of awareness could be very much different. The world-soul may be able to interact with the denizens of the world with its subconsciousness or whatever while still not being aware of itself as a titan. It's just pretty much all speculation at this point.
    It's not even a baby. It's a fetus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your paragraph just sounded like none were able to draw from the light in the conventional way during bc and I was in the mood to nitpick a bit ;P
    Lol yeah well, it was just about claryfing how many Blood Elves still retained their faith and how many didn't. I actually pointed out before that High Elves had priests by their own, not taught by Humans like someone implied.

So yeah whatever. Lol

Yeah but is a strongly stretched speculation merely meant to fit at all costs Elune in the equation. Right now, nothing truly supports Elune = World Soul.
    It does support that Elune may be related or important to the titans though. She knows of the knowledge and language of the titans. One of the pillar of creation is suspiciously named after her. I don't know why Blizzard created these connections but it likely means something.

The pillar of creation that Elisande used was almost certainly the eye of Aman'Thul.
    According to Chronicle, she used all of them. They had been stored in a vault in Suramar (called the Vault of Antiquities) by some of the Queen's most loyal minions. Later, those same people turned against her when the Legion wanted to make a portal under the Temple of Elune, which Elisande believed would destroy all of Suramar (she already was starting to believe the demons didn't have their best interests at heart). She knew only the pillars together had the raw power needed to seal the rift. The sorcerors of Suramar then channelled their magic through the pillars casting a giant spell that locked the portal off with a set of unbreakable seals.

Afterwards, they used one of the pillars, the Eye of Aman'thul, to create the Nightwell and then closed themselves off from the rest of the world.

The story is on page 103 if you want to check it out yourself. Page 104 specifies that they later harnessed the Eye for the Nightwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does support that Elune may be related or important to the titans though. She knows of the knowledge and language of the titans. One of the pillar of creation is suspiciously named after her. I don't know why Blizzard created these connections but it likely means something.
    Well that's kinda obvious at this point, I just think the Elune = World Soul theory is largely unsubstantiated.

Quote Originally Posted by bsgbsm View Post
    According to Chronicle, she used all of them. They had been stored in a vault in Suramar (called the Vault of Antiquities) by some of the Queen's most loyal minions. Later, those same people turned against her when the Legion wanted to make a portal under the Temple of Elune, which Elisande believed would destroy all of Suramar (she already was starting to believe the demons didn't have their best interests at heart). She knew only the pillars together had the raw power needed to seal the rift. The sorcerors of Suramar then channelled their magic through the pillars casting a giant spell that locked the portal off with a set of unbreakable seals.

Afterwards, they used one of the pillars, the Eye of Aman'thul, to create the Nightwell and then closed themselves off from the rest of the world.

The story is on page 103 if you want to check it out yourself. Page 104 specifies that they later harnessed the Eye for the Nightwell.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I think I skipped that part lol.

They like to keep unfinished lore here and there after all, we might see how all of this ends up, but at this point she could be light mist(Naaru), a big shard(Titan) or the spirit of life(elemental) that was able to remain after azeroth sucked up most of those spirits etc.

I think someone said that Elune "sheded" the new Tears of Elune after Ysera died, so I think the theory that Elune is not real and it's something the night elves made up out of their faith is pretty much wrong.

I think someone said that Elune "sheded" the new Tears of Elune after Ysera died, so I think the theory that Elune is not real and it's something the night elves made up out of their faith is pretty much wrong.
    She exists, but we still don't know exactly what she truly is, there are hints and possibilities, but nothing definitive.