Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Are there not Proto-Drakes still alive? Would they not be able to breed?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    we are not sure yet

The dragon flights are sterile, other dragon races aren't dwindling as far as we know.

Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    It was written in the Knaak e-book "dawn of the aspects". Putting all their powers into the Dragon Soul during the raid and losing their aspect powers caused it.
    Seems weird though that the aspects losing their powers leads to ALL members of their flight being infertile.
    I do hope they will retcon it...
    All of Knaaks crap books are definitely getting retconned so I'll wait for Blizz to confirm credible,consistent, non retarded storytelling.

7+ Year Old Account
    BTW in the legion Hunter Quest line Warthion find new pure egg's for black dragon, so blizzard can do the same for other dragon aspects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    BTW in the legion Hunter Quest line Warthion find new pure egg's for black dragon, so blizzard can do the same for other dragon aspects
    What spec is that for? I wish to see a video of it.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

7+ Year Old Account
    What spec is that for? I wish to see a video of it.
    survival Hunter

Deleted
    Dragons have been going extinct since the war of the ancients, and it's been going in overdrive in the last 100 years orso. But plot armor keeps em going.

-Blue flight: decimated by demon soul beyond repair. only saved because krasus went back in time and decided to hide some eggs in a pocket dimension.
    -Black flight: used up by deathwing as fodder, and hunted by other dragonflights for their betrayal.
    -Red Flight: Tyranosaurus or w/e his name was died in second war under orc enslavement. Krasus was the only mate left after that and i think he is dead too by now.
    -Bronze Flight: Messed up with infinite dragon shenanigans and old god crap.
    -Green Flight: fucked up by the nightmare

And then on top of all that they lost their immortality and most of their power when they killed deathwing.

So yeah dragons are pretty messed up, but there is always some plot device to keep em going like magically finding a bunch of eggs.

- - - Updated - - -

keep in mind that it takes titan magic to turn proto drakes into dragons tho, it didn't go by evolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    How exactly can't they breed? This is the first time I've heard this.
    *SPOILERS*

Its also stated again in Azsuna by the blue dragons (the Blue dragonflight is dying out)

*SPOILERS*

Deleted
    On a slightly related note I always wondered why Nozdormu doesn't just go one man army on the threats against Azeroth. He already saw his future as Murozond. He can't die before that happens. So for all intents and purposes he is immortal. Plus he has the the best character model ever. He needs more use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    All of Knaaks crap books are definitely getting retconned so I'll wait for Blizz to confirm credible,consistent, non retarded storytelling.
    was pretty sad when there was no mention of old god involvement in the war of the ancients, and no mention of krasus, rhonin and broxigar in chronicle.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2016-04-10 at 09:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddybearavenger View Post
    At least the "not be able to reproduce" its going to get retconned, they stated it again in Azsuna

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    On a slightly related note I always wondered why Nozdormu doesn't just go one man army on the threats against Azeroth. He already saw his future as Murozond. He can't die before that happens. So for all intents and purposes he is immortal. Plus he has the the best character model ever. He needs more use.
    probably titan-forged imprints. Them titans can leave some pretty damn hardcoded shit in your design thats hard to break from.

Quote Originally Posted by bsgbsm View Post
    It is also re-iterated on alpha by the blue dragons in Aszuna. They can't reproduce anymore so they mention that the whelps are the last alive and the dragons can't afford to lose them or their flight will die out.

It kinda makes sense the flights become infertile after reading Chronicle, as the flights were originally created basically just to help the aspects. But yeah it is a stupid thing that hopefully gets reversed, Dragons are a key feature in the world of warcraft and very iconic as raid bosses. Eventually they need to either just kill them off, or find a way to fix the problem.

Also theoretically all black dragons can still reproduce since Deathwing didn't put his power into the Dragon Soul and therefore it shouldn't have been expended. This means the off-shoots like Nether Drakes should also be fine.
    No they werent created just to help the aspects.... if youve read the dawn of the aspects, dragons ALREADY existed before they became the dragonflights.
    Just that they became the guardians of azeroth after helping the titan keepers get rid of something dangerous, azeroth needed native guardians and they were chosen after they managed to keep it safe from its first major disaster orchestrated by the old gods.

Not sure where the infertility comes from... never heard of it before, even in books. All i though was the dragons will stay dragons but they will lose some of their potential power and be simply more intellectual proto-drakes, otherwise just casual denizens of the world.
    Their time as the Aspects - the guardians of azeroth - is over and the guarding of the planet will go to mortals from now on. After all someone has to keep the old gods in check.

I have yet to buy Chronicle tho. I wouldnt be surprised if the aspects themselves became infertile and mortal, the lesser dragons could still continue the regular cycle of life... as dragons werent originally immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    That could be it, but... not knowing what will put him into despair and will push him to do all thos atrocities, nor even when, so he could easily be a double edge sword, he may fear the moment he will rise against his breathen, so for him, it may be better to wait for the bitter end while doing the less damage possible

Note: I would also love to see him more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    No they werent created just to help the aspects.... if youve read the dawn of the aspects, dragons ALREADY existed before they became the dragonflights.
    Just that they became the guardians of azeroth after helping the titan keepers get rid of something dangerous, azeroth needed native guardians and they were chosen after they managed to keep it safe from its first major disaster orchestrated by the old gods.

Not sure where the infertility comes from... never heard of it before, even in books. All i though was the dragons will stay dragons but they will lose some of their potential power and be simply more intellectual proto-drakes, otherwise just casual denizens of the world.
    Their time as the Aspects - the guardians of azeroth - is over and the guarding of the planet will go to mortals from now on. After all someone has to keep the old gods in check.

I have yet to buy Chronicle tho. I wouldnt be surprised if the aspects themselves became infertile and mortal, the lesser dragons could still continue the regular cycle of life... as dragons werent originally immortal.
    The other dragon that existed before the titans were the proto-drakes, and sadly, (Normal dragons, proto drakes can reproduce and all) none can lay eggs, this is clearly stated in Azsuna questline

He can die whenever he wants... Murozond isnt necessary from our timeline. He could be from an alternate timeline where Nozdormu is corrupted instead of Neltharion.
    Thats how timelines work in azeroth, if youve read the cataclysm book about thrall... in that book he visited an alternate azeroth where Thrall was killed as a baby and things were much different.

As long as someone delves into time travel, they create an alternate timeline which might have repercussions in the true timeline if the someone brings them here... old gods did it once before, thus the "dead baby thrall"-timeline was born. But it was unstable so it collapsed at some point, atleast thats the vibe you get when thrall is in there... the whole world felt wrong.
    Remember that old gods are immortal, patient as fudge... they can wait in LFR-queue for millions of years so they arent in any hurry to destroy azeroth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    That could be it, but... not knowing what will put him into despair and will push him to do all thos atrocities, nor even when, so he could easily be a double edge sword, he may fear the moment he will rise against his breathen, so for him, it may be better to wait for the bitter end while doing the less damage possible

- - - Updated - - -

The other dragon that existed before the titans were the proto-drakes, and sadly, (Normal dragons, proto drakes can reproduce and all) none can lay eggs, this is clearly stated in Azsuna questline
    The aspects WERE proto-drakes.... if you didnt know. They became "dragons" after the titans infused them with the powers, it also altered their physicality.
    Maybe that was the price they paid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah you might be right. As far as I know he will create the Infinite Dragonlight to prevent his own death. A self fulfilling prophecy if you will. But yes, something will probably push him over the edge. Maybe what happens to a certain pantsless green lady this expansion.

I wonder if it is possible to elect new dragon aspects. Like how Kalec replaced Malygos and how green jesus took the place of Neltharion temporarily. They might not be able to do that as mortals. Sadly the Titans won't give them new missions cause they are all dead. Unless Sargeras himself gives them the mission of guarding the world from the Void Lords. Maybe even elect completely new aspects. That would be an interesting turn of events.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you might be right. As far as I know he will create the Infinite Dragonlight to prevent his own death. A self fulfilling prophecy if you will. But yes, something will probably push him over the edge. Maybe what happens to a certain pantsless green lady this expansion.

I wonder if it is possible to elect new dragon aspects. Like how Kalec replaced Malygos and how green jesus took the place of Neltharion temporarily. They might not be able to do that as mortals. Sadly the Titans won't give them new missions cause they are all dead. Unless Sargeras himself gives them the mission of guarding the world from the Void Lords. Maybe even elect completely new aspects. That would be an interesting turn of events.
    And the new Aspect shall be... The Yellow Aspect, just need a pink one now, go go might morphin' dragons!

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    Nether Drake are originally Black Dragons Egg's were sent there by Deathwing "beyond the dark portal", Deathwing make Experiments on his dragons in outland producing new "unstable" dragons, which he left and went back to Azeroth.
    Yes I know how they originated, but they have no active connection to Azeroth. They're on a different planet and are unaffected by what people do in Azeroth.
    Same with Sabellian and his whelps.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    And the new Aspect shall be... The Yellow Aspect, just need a pink one now, go go might morphin' dragons!
    Sylvanas would be the black ranger wouldn't she???
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.