Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu View Post
    I don't really have a horse in this race but I'm a tad curious on the whole non profit argument. As long as the server host is actively charging for the service of well, hosting the servers, isn't there going to be SOMEONE inevitably benefitting and making money off of private wow servers?
    Ofc there is but the "nost community" claims noone is profiting. They just dont get the laws....

This is what Blizzard is doing is trying to make their legacy of an ever evolving game have it's old content be lost in time instead of allowing some sort of archive for players to experience how the game evolved. This doesn't limit just to World of Warcraft.
    The US Gov't will laugh at this, and they should.

GM admitting that many GM's want Legacy servers:

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really have a horse in this race but I'm a tad curious on the whole non profit argument. As long as the server host is actively charging for the service of well, hosting the servers, isn't there going to be SOMEONE inevitably benefitting and making money off of private wow servers?
    The short answer is yes. There are much longer answers but the short answer is that yes, someone was making money from Nostalrius. The hosting service was included in the C&D and pending lawsuit.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The short answer is yes. There are much longer answers but the short answer is that yes, someone was making money from Nostalrius. The hosting service was included in the C&D and pending lawsuit.
    I see! Thanks for the answer, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure on it.

Look how many people were there. This is aspect of an MMO, Blizzard killed MMO in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post

<snip>
    Good way to get that GM fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Clearly. We are talking about lack of content in WoD, I ask what vanilla has and you link that nonsense. But then again, why would you? Vanilla has less content by far. I just want to hear the people complaining about WoD and praising Vanilla say it.
    Eh, okay, as I suspected, you're just playing word games here. Is the vanilla part left in WoD usable? Maybe some could get a few hours out of it. Do you think with what you've heard pro-vanilla people say they want in a game that we would get any enjoyment from it? Do you understand that WoD's content was not enjoyable for many? Do you understand the difference between mmo's made before 2010 or so and the ones we get now?

You're question is like asking why people can't get with the program and listen to nothing but Taylor Swift. Hey, she even did some country music early on, its not like you're getting different content than folk or alt country offers!

Deleted
    That is pretty insane tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    GMs work in call centers for barely above minimum wage, dude. They have about as much creative control as the person at Comcast you call when your internet is out.

I mean they're entitled to their opinions, just like everyone else, but it means about as much as when the CSR admits they charge too much for the speed you're getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Radeghost View Post
    <snip>
    Look how many people were there. This is aspect of an MMO, Blizzard killed MMO in WoW.
    http://www.dictionary.com/browse/mmorpg?s=t

Digital Technology.
    massively multiplayer online role-playing game: any story-driven online video game in which a player, taking on the persona of a character in a virtual or fantasy world, interacts with a large number of other players.
    WoW is still a MMORPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Good way to get that GM fired.
    Blizz has openly stated that there's internal interest, that's even in your little Wall of No thing.

You really think that would have any effect on that GM's employment? That's adorable.

These 2 images to express everything. Hear us.
    http://imgur.com/a/MZgCm

7+ Year Old Account
    finally down... if you want to play wow, play in official... past days are over, enjoy the newest expansion or stop playing... true fact...

Quote Originally Posted by shifuren View Post
    These 2 images to express everything. Hear us.
    http://imgur.com/a/MZgCm
    So you gathered all the playerbase into one place, and it means what exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Syfus View Post
    finally down... if you want to play wow, play in official... past days are over, enjoy the newest expansion or stop playing... true fact...
    Thank the maker. Time to pop the champagne and have more fun telling all the shitposters on the Blizz facebook page how horrible they and their community are.

They are so salty, it's like the Dead Sea out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    Blizz has openly stated that there's internal interest, that's even in your little Wall of No thing.

You really think that would have any effect on that GM's employment? That's adorable.
    There's also internal interest in removing flying completely. That still doesn't change that they'll do legacy servers when they decide to not when the community cries loud enough

Quote Originally Posted by QuiksLE View Post
    So you gathered all the playerbase into one place, and it means what exactly?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s14Wx9mW7BY

oops. guess his dreams just got crushed :P

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    There's also internal interest in removing flying completely. That still doesn't change that they'll do legacy servers when they decide to not when the community cries loud enough
    Yeah, and a GM saying they want flying removed won't get them fired either.

I think we're actually on the same side of the argument, I'm just going through the motions atm.

Deleted
    Are you out of your mind??!?! Do you even realize we have cars now in modern era and that you are NOT supposed to even think of a horse!? Do you know how much money is spent for making cars? Instead of bringing up horses, buy a car and be quiet and NEVER EVER talk about horses again! Horses are NOT new thing, horses needs stables and all of this would need a lot of money and people to keep it going which means a big waste of their resources. Move on with the time!