Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would it possible to have Orc Shaman in the Warcraft Movie?

Or, would the Elements had forsaken Orcs for dabbling in death magic?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    You see Ner'zhul in the trailer, so yeah, there will be orc shamans

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FDinLXjxR4E/Vj1ALTcjZ8I/AAAAAAAAAjM/ThYvGJoLve8/s1600/nerz.jpg

Edit: Pic
    Last edited by Zulkanja; 2016-04-05 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    You see Ner'zhul in the trailer, so yeah, there will be orc shamans
    But was he using shamanic magic or dark star magic in the trailer?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dark Star magic is AU Draenor stuff. You can see him calling down lightning, which imo is very shamanistic

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkanja View Post
    Dark Star magic is AU Draenor stuff. You can see him calling down lightning, which imo is very shamanistic
    from wowpedia:

Shamanism has existed since the sapient races first discovered the power of the elements of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. On Draenor, now shattered Outland, the orcs were shamanistic; on Azeroth, trolls and tauren were shamanistic. Though shamanism on Azeroth flourished and still continues to, shamanism on Draenor was all but extinct by the time of the great crossing of the Horde into Azeroth via the Dark Portal. The greatest and yet some of the most vilified orcs were once shaman; Zuluhed the Whacked, Ner'zhul, and even Gul'dan were all previously shaman. However, Kil'jaeden, current lord over the Burning Legion, distorted the shaman's connection with their spirits in the sacred mountain of Oshu'gun, himself taking on the form of the shaman's ancestors to convince the shaman (who held much political sway in the orcish culture) that the Draenei were the enemy. The ensuing massacres upon several Draenei hunting parties offended the spirits, who eventually denied the shaman their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    It's not Ner'zhul, but it is a shaman. He's casting a huge lightning storm around himself.

It should be noted that the movie is its own canon universe, and doesn't modify or necessarily follow the one from the books and games.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's not Ner'zhul, but it is a shaman. He's casting a huge lightning storm around himself.

It should be noted that the movie is its own canon universe, and doesn't modify or necessarily follow the one from the books and games.
    We don't know if the shaman cast'd any of that lightning. We see Medivh calling down lightning in the International Trailer, after all.

Honestly we don't know either way if it is or is not him. Would be cooler if it was, or he was at least in the movie.

Deleted
    It's not Ner'zhul, but it is a shaman.
    Where is this confirmed?

Ner'zhul and Doomhammah my fav orcs <3

By the game lore, it depends whether this is before or after the Legion corrupts the Orcs. Though I think Ner'zhul still continued to use shamanistic magic afterwards so if it's him, maybe.

The Dark Star only happened in the AU, where the Shadowmoon clan used that energy. Shouldn't appear in the MU at all.

But of course, the movie might change the lore, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Honestly we don't know either way if it is or is not him. Would be cooler if it was, or he was at least in the movie.
    We don't know for sure if he'll be in the movie or not. If he will be, it would be a minor reference at most, Kasinzky pretty much confirmed that characters like Ner'zhul, Mannoroth and Kil'jaeden got "skipped" in the movie to not mess things up. In the game lore we know he played no role in the First War.

But that orc is definitely not Ner'zhul for sure, people get confused by all the stuff in the face that orc has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    We don't know for sure if he'll be in the movie or not. If he will be, it would be a minor reference at most, Kasinzky pretty much confirmed that characters like Ner'zhul, Mannoroth and Kil'jaeden got "skipped" in the movie to not mess things up. In the game lore we know he played no role in the First War.

But that orc is definitely not Ner'zhul for sure, people get confused by all the stuff in the face that orc has.
    Maybe it's just a small part of introduction from Draenor, where they want to explain or hint the audience what happened there before the actual movie starts or such? No bigger role for Ner'zhul, just a small scene. Also, I don't think Kasinzky should say any such things before the release.
    ... unless he's bluffing.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by ambient epicuros View Post
    Also, I don't think Kasinzky should say any such things before the release.
    Not a big deal honestly. Those are not really spoilers but clarifying that certain things had to be skipped to maintain a "slender" narration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

from wowpedia:

Shamanism has existed since the sapient races first discovered the power of the elements of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. On Draenor, now shattered Outland, the orcs were shamanistic; on Azeroth, trolls and tauren were shamanistic. Though shamanism on Azeroth flourished and still continues to, shamanism on Draenor was all but extinct by the time of the great crossing of the Horde into Azeroth via the Dark Portal. The greatest and yet some of the most vilified orcs were once shaman; Zuluhed the Whacked, Ner'zhul, and even Gul'dan were all previously shaman. However, Kil'jaeden, current lord over the Burning Legion, distorted the shaman's connection with their spirits in the sacred mountain of Oshu'gun, himself taking on the form of the shaman's ancestors to convince the shaman (who held much political sway in the orcish culture) that the Draenei were the enemy. The ensuing massacres upon several Draenei hunting parties offended the spirits, who eventually denied the shaman their powers.
    That quote has literally nothing to do with void magic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    NightHaawk rolls a 2 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: HA HA HA HA
    Chikko rolls a 1 (1-100) on [Thread Topic]
    Chikko: FFFUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by NightHaawk View Post
    That quote has literally nothing to do with void magic.
    don't be stupid. Learn to comprehend it's about not able practicing shamanism.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure we can expect to see Drek'thar in the movie. He was the leading shaman in the Frostwolf clan at the time of "Rise of the Horde". Since the Frostwolves are with brown skin and not corrupted by the Fel, he should still be a shaman at the start of the movie. That's what I'm hoping to see in the movie atleast..
    Last edited by Emos; 2016-04-09 at 05:47 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Even though the Spirits had proberly abandoned the Orcs, by the time of the invasion of Azeroth, i expect Blizzard to bend the time line and make it so that Shamans do exsist in this world, at this moment.

The Warcraft movie is not gonna be canon and they can do what the hell they want, and they are proberly gonna make use of that.

We shouldn't because the elements abandoned the orcs in protest of their slaughter of the draenei.

don't be stupid. Learn to comprehend it's about not able practicing shamanism.
    And nowhere does it say they used void magic in MU. So rather than sling insults when proven wrong, how bout you just accept it and move along that the dark star did not happen in MU just like Nerzhul's wife was dead in MU which is how KJ got him to listen to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Put this guy.