Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Why hasn't my mount tracker went up?

So I've read that the optimal way for mount collectors to increase the tracker is to have a Paladin with tailoring and engineering. I've already got 3 tailoring mounts from another character and now I'm relearning tailoring so the Paladin can use them and thus increase the tracker.

I've gotten to 300 meaning I can use the first flying carpet, but my track is staying at 238. What's the situation here?

Here's a screenshot before
    And after

All the mounts must be usable by the character to count. Crossfaction mounts don't count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    All the mounts must be usable by the character to count. Crossfaction mounts don't count.
    The Paladin is Alliance as are all the other characters I use to collect mounts.

Again, I should have +1 because when I got to 300 tailoring the Paladin could then use the carpet mount, but the counter hasn't went up.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    The Paladin is Alliance as are all the other characters I use to collect mounts.

Again, I should have +1 because when I got to 300 tailoring the Paladin could then use the carpet mount, but the counter hasn't went up.
    It counts all mounts you can POTENTIALLY use, not just what you can use currently. My Paladin who isn't a leather worker, engineer or tailor is "credited" with having the mounts as they are potentially usable if I switch profession.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It counts all mounts you can POTENTIALLY use, not just what you can use currently. My Paladin who isn't a leather worker, engineer or tailor is "credited" with having the mounts as they are potentially usable if I switch profession.
    Then why do people say the optimal way is to create a paladin with engineering and tailoring if it doesn't matter what characters can use whichever profession mount?

I don't think that's the case, to be honest. As an Alliance I could 'potentially' use a Horde mount, but the tracker doesn't go up if I collect horde mounts. It's one character having the most possible that increases the tracker, surely.

Deleted
    If you didn't just learn a new carpet (i.e. You got to 300, made a carpet and learnt it on the spot) you will not get a +1 on your counter. If you already had the carpet on another character it will count towards your mount total EVEN if your character can't use it. So you can make your paladin, learn tailoring, get the mounts, unlearn tailoring, get engineering, learn those mounts and your tailoring mounts will STILL count towards the mount total even though you cannot currently use the mount on that character.

I hope I didn't misread your question there.

Edit: To answer your question above, it's simply the fastest way I suppose. Both tailoring and engineering have a lot of mounts to craft and learn and paladins are the ONLY class in the game to have 3 class only mounts. And no, your Alliance character can never potentially use a Horde mount. You can learn tailoring on that Alliance character but you can't learn to be an Orc.

10+ Year Old Account
    You need to log on whichever character can use the most mounts, for me that's my warlock tailor/engineer
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    So just to be sure;

I have engineering mounts on my Warrior, Tailoring mounts on my Mage and a I have a Paladin. I just wasted my time trying to unlock the carpet mounts by getting the Paladins tailoring to 300 because it won't affect that tracker?

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    You need to log on whichever character can use the most mounts, for me that's my warlock tailor/engineer
    See, this guy says it's whatever character can use the most!

Surely if I have tailoring and engineering on the Paladin that should mean he can use the most mounts and therefore it'll increase the tracker even if I have the prof mounts on different characters already.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2016-04-10 at 10:51 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then why do people say the optimal way is to create a paladin with engineering and tailoring if it doesn't matter what characters can use whichever profession mount?

I don't think that's the case, to be honest. As an Alliance I could 'potentially' use a Horde mount, but the tracker doesn't go up if I collect horde mounts. It's one character having the most possible that increases the tracker, surely.
    Because the optimal way implies there are suboptimal ways. Paladin is just the fastest way.

Alliance character can never use a Horde mount and vice versa without an outside of game feature. It isn't comparable.

- - - Updated - - -

Which isn't contrary to what everyone else has said.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    So just to be sure;

I have engineering mounts on my Warrior, Tailoring mounts on my Mage and a I have a Paladin. I just wasted my time trying to unlock the carpet mounts by getting the Paladins tailoring to 300 because it won't affect that tracker?

Alright I'll just show you the test I did. I wrote a guide on how to get the 217 easiest mounts so I did a LOT of testing. Here's the scenario.

My paladin friend was an engineer and had a few of the engineer only mounts.
    I asked him to help me test this out and so he logged onto his rogue who we gave tailoring 300.
    I then gave that rogue a carpet mount to learn. No change on the counter because his paladin had +2 mounts.
    He then logged back onto his paladin and now his counter had gone up by +1 because I gave him a carpet on his rogue.
    The paladin still could not use the carpet of course because he did not have tailoring, but it was in his collection so it counted.

And that is how it is, basically.

Deleted
    Which isn't contrary to what everyone else has said.
    Why?

My character that can use the most right now is my Paladin because he has +2 class mounts. He cannot use the tailoring or engineering mounts. If I unlocked them, then he can use them, and then the tracker should go up because he can use the most mounts...

7+ Year Old Account
    Why?

My character that can use the most right now is my Paladin because he has +2 class mounts. He cannot use the tailoring or engineering mounts. If I unlocked them, then he can use them, and then the tracker should go up because he can use the most mounts...
    Because you already had the mounts in your collection. They weren't newly added. They were already counted in your 238.

The tracker counts mounts in your collection that you can potentially use ... nothing more. If you have a carpet in your collection, then get the ability to use it, your tracker does not increase.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post
    Alright I'll just show you the test I did. I wrote a guide on how to get the 217 easiest mounts so I did a LOT of testing. Here's the scenario.

I asked him to help me test this out and so he logged onto his rogue who we gave tailoring 300.
    I then gave that rogue a carpet mount to learn. No change on the counter because his paladin had +2 mounts.
    He then logged back onto his paladin and now his counter had gone up by +1 because I gave him a carpet on his rogue.
    The paladin still could not use the carpet of course because he did not have tailoring, but it was in his collection so it counted.

I can confirm this when my Rogue got the Leatherworking Wolf mount. I went to my paladin and my tracker went up by 1, but not when I was on my Rogue.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Because you already had the mounts in your collection. They weren't newly added. They were already counted in your 238.

The tracker counts mounts in your collection that you can potentially use ... nothing more. If you have a carpet in your collection, then get the ability to use it, your tracker does not increase.
    I'm just trying to understand because these things are completely contradictory.

'See, this guy says it's whatever character can use the most!'
    'Which isn't contrary to what everyone else has said.'

and

'It counts all mounts you can POTENTIALLY use'

Potentially means any character can contribute profession mounts to the tracker, so not 'building up one character (e.g a paladin with eng and tailoring)

Edit: Yes the character that has +2 class mounts will increase the tracker if I get a new mount on another character, but 'whichever character can use the most' implies that if I could USE the tailoring and engineering mounts on the Paladin then the tracker would then include all those mounts as if they were new.
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2016-04-10 at 11:03 PM.

Deleted
    I'm just trying to understand because these things are completely contradictory.

and

Potentially means any character can contribute profession mounts to the tracker, so not 'building up one character (e.g a paladin with eng and tailoring)
    You're just clinging to what people "just say" at this point. I literally tested this, this IS how it works. I'm very sorry you wasted your time levelling a tailor for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinze View Post

7+ Year Old Account

and

Because it isn't completely contrary. A Paladin only mount can not be used by a non-Paladin ever ... so the tracker will not count a Paladin exclusive mount. It cannot be potentially used.

Again, the optimal way is a Paladin with Engineer and tailoring due to the fact they have the most profession mounts and the class has 3 mounts exclusive. A non-Paladin cannot use a Paladin mount. Paladins are just the class that can use the most mounts, beating Warlocks and DKs by 1.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Because it isn't completely contrary. A Paladin only mount can not be used by a non-Paladin ever ... so the tracker will not count a Paladin exclusive mount. It cannot be potentially used.

Again, the optimal way is a Paladin with Engineer and tailoring due to the fact they have the most profession mounts and the class has 3 mounts exclusive. A non-Paladin cannot use a Paladin mount. Paladins are just the class that can use the most mounts, beating Warlocks and DKs by 1.
    I don't see how the Paladin with engineering and tailoring is more optimal than a warrior with engineering and tailoring. Get the prof mounts on the warrior then log into the paladin afterwards. That's how I assumed it worked (which apparently it does) until I then read it was whatever character could use the most.

Edit: Why 'the optimal way is to make a paladin with eng and tailoring', instead of, 'the optimal profs and engineering and tailoring and also create a paladin'
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2016-04-10 at 11:10 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how the Paladin with engineering and tailoring is more optimal than a warrior with engineering and tailoring. Get the prof mounts on the warrior then log into the paladin afterwards. That's how I assumed it worked (which apparently it does) until I then read it was whatever character could use the most.
    Optimal means fewest required steps. Leveling a Paladin with Engineering/Tailoring has less steps than Leveling a Warrior with Tailoring and Engineering and a paladin. You have to level a warrior to 90 (to get Creeping Carpet) and level a Paladin to 80 (to get Argent Charger) vs just leveling a Paladin to 90 to get both.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    You can absolutely do exactly that, but if you only have the option to use a single character (or have to choose a character to start playing WoW with) it's easier to start with a paladin because that paladin can get 3 class only mounts. That's really the only reason. Otherwise you can do exactly what you just said.

I just logged in on all of my characters (5: 4A 1H).

The achievement counter says 289 (my mount tab is different per a toon).

Here's the thing, my hunter can mount the most, since he has some pvp mounts (4 vicious). 292 mounts in my tab (3 horde: Warlord's deathwheel, 2 trikes) and 289 on the tracker.

My horde lock has tailoring so I just finished getting the last TWO carpet mounts, the achievement tracker stayed the same (289), but when I logged onto my hunter, the tracker went to 291.

First number is the tab count, second one is achievement count.

A:monk (BS/LW)......290-291
    A:rogue (ALC/JC).....291-291
    A:dk (MIN/HER).......293-291 Class only +2
    A:hunter (ENC/ENG) 294-291 Vicious pvp +4
    H:lock (TAI/SKI)......293-291 class only +2

So, basically, if you already have the mount in your collection it will count on all toons, even if they can't ride it because they don't have the profession.

If you only had one character, a Pally(+3) Eng/Tailor would be the best combo.

The only issue I'm having, is how my monk shows 290 mounts in the tab but the achievement is 291. lol no idea why, it should be at least 291. Anyone know?
    Figured it out, I don't have the Vash'jir mount on my monk.
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-04-11 at 09:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is so stupid. All profession/class mounts should count regardless if your player can use them or not. I would even go a step further and say Horde/Alliance mounts too but we will need more rewards if that is the case.